Party With Bostondevil

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Party With Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 12th, 2011, 12:30 pm

For those of you who are still speaking to this prodigal poster, I'll be in Durham on October 29th for a special Halloween screening of 'Lights Out, Rowan'. I'm flying in on Saturday morning for the screening at 7pm that night. It's Virgina Tech weekend. I'm hoping for an afternoon game so that all of you can make your way over to the Arts Center Carrboro by 7pm for the movie.

Now is it worth trying to get tickets? I'm bringing Tommy and Ronnie. Ronnie wants to go so he can maybe see Matt Daniels. Matt plays a small role in the movie and Ronnie has become his biggest fan. He runs around the house shouting Matt's line - "Practice is over - to the gym!"
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Party With Bostondevil

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Yes, you need to get tix for the game! Many folks here have extras. If you let Matt Daniels know you will be in town, you might be able to convince him to stop by the CTN/TBCC tent for an autograph for you and your boy/s. :D :happy-bouncyblue:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 12th, 2011, 6:56 pm

BD, we have game tickets available (4) that include the tailgate (no other food or monetary contribution required to attend). Face value on all game tickets is $45 each for VT, but, with the blessing of our group, I'll work you a good deal on the package. Do you need 3 or 4 tickets?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 12th, 2011, 7:56 pm

Is anyone going to party like it's 1999?
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 12th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Dangit! I'll be in DC that weekend. I am so sorry I'm going to miss you guys.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 12th, 2011, 9:49 pm

I also will not be in town.The church in the mountains of Va. where Bud was born and raised, make apple butter that weekend. it's their main fun raiser for the year. We still have the family home there and love to go then to participate. Sorry I'll miss you BD.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 12th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Even though there's no change I'd be making it to the game that weekend, I'm still sorry to be missing BD's appearance, and the screening of "Lights Out, Rowan." :)
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 13th, 2011, 12:34 am

Has the game time been set? We're landing a little before 1pm. If it's a noon game, we could maybe make the second half. If it's 3pm, we're probably good although I need to be in Carrboro by 6:30pm. I was hoping for a 2pm game! According to BD's brother, those don't happen anymore. Stupid TV schedules.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 13th, 2011, 10:09 am

Bostondevil wrote:Has the game time been set? We're landing a little before 1pm. If it's a noon game, we could maybe make the second half. If it's 3pm, we're probably good although I need to be in Carrboro by 6:30pm. I was hoping for a 2pm game! According to BD's brother, those don't happen anymore. Stupid TV schedules.
Game time should be set next Monday, 12 days before game day. Wait a minute, we're still waiting for the start time for the start time for the Wake game on the 23rd, which is DD's daughter #1's wedding @ 5pm. I just called the Iron Duke office and they told me it could be as late as NEXT Monday, the same day I just said we should know for the FSU game, before we/they will know what time the Wake game will start. Damn TV.

Can you get an earlier flight?

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 13th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Matt Daniel's is "questionable" for this game with a leg injury. I would assume he would be healthy in two weeks as long as he doesn't get hurt again.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 19th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Well, 12:30pm start. Son Tommy does not want to come to the game. Son Ronnie has his heart set on meeting Matt Daniels. With a 12:50 scheduled landing, if all goes well, I think the second half is doable. But it looks like I won't be making a Brunchgate. Bummer. Is there a hangout place for post game celebrations?

Who is coming to Carrboro? (I think plans have changed to make it a free ticket but we still really need an audience.)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 19th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Well, 12:30pm start. Son Tommy does not want to come to the game. Son Ronnie has his heart set on meeting Matt Daniels. With a 12:50 scheduled landing, if all goes well, I think the second half is doable. But it looks like I won't be making a Brunchgate. Bummer. Is there a hangout place for post game celebrations?

Who is coming to Carrboro? (I think plans have changed to make it a free ticket but we still really need an audience.)
I'm coming to the movie, and I'm pretty sure Knights68 will coming with me.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 20th, 2011, 12:05 am

BD, there should be more tailgate after the game - there always is! Plus, there is a basketball (exhibition) game (vs. Bellarmine) at 7 pm so several of us will be going to that from the post game tailgate. I don't think going to a little bit of the show and coming back to Cameron would work out too well.