Windows Updater Question

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Windows Updater Question

Post by colchar » March 11th, 2011, 11:59 am

I have Windows Updater turned off on my desktop as I am not a fan of the feature. However, it seems to keep turning itself back on and I cannot figure out how, or why, it is doing this.

I went into 'services' and turned it off yesterday but a few hours later it was on again. And then this morning the same thing happened (I leave my desktop on all the time so it is not turning back on when restarting the computer).

Does anyone know why this might be happening or how I might be able to prevent this from happening? If it matters, I am running Windows 7.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Windows Updater Question

Post by indoor66 » March 11th, 2011, 5:10 pm

colchar wrote:I have Windows Updater turned off on my desktop as I am not a fan of the feature. However, it seems to keep turning itself back on and I cannot figure out how, or why, it is doing this.

I went into 'services' and turned it off yesterday but a few hours later it was on again. And then this morning the same thing happened (I leave my desktop on all the time so it is not turning back on when restarting the computer).

Does anyone know why this might be happening or how I might be able to prevent this from happening? If it matters, I am running Windows 7.
I believe that is a Canadian problem. :)) :(( L-)
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » March 14th, 2011, 8:59 am

colchar wrote:I have Windows Updater turned off on my desktop as I am not a fan of the feature. However, it seems to keep turning itself back on and I cannot figure out how, or why, it is doing this.

How are you turning it off? Are you just stopping the service or have you disabled it completely?
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 14th, 2011, 12:04 pm

Miles wrote:

How are you turning it off? Are you just stopping the service or have you disabled it completely?

Just stopping the service.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------