Thank you Nolan and Kyle!!!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Thank you Nolan and Kyle!!!

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 2nd, 2011, 8:08 pm

Check out this awesome quote from K.
"Kyle is all about winning — that's why he'll wind up being one of the top two or three kids in the history of our program and in the history of the NCAA," Krzyzewski said recently. "He'll be one of the top four or five players to ever play here, as far as the credentials. When you win a national championship during your four years, you already set yourself apart."

Krzyzewski calls Smith "one of the most unusual great players we've had" because he was only occasionally in the starting lineup during his first two seasons. Smith was a change-of-pace reserve behind Greg Paulus and Jon Scheyer, starting only once as a freshman and 21 times as a sophomore before blossoming last year during the Blue Devils' title run.

"I can't really think of anybody like that in our history," Krzyzewski said. "Laettner was always good. Johnny (Dawkins) was always good. (J.J.) Redick, I mean, really good. ... Nolan's ascent to being one of the top players to play in a Duke uniform has been kind of unusual and really remarkable."
If K calls you "one of the top two or three kids in the history of our program"....then you are going in the rafters. I hope Nolan is up there too.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college_ba ... y/9196874/
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Thank you Nolan and Kyle!!!

Post by bjornolf » March 3rd, 2011, 2:16 am

Thanks for the quotes. I sincerely hope both of them find their way up there. They both deserve it.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 3rd, 2011, 10:23 am

The following quote, from last night's postgame, is one of my favorite Coach K quotes ever, which is saying a lot.

“Kyle had a sense of urgency to keep the ball alive. He’s always done that. People ask ‘What position does he play?’ He plays winner.”
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 4th, 2011, 5:58 am

4 years of pleasure from these Seniors have been marvelous! Thanks for giving something special to watch and best wishes for your futures. :9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » March 4th, 2011, 2:57 pm

did anyone see Coach K throw down the chair? twas amazing!!! im really gonna miss those guys, i havent bought a jersey since grant hill, but i was sure to get #12 before the season started this year. maybe both of the great seniors will be immortalized in Cameron. thanks again guys!

http://deadspin.com/#!5775568/watch-coa ... ow-a-chair
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.