Big Changes

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Big Changes

Post by DukeUsul » March 4th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Big changes are coming for our family. My wife just accepted a job offer at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. She's starting there in May. We'll be moving back to where we grew up, right across the river in Southern New Jersey. We've been debating this for a while, looking to let Katie grow up much closer to where most of our family is. This job opportunity came out of nowhere and it's the perfect one for my wife. I've talked to my management and they're going to let me become a full time tele-worker.

We'll be up in Jersey by May. Then a new baby in July. It'll be a crazy year.

We haven't announced this to the whole world, so this news doesn't go on Facebook yet.
-- DukeUsul
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Big Changes

Post by captmojo » March 4th, 2011, 10:45 pm

If this is a change you welcome and have been wishing for, may God bless you and your family in the decision. I hope you will be very happy. You never get too far away from those here.
:9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 4th, 2011, 10:57 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Big changes are coming for our family. My wife just accepted a job offer at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. She's starting there in May. We'll be moving back to where we grew up, right across the river in Southern New Jersey. We've been debating this for a while, looking to let Katie grow up much closer to where most of our family is. This job opportunity came out of nowhere and it's the perfect one for my wife. I've talked to my management and they're going to let me become a full time tele-worker.

We haven't announced this to the whole world, so this news doesn't go on Facebook yet.
Sounds like toetally the right move toe make. Congrats toe you and your family and toens of luck and best wishes. Let me know if you ever need another painting stored and then delivered. I love cheese steaks and pork sammiches :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » March 4th, 2011, 11:00 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Big changes are coming for our family. My wife just accepted a job offer at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. She's starting there in May. We'll be moving back to where we grew up, right across the river in Southern New Jersey. We've been debating this for a while, looking to let Katie grow up much closer to where most of our family is. This job opportunity came out of nowhere and it's the perfect one for my wife. I've talked to my management and they're going to let me become a full time tele-worker.

Sounds like toetally the right move toe make. Congrats toe you and your family and toens of luck and best wishes. Let me know if you ever need another painting stored and then delivered. I love cheese steaks and pork sammiches :D .
Mmmm Taylor pork roll.
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » March 4th, 2011, 11:00 pm

captmojo wrote:If this is a change you welcome and have been wishing for, may God bless you and your family in the decision. I hope you will be very happy. You never get too far away from those here.
It is. A lot of things I'll miss about North Carolina, but i'll be wonderful to spend more time with my family.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 4th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Wow! That is big news. Congratulations, I hope the transition is smooth. We'll miss you all at brunchgate.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 4th, 2011, 11:13 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Mmmm Taylor pork roll.
Heck, Taylor pork roll or roasted pork. I'll take one of each!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 4th, 2011, 11:18 pm

Congratulations! It will be good for all of you to be closer to your families. Congratulations to Lisa on the new job, and it's great that you can tele-commute. :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 4th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Congratulations and best of luck. Mahzel tov!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 4th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Congrats to both of you Dave, how very cool! Sounds like a perfect fit for you guys, and a great way to welcome your new addition. :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 5th, 2011, 12:49 am

So, I guess you'll be taking all current and future babies with you? Our loss for sure. You guys make such cute ones! As a grandmother who enjoys having her grandsons close, I can almost hear the cheers all the way up there in "Joisey"!!! Keep in touch.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 5th, 2011, 6:24 am

Moving back home to be near family and friends is a very good thing.

Congratulations!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » March 5th, 2011, 6:33 am

Congratulations to your wife on the new job and an exciting new chapter in your lives! I know your families are very glad to have you all closer. Don't forget to come back to visit.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
:duke:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 5th, 2011, 6:40 am

Sounds like a very positive move for you and your family. Contgratulations and moving vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 5th, 2011, 8:15 am

Congratulations. Sounds like the best plan for you and your family is happening. I'm wishing you all the best. :9f:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 5th, 2011, 9:11 am

Congrats to everyone and good luck. Sounds like perfect circumstances and perfect timing. :happy-bouncyblue:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 5th, 2011, 10:14 am

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » March 5th, 2011, 11:32 am

Congrats to your wife on her new job! And good timing on the move - I'm predicting that with #2 on the way, closer family assistance will be welcome.

Hopefully, you'll be able to time trips back to the NC work mothership around key games! :happy-bouncyblue:

:duke:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 5th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Congrats !!

Umm, be sure to register your NASCAR picks for moving week well in advance. :ymblushing: :D ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 5th, 2011, 4:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:Moving back home to be near family and friends is a very good thing.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!! I whole heartedly agree with Cathy. I moved home in 2003 and have never regretted the decision :9f: :9f: :9f: . I love being close to my family.