Weather so WACK it deserves its own thread.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Weather so WACK it deserves its own thread.

Post by EarlJam » April 27th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Damn, I almost feel we need to all get in the chat room just for the weather. Unreal.

Hang on everyone!!!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: Weather so WHACK it deserves it's own Thread.

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 27th, 2011, 11:13 pm

North Carolina is still trying to dig its way out from the tornados, 1.5 weeks ago. And now all the other tornados and storms have hit Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama.

It is April, and I never recall having storms this early, or all in the southern states.

God bless the families and the communities. From the local news. www.wral.com Alabama and the University has taken a major hit.

And the crawl on the local channels, is about warnings of tornados. And the system, that hit Alabama, is heading to North Carolina.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 27th, 2011, 11:46 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:North Carolina is still trying to dig its way out from the tornados, 1.5 weeks ago. And now all the other tornados and storms have hit Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama.

It is April, and I never recall having storms this early, or all in the southern states.

God bless the families and the communities. From the local news. http://www.wral.com Alabama and the University has taken a major hit.

And the crawl on the local channels, is about warnings of tornados. And the system, that hit Alabama, is heading to North Carolina.
Wow. Didn't realize they hit the U of Alabama so hard. We are getting the storms in Atlanta as I type, but the storms have come in at the most optimum time for us, as the air has cooled considerably. The storms appear to be weakening some as a result. N.C. could get the storms in the afternoon, like Alabama, in the heat of day. Here's to sending vibes that a repeat of 1.5 weeks ago will NOT happen.

-EarlJam
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2011, 8:56 am

How soon before the grammar police/moderators alter the title of this thread? :- :- :- :- :-
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 28th, 2011, 9:40 am

Vibes and prayers for my old school friend Ann's niece and her husband, Stephanie and Chad, in Alabama. Their house was destroyed and they were both hurt pretty badly. Chad is in ICU. Stephanie has a crushed foot. She is pregnant, which complicates matters. Fortunately the baby has a heartbeat still, so hopefully the little tyke will be all right.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2011, 9:47 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Vibes and prayers for my old school friend Ann's niece and her husband, Stephanie and Chad, in Alabama. Their house was destroyed and they were both hurt pretty badly. Chad is in ICU. Stephanie has a crushed foot. She is pregnant, which complicates matters. Fortunately the baby has a heartbeat still, so hopefully the little tyke will be all right.
Prayers and vibes. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2011, 9:48 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Vibes and prayers for my old school friend Ann's niece and her husband, Stephanie and Chad, in Alabama. Their house was destroyed and they were both hurt pretty badly. Chad is in ICU. Stephanie has a crushed foot. She is pregnant, which complicates matters. Fortunately the baby has a heartbeat still, so hopefully the little tyke will be all right.
Oh my goodness! I will remember Stephanie and Chad and their baby in my prayers.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2011, 9:50 am

Lavabe wrote:How soon before the grammar police/moderators alter the title of this thread? :- :- :- :- :-
The grammarians around here know, that SOME people on this board have their Own Style. Its no BIG-EEE deal. 8-| 8-|

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
fordgrl00
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by fordgrl00 » April 28th, 2011, 10:12 am

It's a flood here today. I am wearing heels and a skirt to work,along with a dressy shirt of course, becuase I have a funeral to attend in a little while. Of course I go to look in my desk drawer and my umbrealla is not in there. Here's hoping it stops soon so I am not soaked when I leave.

Be safe everyone!
~Shelly
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: Weather so WACK it deserves it's own Thread.

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 28th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Tornado warnings in several counties throughout NC, for this afternoon.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Um, nice try, Moderator. You still didn't fix the most glaring error in the thread's title.

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 28th, 2011, 3:08 pm

CathyCA wrote:Um, nice try, Moderator. You still didn't fix the most glaring error in the thread's title.

There. Ya happy now? I was distracted, I suppose, by the all caps. I'm actually pretty embarrassed that I didn't catch the apostrophe error.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2011, 3:21 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Um, nice try, Moderator. You still didn't fix the most glaring error in the thread's title.

There. Ya happy now? I was distracted, I suppose, by the all caps. I'm actually pretty embarrassed that I didn't catch the apostrophe error.
Thank you. I'm mostly happy now. I'm not convinced that "Thread" should be capitalized since it is not a proper noun. Some would argue that it should be capitalized. I'm certain that "WACK" is CFE (capitalized for emphasis).

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 28th, 2011, 3:24 pm

CathyCA wrote:Thank you. I'm mostly happy now. I'm not convinced that "Thread" should be capitalized since it is not a proper noun. Some would argue that it should be capitalized. I'm certain that "WACK" is CFE (capitalized for emphasis).

Yeah, I wasn't saying I had a problem with the all-caps, just that it drew my attention from the other error. As far as capitalizing "Thread," it probably shouldn't be so, since none of the other words are capitalized. If EarlJam had capitalized the whole thing, it would make more sense. I'm about to fix that too.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Weather so WACK it deserves its own thread.

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2011, 4:55 pm

But now that you have fixed "its" you need to go and fix "it's" in all the replies above so they are correct too! :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 28th, 2011, 5:01 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Thank you. I'm mostly happy now. I'm not convinced that "Thread" should be capitalized since it is not a proper noun. Some would argue that it should be capitalized. I'm certain that "WACK" is CFE (capitalized for emphasis).

Yeah, I wasn't saying I had a problem with the all-caps, just that it drew my attention from the other error. As far as capitalizing "Thread," it probably shouldn't be so, since none of the other words are capitalized. If EarlJam had capitalized the whole thing, it would make more sense. I'm about to fix that too.
Well English is really a Germanic language at root, so let's "take back" capitalizing all nouns, not just proper nouns.
-- DukeUsul
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 28th, 2011, 5:02 pm

UPDATE: An ultrasound showed that the baby is ok. Husband is still in ICU but seems a little better.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Weather so WACK it deserves its own Thread.

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2011, 5:12 pm

wilson wrote:

And now I've edited the reply subject "it's" so we don't have to have it appear in each reply. :-B
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Weather so WACK it deserves its own thread.

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2011, 5:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:But now that you have fixed "its" you need to go and fix "it's" in all the replies above so they are correct too! :ymdevil:
Great minds think alike!! :D ;)
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 28th, 2011, 5:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
UPDATE: An ultrasound showed that the baby is ok. Husband is still in ICU but seems a little better.
Oh wow. Sorry to hear about this but the update makes things much better!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( :wizard: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for all of them!

-EarlJam