GO TO HELL CAROLINA

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 3rd, 2011, 12:33 pm

Cause it's never to early to start :D

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: GO TO HELL CAROLINA

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 3rd, 2011, 12:50 pm

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » March 4th, 2011, 11:22 am

What they said...

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 4th, 2011, 2:06 pm

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » March 4th, 2011, 2:53 pm

RIP EM UP, TEAR EM UP, GIVE EM HELL DUKE!!!
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » March 4th, 2011, 3:17 pm

On the surface, the game will be Duke's superior perimeter versus Carolina's inside strength. We need to make our 3-pointers, limit transition opportunities, and hit the defensive boards hard to prevent second chance points. Carolina will look to force an uptempo game by running at every opportunity and when forced into their half court offense they will look to pound the ball inside to Zeller and Henson.

Taking a look at the probable starting line-ups and the match-ups:

SF: Singler vs. Barnes - Singler shutdown Barnes in the first match-up and he needs to do it again. Advantage Duke.
PG: Smith vs. Marshall - we cannot allow Marshall to drive and dump the ball to Zeller and Henson so Smith needs to demonstrate to the world why he is the ACC POY by shutting down Marshall one on one. Advantage Duke.
C: Kelly vs. Zeller - Zeller is Carolina's best player so we will not stop him. Advantage Carolina.
PF: Mason vs. Henson - Mason has been playing great lately and needs to be a rebounding monster on both ends of the court. This match-up is a push.
SG: Curry vs. Strickland - Strickland is fast but he can't shoot. Curry has deceptively quick hands and can shoot lights out. Advantage Duke.

So, what are the X Factors?

1. The Bench - Carolina needs McDonald to hit big shots as inconsistent perimeter shooting continues to be their Achilles Heel. When McDonald is on the floor we must execute our defense of the 3-point line. This is a Duke strength. Duke needs a strong game from Miles Plumlee. Zeller can be intimidated with physical play so we need Miles to come into the game and body up on Zeller. On the perimeter, we must make our 3-pointers in order to apply pressure on Carolina to respond. Therefore, Andre Dawkins needs to play a good game and knock down two or three long range bombs.
2. Foul Trouble - Smith and Singler are vital for Duke, while Zeller and Marshall are vital for Carolina. I believe Duke can weather foul trouble better than Carolina as we have guys who can step up. Curry and Thornton can handle the ball and Curry and Dawkins can score the ball. For Carolina, if Marshall has to sit, Strickland is very shaky running the point. If Zeller (and his beautiful hook shot) is in foul trouble, Carolina's interior scoring takes a hit. Henson is inconsistent.

I predict a Duke victory with a final score of 75-68. Yes, we will beat Carolina in the Dean Smith Center by a larger margin (7 points) than we beat them in Cameron Indoor Stadium (6 points).

Oh, and by the way, GO TO HELL CAROLINA!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 4th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Bob Green wrote:On the surface, the game will be Duke's superior perimeter versus Carolina's inside strength. We need to make our 3-pointers, limit transition opportunities, and hit the defensive boards hard to prevent second chance points. Carolina will look to force an uptempo game by running at every opportunity and when forced into their half court offense they will look to pound the ball inside to Zeller and Henson.

Taking a look at the probable starting line-ups and the match-ups:

SF: Singler vs. Barnes - Singler shutdown Barnes in the first match-up and he needs to do it again. Advantage Duke.
PG: Smith vs. Marshall - we cannot allow Marshall to drive and dump the ball to Zeller and Henson so Smith needs to demonstrate to the world why he is the ACC POY by shutting down Marshall one on one. Advantage Duke.
C: Kelly vs. Zeller - Zeller is Carolina's best player so we will not stop him. Advantage Carolina.
PF: Mason vs. Henson - Mason has been playing great lately and needs to be a rebounding monster on both ends of the court. This match-up is a push.
SG: Curry vs. Strickland - Strickland is fast but he can't shoot. Curry has deceptively quick hands and can shoot lights out. Advantage Duke.

So, what are the X Factors?

1. The Bench - Carolina needs McDonald to hit big shots as inconsistent perimeter shooting continues to be their Achilles Heel. When McDonald is on the floor we must execute our defense of the 3-point line. This is a Duke strength. Duke needs a strong game from Miles Plumlee. Zeller can be intimidated with physical play so we need Miles to come into the game and body up on Zeller. On the perimeter, we must make our 3-pointers in order to apply pressure on Carolina to respond. Therefore, Andre Dawkins needs to play a good game and knock down two or three long range bombs.
2. Foul Trouble - Smith and Singler are vital for Duke, while Zeller and Marshall are vital for Carolina. I believe Duke can weather foul trouble better than Carolina as we have guys who can step up. Curry and Thornton can handle the ball and Curry and Dawkins can score the ball. For Carolina, if Marshall has to sit, Strickland is very shaky running the point. If Zeller (and his beautiful hook shot) is in foul trouble, Carolina's interior scoring takes a hit. Henson is inconsistent.

I predict a Duke victory with a final score of 75-68. Yes, we will beat Carolina in the Dean Smith Center by a larger margin (7 points) than we beat them in Cameron Indoor Stadium (6 points).

Oh, and by the way, GO TO HELL CAROLINA!
Good analysis, Bob. I'll predict Nolan, Kyle and/or Mason will pick up a couple 1st half fouls and be less effective defensively. Marshall and Zeller will be nearly invisible to the stripes and the evil ones will win, 79-70. Hell, it's for the acc regular season unbalanced schedule champeenship so there's no way Duke wins at the dump. Swofford has guaranteed it through dexter strickland.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 4th, 2011, 7:51 pm

As long as Duke can defensively keep the ball forced out on the perimeter, stay out of foul trouble and prevent the holes from running out on fast break lay ups and dunks, victory will be in hand. The margin previously stated sounds good.
:9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 5th, 2011, 7:15 am

GO STRAIGHT TO HELL holes!!!!!!!!!

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 5th, 2011, 8:10 am

Hey! With Ozzie "On Holiday" OY, who starts today's status check for them? I'm too lazy to go over and find out...

carolina, GO STRAIGHT TO HELL. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 5th, 2011, 8:44 am

GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!! :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 5th, 2011, 9:56 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Hey! With Ozzie "On Holiday" OY, who starts today's status check for them? I'm too lazy to go over and find out...

He started it right after the Clemson game, several hours before he was :banned: :banned: . BTW, I talked to our resident reprobate last PM and he seemed to be in pretty good spirits (and he assured me he would be in even better spirits after he had his NY strip and the last 2 bottles of the 6er I gave him a couple weeks ago). He informed me he would be paroled about 11 AM today =)) =)) .
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 5th, 2011, 10:29 am

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Hey! With Ozzie "On Holiday" OY, who starts today's status check for them? I'm too lazy to go over and find out...

He started it right after the Clemson game, several hours before he was :banned: :banned: . BTW, I talked to our resident reprobate last PM and he seemed to be in pretty good spirits (and he assured me he would be in even better spirits after he had his NY strip and the last 2 bottles of the 6er I gave him a couple weeks ago). He informed me he would be paroled about 11 AM today =)) =)) .
No true Duke fan should be banned the week of the carowhina game OY. There aren't many of us; we need to hang together, or as one of the Founding Fathers said, "most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » March 5th, 2011, 10:40 am

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... /team/duke

Vegas has the game as a Pick'em with the over/under at 151. So Duke 76, Carolina 75 would hit that number. Sticking with my 75-68 prediction, I'll take the under. Ken Pomeroy gives Duke a 56% chance to win and predicts a 75-74 final score.
robertduke32

Post by robertduke32 » March 5th, 2011, 11:34 am

GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!!!!

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
pamtar
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by pamtar » March 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Great assessment Bob. Above all else, I think the key is gonna be our perimeter game. If we shoot 40% from 3 then its in the bag. Anything under that and we're gonna need a great game from one of our bigs to win. I love it when we go into Hell and totally take the wind out of them early. I don't think they have matured enough to deal with a substantial deficit - especially to Duke. I'm ready to watch us beat them to the ground!!!!

:9f: :9f: :9f:
Used to PW, got the forum VD, now no one cares what I type...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 5th, 2011, 12:31 pm

pamtar wrote:Great assessment Bob. Above all else, I think the key is gonna be our perimeter game. If we shoot 40% from 3 then its in the bag. Anything under that and we're gonna need a great game from one of our bigs to win. I love it when we go into Hell and totally take the wind out of them early. I don't think they have matured enough to deal with a substantial deficit - especially to Duke. I'm ready to watch us beat them to the ground!!!!

I too think this is pretty good analysis. With apologies for being a wet blanket, though, nothing I've seen from this team of late leads me to believe that we're gonna shoot 40% from behind the arc, especially in the dean dome. I think we're in for an all-out war tonight, up there with the classics...the way it should be.
pamtar

Post by pamtar » March 5th, 2011, 1:20 pm

wilson wrote:
pamtar wrote:Great assessment Bob. Above all else, I think the key is gonna be our perimeter game. If we shoot 40% from 3 then its in the bag. Anything under that and we're gonna need a great game from one of our bigs to win. I love it when we go into Hell and totally take the wind out of them early. I don't think they have matured enough to deal with a substantial deficit - especially to Duke. I'm ready to watch us beat them to the ground!!!!

I too think this is pretty good analysis. With apologies for being a wet blanket, though, nothing I've seen from this team of late leads me to believe that we're gonna shoot 40% from behind the arc, especially in the dean dome. I think we're in for an all-out war tonight, up there with the classics...the way it should be.
No need to apologize. I too feel that 40% is a stretch. Its a good number to shoot for though and is certainly possible. As long as we don't force shots and take smart ones I think we'll be fine...

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Used to PW, got the forum VD, now no one cares what I type...
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm

How about an overall average of 50-55%....that's combined FG%? 60% should be a winner for sure.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 5th, 2011, 7:04 pm

I can't stop pacing. About time for my medication.