Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Gbinije Looks to Make a Name for Himself

Post by Jesus_hurley » August 5th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Article and video on Mike Gbinijie on GoDuke.com:
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... EM_ID=4200
Duke incoming freshman Michael Gbinije (Ben-i-jhay) has been called everything from Ga-bin-jee to Jumanji, but his Blue Devil teammates came up with a fitting nickname almost immediately upon his arrival on campus. Teammates have given the ultra-athletic wing from Virginia the moniker Silent G, in tribute to his soft-spoken nature off the court as well as the phonetic spelling of his last name.
duketaylor
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Re: Gbinije Looks to Make a Name for Himself

Post by duketaylor » August 6th, 2011, 12:30 am

That is Toonses driving, is it not? I've seen Gbinije play three times and I'm impressed with his improvement and he continues to grow. Last report he was pushing 6'8". Athletic and a very quick jumper.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 9th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Article and video on Mike Gbinijie on GoDuke.com:
Duke incoming freshman Michael Gbinije (Ben-i-jhay) has been called everything from Ga-bin-jee to Jumanji, but his Blue Devil teammates came up with a fitting nickname almost immediately upon his arrival on campus. Teammates have given the ultra-athletic wing from Virginia the moniker Silent G, in tribute to his soft-spoken nature off the court as well as the phonetic spelling of his last name.
Very Duke Blue became his adopted grandmother at the last tailgate :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 9th, 2011, 2:04 pm

DukePA wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:Article and video on Mike Gbinijie on GoDuke.com:
Very Duke Blue became his adopted grandmother at the last tailgate :)
Michael high school and the hs I graduated from are now big revals. That was a surprise to me. I ask him how that happened. His reply was "they are the best schools". My school was a power house in football and very good in basketball. I guess they still are. I must start following both schools. I think Michael was glad to talk to someone who knows the Richmond area. He kissed me on the cheek when he left. :) He's a great kid. I love our team. :ymhug: