Just a few spare vibes, please!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Just a few spare vibes, please!

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 11th, 2012, 10:59 pm

The OP is in Duke Hospital tonight where they are trying to get to the bottom of why he made me get up in the middle of the night and run red lights in the rain to get him to the ER! He couldn't get his breath and had a headache that was not responding to Excedrin. After a full day of tests, he's tucked in and has begun a regimen to reduce his racing and irregular heart. The prognosis is that we dodged a bullet and that he'll be home by the first of the week on meds with instructions to do everything I tell him to do to reduce stress.

He's gonna be okay, but a few extra CT vibes can't hurt!!!!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Just a few spare vibes, please!

Post by DevilAlumna » January 11th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Oh no, Ima! Hugs to both you and the OP!

Sending heart-healing vibes your way ASAP!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

My dad suffers from atrial fibrillation occasionally, usually under times of stress or when he's had too much caffeine and/or alcohol. Here's hoping whatever's plaguing the OP is something just as manageable.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 11th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Lot's of prime vibes going y'all's way! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 12th, 2012, 8:35 am

Major vibes :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 12th, 2012, 8:35 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Massive get well OP vibes coming your way!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 12th, 2012, 8:58 am

Many many vibes and thoughts and prayers go to you. I have been through all of this with both of my parents, my entire life. Both of them had heart conditions and heart surgeries (everything at Duke).

We made the trips to Duke from Alamance County, I could almost do it blindfolded.

Since I was adopted, I didnt get those bad geneics of Heart Disease.

But I spent countless hours at Duke Hospital and Duke North 7th floor, over the years. They have the best doctors and surgeons.

Please let me know, if I can assist you in any way, since I dont live far from you.

Prayers, thoughts, vibes for continued wellness and good health.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 12th, 2012, 9:11 am

Your biggest challenge, keeping the OP in line. I have no doubt you will. :ymhug: :ymhug:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 12th, 2012, 9:19 am

windsor wrote::wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Massive get well OP vibes coming your way!
I'll second this and add :ymhug:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 12th, 2012, 9:23 am

FYI.... I know that watching Duke Basketball can lead to temporary stress and cursing and using bad words, along with rising the Blood Pressure!

I know while at the Final 4 in Indy (thanks to a great friend of mine who took 4 of us with him).... I dont think I hardly breathed during that championship game. I had an aisle seat, behind the Cameron Crazies in the Duke section. And had a clear view of that final shot that Hayward took from Butler. I think our hearts missed a few beats.

But during that entire weekend, I received countless phone calls, and texts. I couldnt even hardly text during the Final Game. I was that nervous. Even after the game, when we went to eat, I had to get my food to go... unable to eat. Those games are stressful to watch, but so much fun. (Not the Temple Game....... SFD!, as Ozzie says. )
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 12th, 2012, 9:25 am

There are NO spare vibes on this site. Mine are not spare either!
I offer full-on vibrations and prayers for the OP and you, that all is okay.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 12th, 2012, 10:13 am

Mega vibes for the OP and for our sweet Ima! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 12th, 2012, 11:32 am

I'm sending lots of vibes, love and prayers out for the OP and Ima.

:ymhug: :-* :ymhug: :-* :ymhug: :-*

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 12th, 2012, 11:39 am

VibetyVibeVibeVibeVibe!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » January 12th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Best wishes, OP. Hope to see you back in Cameron soon! AW. :D

PS. Back off on the cap a notch or two. ;)
Miles

Post by Miles » January 12th, 2012, 4:59 pm

Ultra Mega Vibes on the way!
sMiles
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 12th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Oh, Ima, I just saw this thread - had a busy day today.

Sending mega ass vibes that the OP is back to his old self with less stress sooooon.

:ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 12th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Bluegrass Vibes are a-flowin'!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » January 12th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Many healing vibes headed to the OP and not-worry vibes headed to you Ima!
:wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 12th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Hey! You guys have done it AGAIN!!!!! (Although we do have to give Dr. Becker and his crack Duke Heart Center team some of the credit.) The OP's ticker is keeping time like a metronome! Looking back, he realizes he's been very sick for a very long time. (Wouldn't listen to my nagging to DO something about it.) A one-day flight to LA, standing and teaching all day, then straight back to LAX and taking the redeye home, arriving at RDU at daybreak finally tipped the scales. Fluid had built up in his lungs and extremities and he literally could not breathe.

He's a guy who has always been in good shape, answering warnings of stress and overwork with "My blood pressure is enviable! My weight is perfect. You can eat your heart out over my cholesterol scores!" True. But his complexion was gray, and his mood was always somber. And he was falling asleep in one chair after another all over the house. And August West can attest to how the stall game in the last five minutes in Cameron would simply bring him to his knees with frustration and anxiety! He just couldn't lighten up!

Well, he's gotten his warning now. Let's see if he pays attention. A seventy-two year old grouch just can't do what he did when he was twenty five! And there will come a time when even CT vibes won't be able to help him.

He has his color back and getting his sea legs. They are keeping him until Sunday to watch what happens now and to get some more EKGs to have a baseline in the event this happens again. Kudos to the Duke Heart Center and to the CT Center of Hearts!

Love, Ima
Go Duke! Beat UVA! (But without stall ball. I don't think he's quite ready for that!)
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 12th, 2012, 7:17 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Hey! You guys have done it AGAIN!!!!! (Although we do have to give Dr. Becker and his crack Duke Heart Center team some of the credit.) The OP's ticker is keeping time like a metronome! Looking back, he realizes he's been very sick for a very long time. (Wouldn't listen to my nagging to DO something about it.) A one-day flight to LA, standing and teaching all day, then straight back to LAX and taking the redeye home, arriving at RDU at daybreak finally tipped the scales. Fluid had built up in his lungs and extremities and he literally could not breathe.

He's a guy who has always been in good shape, answering warnings of stress and overwork with "My blood pressure is enviable! My weight is perfect. You can eat your heart out over my cholesterol scores!" True. But his complexion was gray, and his mood was always somber. And he was falling asleep in one chair after another all over the house. And August West can attest to how the stall game in the last five minutes in Cameron would simply bring him to his knees with frustration and anxiety! He just couldn't lighten up!

Well, he's gotten his warning now. Let's see if he pays attention. A seventy-two year old grouch just can't do what he did when he was twenty five! And there will come a time when even CT vibes won't be able to help him.

He has his color back and getting his sea legs. They are keeping him until Sunday to watch what happens now and to get some more EKGs to have a baseline in the event this happens again. Kudos to the Duke Heart Center and to the CT Center of Hearts!

Love, Ima
Go Duke! Beat UVA! (But without stall ball. I don't think he's quite ready for that!)
Awesome news!! I'm sending more of our INFINITE CTN vibes to the OP!! I know the type well. Bud is another classic 72 year old stubborn, Type A, can't sit still over-achiever.