Do you Have any Current Outstanding Warrants?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Do You Have Current Outstanding Warrants?

1. Yes
No votes
2. No
75%
3. Uncertain
13%
4. I plead the 5th
13%

Total votes: 8
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Do you Have any Current Outstanding Warrants?

Post by EarlJam » February 28th, 2011, 11:54 am

DO YOU!?
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Do you Have any Current Outstanding Warrants?

Post by lawgrad91 » February 28th, 2011, 1:19 pm

My criminal history does list an arrest for someone who shares my middle and last names, with a date of birth exactly one year after mine. Her crime? Disorderly conduct, Chapel Hell, NC, 12/31/1990.

It also says she's 5'1" and 115. =)) =)) =)) =))
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 1st, 2011, 4:54 am

No. But, I can say that it's maybe not due to the point that I might deserve something. :ymblushing:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 1st, 2011, 3:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My criminal history does list an arrest for someone who shares my middle and last names, with a date of birth exactly one year after mine. Her crime? Disorderly conduct, Chapel Hell, NC, 12/31/1990.

Yesterday I totally forgot that I was handed a ticket the day of my car accident for expired registration. Not sure what the court date or deadline date for payment is. I need to call them today. But if I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, just didn't pay it, would they issue a warrent? Could I go to jail for that? What if I murdered somebody?

-EarlJam
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 1st, 2011, 3:31 pm

EarlJam wrote:Yesterday I totally forgot that I was handed a ticket the day of my car accident for expired registration. Not sure what the court date or deadline date for payment is. I need to call them today. But if I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, just didn't pay it, would they issue a warrent? Could I go to jail for that? What if I murdered somebody?

-EarlJam
I have a couple of unpaid Dekalb County parking tickets. I will pay them if/when they come looking for me. Last summer, I had to go to Dekalb County traffic court, where I paid a traffic ticket. I sort of expected them to figure out while I was there that I also owed them for parking tickets. My feeling is, if I was in the lion's den, with cash in my pocket, and they failed to figure out that I owed them additional money, they can kiss my ass and come find me.

And all you lawyers out there, I fully expect you to chide me (as you probably should). That said, I'm still not gonna pay the tickets until they threaten (which I suspect they will eventually...hopefully after I secure gainful employment).
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 1st, 2011, 3:34 pm

No outstanding warrants anymore, I'm posting from my jail cell.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 1st, 2011, 4:01 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:No outstanding warrants anymore, I'm posting from my jail cell.
None of my warrants are outstanding either.
They're all just pretty average.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 1st, 2011, 4:19 pm

wilson wrote:
EarlJam wrote:Yesterday I totally forgot that I was handed a ticket the day of my car accident for expired registration. Not sure what the court date or deadline date for payment is. I need to call them today. But if I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, just didn't pay it, would they issue a warrent? Could I go to jail for that? What if I murdered somebody?

-EarlJam
I have a couple of unpaid Dekalb County parking tickets. I will pay them if/when they come looking for me. Last summer, I had to go to Dekalb County traffic court, where I paid a traffic ticket. I sort of expected them to figure out while I was there that I also owed them for parking tickets. My feeling is, if I was in the lion's den, with cash in my pocket, and they failed to figure out that I owed them additional money, they can kiss my ass and come find me.

And all you lawyers out there, I fully expect you to chide me (as you probably should). That said, I'm still not gonna pay the tickets until they threaten (which I suspect they will eventually...hopefully after I secure gainful employment).
:happy-bouncyblue: =)) =)) =)) :happy-bouncyblue:

:ymapplause:

-EarlJam
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 1st, 2011, 4:47 pm

EarlJam wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:My criminal history does list an arrest for someone who shares my middle and last names, with a date of birth exactly one year after mine. Her crime? Disorderly conduct, Chapel Hell, NC, 12/31/1990.

Yesterday I totally forgot that I was handed a ticket the day of my car accident for expired registration. Not sure what the court date or deadline date for payment is. I need to call them today. But if I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, just didn't pay it, would they issue a warrent? Could I go to jail for that? What if I murdered somebody?

-EarlJam
In Virginia, if you get a ticket and don't pay by the court date and don't show up for court, they convict you in your absence and send a bill to the address on the citation. If you don't pay by a certain date, they suspend your license. It is an absolute pain in the rear end in VA to get a license back after it's suspended (reinstatement fee is $500+, as well as payment of the original ticket and court costs). If you're caught driving on a suspended license, you could go to jail. (If you're caught the second time, you WILL go to jail.)

Not sure about Georgia, but it's probably similar.

Parking tickets are a horse of a different color entirely. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 1st, 2011, 7:44 pm

Essentially, what LG91 said about VA applies in NC. I'm not sure about the amount of the reinstatement fees and costs, but I am sure of the amount of the attorney fees you'd pay.

Parking tickets aren't even handled by the criminal court. They're civil matters, handled through City Hall.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 1st, 2011, 9:16 pm

CathyCA wrote: Parking tickets aren't even handled by the criminal court. They're civil matters, handled through City Hall.
If you are a super hero, like Superman, Batman, or EarlJam, all parking tickets are handled at the Hall of Justice.

-Earl, "Jam" if you're nasty.