VaTech @ Duke. 12:30P KO. Menu & Attendance.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

VaTech @ Duke. 12:30P KO. Menu & Attendance.

Post by TNTDevil » October 26th, 2011, 6:42 am

Big transition day on the Duke campus- we've crossed the halfway point in football and, just like that, basketball is starting! Saturday's tailgate will be a "two-sport" star!

Based on experience from last week, we're gonna' taper off a bit on the early AM offerings. We're doing so because: a) these early games folks tend to show up a bit later and in a far more scattered pattern and; b) most breakfast foods are best when consumed warm so, we're only gonna' have a few "buffet" offerings and a couple of "made on request" items as well.

Then, around half-time, we'll re-fire the grills and begin with the pre-hoops tailgate.

The weather would have been perfect football weather but, now looks like it's gonna' be dicey.. So, dress warmly and prepare to party!

TNTDevil: (+10)
Cinnamon-Swirl Raisin Nut bread;
Coffee cake;
French toast casserole;
(This space reserved for whatever I plan to do as "lunch" offerings.)
Tea, water and assorted beverages of an alcoholic nature.

CB&B: (+4)
Chicken breasts, rolls, grilled onions, green peppers, mushrooms and cheese for sammiches;
Mimosa Fixins;
Assorted Beer.

Ozzie: (+2)
Val's brisket;
Chutzpah Deli's Pastrami & Corned beef;
Costcos?;
Rye breads (I have several mustards, in addition to French's that are usually in my cooler);
Assorted beverages.

CathyCA: (+8)
$$;
Chocolate cup cakes.

D2: (+5)
Large fruit salad.

Cheermom: (+1)
Egg & cheese strata.

CheerDevil: (+1)
Fruit and cheese tray.

AW:
Assorted beverages.

DPS:
Assorted beverages.

D2N:
Pumpkin Pecan Crisp.

VDB:
Cardboard "carpeting".

Total attendance= (28-Oct.)41

Menu Overview:
Brunch: CSRN Bread, Coffee cake, Egg & Cheese Strata, French toast casserole, scrambled eggs, Bass Farms Spicy Sausage, Lg fruit salad.
T'gate: Val's brisket, pastrami, corned beef, grilled chicken sammiches, cup cakes, fruit & cheese tray
Last edited by CameronBornAndBred on October 28th, 2011, 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Update M&A 27-Oct.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: VaTech @ Duke. 12:30P KO. Menu & Attendance.

Post by CathyCA » October 26th, 2011, 7:42 am

Cathy + 6

I'm bringing $$ and chocolate cupcakes to celebrate my 50th birthday. This Brunchgate/Tailgate will be one of my 50 Days to 50 Years activities.

In addition to Miss Fran, we'll have her grandson Kenneth and one of his friends joining us.

Also joining us will be one of my friends from law school, Pattie, and her husband, Dan. Pattie and Dan have a son who is in the Corps of Cadets at Virginia Tech. Therefore, Pattie will be pulling for the Hokies. Dan is a graduate of the USMA and a huge fan of Coach K, so he will be pulling for Duke.

I also expect 2 of my sorority sisters and their husbands to drop by, but they probably won't join us for food because they're participating in Parents Weekend festivities with their kids on campus.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2011, 9:00 am

Me +2, a friend from Smithfield and his son. Matt is a season ticket holder for both sports and gave me his "bucket $" last week, so he's committed!

A 9 1/2 pound brisket (precooking weight) awaits Saturday's consumption! Cheermom will bring 2 pounds of pastrami and 1 pound of corned beef from Chutzpah Deli.

Costco's. Hmmm, they would go really well sliced and fried with scrambled eggs in the morning. Just a thought.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 26th, 2011, 12:48 pm

I'm bringing my dad and a facebook friend that I've never met in real life. They are coming down from the DC area for the football game. I'm picking her up on my way to the tailgate (while her mom and sister sleep in) so she can go prowl around for autographs.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 26th, 2011, 7:03 pm

We will total 6 and will bring a large fruit salad.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » October 26th, 2011, 9:25 pm

So far we are 2 for brunchgate. A lot of cheer parents are coming to the game and I have invited them to tailgate, but have not heard back from anyone yet. I will update my posting if anyone decides to come and they will probably put $$ in the bucket. I am not sure if we will make it to tailgate round 2 because we have a cheer family reception after the football game. If we come we probably won't eat much.

I am going to bring an egg and cheese strata and this time it should get there early so people can have it for breakfast. Rachel's car ended up needing a new alternator, which is what delayed my arrival last week. The only positive about her car not working is that it happened while we were there to deal with it for her. I'll also bring chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip biscotti that I baked this week.

Does anyone want to bring bread (rye and whole wheat) and mustard for the pastrami and corned beef?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2011, 9:38 pm

I'll get a couple of loaves of rye bread - one with seeds and one without. We already have a bottle of French's yellow mustard (but not deli mustard, if anyone wants that). Some slaw might be good.

CheerDevil
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by CheerDevil » October 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Chris and I will both be attending again this week. Get to devote the entire weekend to being Katie's mom and dad for parents weekend. First time we have been able to do this in her Duke career. Bringing grapes and cheese tray - easy for before or after game.
August West

Post by August West » October 27th, 2011, 11:59 am

August West. Party of one. Looking forward to seeing all these new faces. Maybe we can have some fresh gobbler after the game! :D
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » October 27th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Looks like I'll be a party of one this week. I'll bring bagels and malted barley beverages.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 27th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Updating my attendance a little bit more.

CathyCA + 8

One of my sorority sisters informed me that she and her husband are going to join us for the Tailgate, rather than do the Parents Weekend tent thing since their daughter is in the band. So, welcome Cathy and Jeff to TBCC.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 27th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Lawgrad, party of 2. Bringing dead Presidents. Leaving at halftime for Halloween celebration at church.
Iron Duke #1471997.
duke2narow

Post by duke2narow » October 28th, 2011, 9:54 am

Will just be me tomorrow (Jeanne's in Florida for the w-e).

I'll bring a Pumpkin Pecan Crisp that can be eaten for either Brunchgate or Tailgate.

Lizz
Dog Adoption is my specialty
http://www.bfpa.org
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 28th, 2011, 10:13 am

Just me coming. One thing I'm bringing is cardboard to put on the mud at our tailgate. Hope we have enough. :duke: :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 28th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Unless someone closer to Durham wants to do it, I'm going to stop at Dunkin' Donuts and get a Box of Joe (hot coffee, at least hot when it leaves Smithfield ~8:45).

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 28th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Update to the lawgrad's attendance: stepdau and POSSLQ are coming to the hacienda for the weekend.

New number of lawgrads: zero.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » October 28th, 2011, 10:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Unless someone closer to Durham wants to do it, I'm going to stop at Dunkin' Donuts and get a Box of Joe (hot coffee, at least hot when it leaves Smithfield ~8:45).
Trivia time: why is coffee called Joe? It is named after Josephus Daniels, who was the asshole Admiral who outlawed spirits aboard U.S. Navy ships, leaving coffee as the strongest drink available. So the Sailors starting referring to a cup of coffee as a cup of Joe.

It was my pleasure to enlighten you. :-BD
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 28th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Bob Green wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Unless someone closer to Durham wants to do it, I'm going to stop at Dunkin' Donuts and get a Box of Joe (hot coffee, at least hot when it leaves Smithfield ~8:45).
Trivia time: why is coffee called Joe? It is named after Josephus Daniels, who was the asshole Admiral who outlawed spirits aboard U.S. Navy ships, leaving coffee as the strongest drink available. So the Sailors starting referring to a cup of coffee as a cup of Joe.

I did not know that! Thanks for that bit of knowledge. If I ever get on Jeopardy, I am sure it will come in handy! B-)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 28th, 2011, 10:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Update to the lawgrad's attendance: stepdau and POSSLQ are coming to the hacienda for the weekend.

New number of lawgrads: zero.

POSSLQ?

I can figure out part of it but not sure I really want to know the rest...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 28th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Bob Green wrote:

:clap: ^:)^

If you post that OY, there will be sporks for you (if I am allowed :ymblushing: ).