NASCAR 2012

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

NASCAR 2012

Post by TillyGalore » January 14th, 2012, 7:31 pm

:auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag:

Gentlemen, time to start a new thread for a new season.

:auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-nascar: :auto-checkeredflag:
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: NASCAR 2012

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 14th, 2012, 7:50 pm

I never looked at the old thread and this is the one and only time I'll look at (or post in) this thread!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 14th, 2012, 7:56 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I never looked at the old thread and this is the one and only time I'll look at (or post in) this thread!
I only came in to see what Ozzie actually had to contribute to a NASCAR thread. =)) =))

(But I'll still peak in quietly during the season. ;) )
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 14th, 2012, 10:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I never looked at the old thread and this is the one and only time I'll look at (or post in) this thread!
I'll make a point not to post in the Minka Kelly/Jeter thread this year. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 14th, 2012, 10:35 pm

by August West » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Hey Lavabe, I'm interested in playing this year. Could you post a link to the rules, etc.? Thanks, AW.
Just a reminder that August West will be participating in fantasy league.
:clap:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 16th, 2012, 10:29 am

David Ragan signs up with Front Row Motorsports, taking the spot that was driven last year by Travis Kvapil.

ANOTHER C lister confirmed. #:-s
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » January 18th, 2012, 7:49 am

The Top 10 Pet Peeves of NASCAR Drivers....

10) Winning a race, then getting passed on the way home by some dork in a Hyundai
9) You're eight laps down and the only advice your pit crew comes up with is "go faster"
8) Kids in the back keep asking "Are we at Lap 236 yet?"
7) Right in the middle of the race, your Michael Bublay CD screws up
6) You're doing 200 mph and there's a damn Busch in front of you!
5) After a fill-up, your pit crew doesn't give you a free NFL drinking glass
4) Guys who think they have a lot in common with you just because they once did over 80 on the interstate
3) Winning the cup, but did they ever send you a ton of free Sprint stuff? Hell no!
2) Tell crew chief you need to use the restroom and he says, "Well, you should have thought of that before you left the house mister!"
1) Guys who drive only 160 in the left-hand lane
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 20th, 2012, 3:22 pm

In a move designed to torment Tilly, according to ESPN, Kyle Busch just signed his brother Kurt to drive in his Nationwide Series team. That's right... Kurt Busch will drive for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
L-)
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 21st, 2012, 9:43 am

I talked to a guy who drove ARCA for about 10 years last week. They generally used a year or two old Winston Cup cars. Small one car operation that ran in the 90's to early 2000's. The series got too big time for him to keep up. When he would arrive at a track, they would ask him where his backup car was at. He'd point at his car and say, "There it is." If you started talking about tracks, he had driven them all.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 24th, 2012, 6:24 pm

SPRINT update: Danica is racing in the CocaCola 600 (or whatever they are calling it this year), NOT the INDY 500 this year.
Trevor Bayne has recovered from the Lyme disease that he had last year.

Looks like there will be a few more C listers racing in Daytona, but it's hard to see whether many of them will race throughout the year.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 24th, 2012, 11:01 pm

I believe the yahoo fantasy league can now be set up. Unfortunately, I can't seem to log into yahoo right now (I forgot the login info).

I believe that devildeac's SIL#2 wants to join the league.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 25th, 2012, 12:20 am

I managed to log in.

OH MY!!

A list: Smoke, Kes, JG, JJ, Edwards, Hamlin, Blech, Harvick, Kenseth
B list: JPM, Burton, Ambrose, MM, Logano, JamieMac, REGAN SMITH, Truex
Menard, KuBusch, Newman, Bowyer, KK, Biff, Dinger, Jr
C list: Everyone else (it's FREAKIN' long), but it has the following:
DAVID RAGAN, Bayne, Cassill, MWaltrip, VICKERS, Reutimann, B Labonte, Danica, Almirola,etc...

Note: on the C list, Danica already has been selected by 27% of the people already (3rd, behind Bayne and Ragan).

A list has shrunk. Some B's have dropped, but the only C listers from 2011 to have been promoted are MENARD & SMITH.

CAN'T WAIT FOR DAYTONA!! :happy-bouncyblue:
knights68

Post by knights68 » January 27th, 2012, 8:02 am

I am putting my picks together, but cannot find CTN to join. Whats the link or perhaps the group ID & password???
My "Hell on Wheels" is red ta go!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2012, 10:03 am

Danica IS racing in the Daytona 500, in a somewhat complicated deal between SHR and Tommy Baldwin Racing.

FWIW, when Danica isn't running in the Cup, looks like Reutimann may be one of the Big C List choices available.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2012, 10:58 am

knights68 wrote:I am putting my picks together, but cannot find CTN to join. Whats the link or perhaps the group ID & password???
Ymo has been our founder and our commish over the last few years.
MANY THANKS TO YMO!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I hope it's okay, Ymo, but I had time this morning, and have just opened up our group. Here is the needed info:
Group ID#: 10608
Group Name: CTN NASCAR 2012
Group Password: durham

Please go ahead and login.

I wonder if CTN 2012 will be one of the highest scoring leagues.

All are welcome to join!!
If you've not done this before, you must access sports.yahoo.com and register with yahoo there (look at the upper left corner). From the sports.yahoo.com page, click the FANTASY button in the upper right, and look for AUTO RACING. You'll then enter the NASCAR site. At that point, go ahead, create your Team Name (and any other details), then JOIN A GROUP. Give the group # and goup password from above. That should do it. If you have any troubles, let me know.

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY! LET THE PICKING BEGIN!!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 4th, 2012, 8:52 am

Lavabe wrote:
knights68 wrote:I am putting my picks together, but cannot find CTN to join. Whats the link or perhaps the group ID & password???
Ymo has been our founder and our commish over the last few years.
MANY THANKS TO YMO!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I hope it's okay, Ymo, but I had time this morning, and have just opened up our group.
It is more than okay! I've been traveling the last few days and haven't been paying much attention.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 4th, 2012, 8:55 am

Only 3 entries so far, c'mon down folks! Daytona is only a few weeks away!
knights68

Post by knights68 » February 4th, 2012, 12:38 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Only 3 entries so far, c'mon down folks! Daytona is only a few weeks away!
I am in and ready to race!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 4th, 2012, 1:07 pm

knights68 wrote:The Top 10 Pet Peeves of NASCAR Drivers....

10) Winning a race, then getting passed on the way home by some dork in a Hyundai
9) You're eight laps down and the only advice your pit crew comes up with is "go faster"
8) Kids in the back keep asking "Are we at Lap 236 yet?"
7) Right in the middle of the race, your Michael Bublay CD screws up
6) You're doing 200 mph and there's a damn Busch in front of you!
5) After a fill-up, your pit crew doesn't give you a free NFL drinking glass
4) Guys who think they have a lot in common with you just because they once did over 80 on the interstate
3) Winning the cup, but did they ever send you a ton of free Sprint stuff? Hell no!
2) Tell crew chief you need to use the restroom and he says, "Well, you should have thought of that before you left the house mister!"
1) Guys who drive only 160 in the left-hand lane

Or getting a speeding ticket while driving to the airport after winning the race. This actually happened to Emerson Fittipaldi after he won the Molson Indy in Toronto in the late '80s.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 4th, 2012, 1:12 pm

I'm in.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------