Duke/Temple Feb 23 Wed nt

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Duke/Temple Feb 23 Wed nt

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 21st, 2011, 9:50 am

In search of One ( 1 ) ticket for the Temple Game on Wednesday evening. If you have more, let me know, so many friends want to attend a game also.

And as always,
Go Duke! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Re: Duke/Temple Feb 23 Wed nt

Post by dukediv2012 » February 23rd, 2011, 10:35 am

I am also in need of ONE ticket for Temple. Tonight is my fiance's cheerleading "Senior Night" at Cameron and I would love to surprise her with my presence!
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 23rd, 2011, 6:43 pm

Mike Eric and Scootie Randall are not supposed to play tonight. Eric apparently fractured his patella. Not sure the story on Scootie.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2011, 9:22 pm

K Y L E :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 23rd, 2011, 11:01 pm

The boys looked good tonight. I watched the game here in DC with one of my favorite teachers from high school (who, incidentally, attended the University of North Carolina). I hadn't seen him in over a decade, although we have done a decent job of keeping up via the Facebook. It was fun. :happy-bouncyblue:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 23rd, 2011, 11:22 pm

Really solid games for Ryan, Seth and Mason. Rough game for Nolan. Nice to see Kyle have an outstanding game. I think Dunphy was quoted as saying their plan was to take Nolan outta the/his game. Well, it worked but it was wonderful to see the real Kyle Singler again. Hope Andre is tired of MilkBones. His 2nd 3 was damn near from the Coach K court logo.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 23rd, 2011, 11:25 pm

devildeac wrote:Hope Andre is tired of MilkBones.
:)) :ymapplause:
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » February 24th, 2011, 9:15 am

wilson wrote:The boys looked good tonight.
This simple sentence packs a powerful message. Our supporting cast played great. There is no doubt Smith and Singler are the team's Super Stars but in order to be successful we need solid play from the other five or six players who see significant minutes. For example, Mason Plumlee grabbing 13 rebounds, Ryan Kelly with 8 points and seven rebounds, Tyler Thornton scoring six vital points in a low scoring 1st half, and Seth and Andre knocking down huge 3-pointers.

How many free throws has TT hit in a row? I believe it is 14. He has made 24 of 29 this season and last missed against Wake Forest.

Temple: 2/2
Georgia Tech: 4/4
Miami: 6/6
St. John's: 1/1
Wake Forest: 1/2
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » February 24th, 2011, 9:47 am

Excellent effort last night. Yes Nolan had an *off night* but his off night is still a good performance this year.

Hopefully, Kyle will use this performance as a springboard for the remainder of the season. He really looked confident last night and his body language was much better. Just a great game for him!!

Bob Knight made a comment about Dawkins' "Carolina Blue" shoes on the broadcast...quite funny. =))

:9f: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 24th, 2011, 9:59 am

I was pleased with our performance, for the most part. (Miles, quit committing multiple fouls in 15 seconds!) Nice to see Andre making the most of his time on the court. I tried to watch him on defense, and it seemed he was more active. I like Tyler's progress and grittiness.

Next game. Bring football helmets and shoulder pads. What VT lacks in talent and depth, they make up for in brutishness.
:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » February 24th, 2011, 10:05 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I was pleased with our performance, for the most part. (Miles, quit committing multiple fouls in 15 seconds!) Nice to see Andre making the most of his time on the court. I tried to watch him on defense, and it seemed he was more active. I like Tyler's progress and grittiness.

Next game. Bring football helmets and shoulder pads. What VT lacks in talent and depth, they make up for in brutishness.
Could we request that all players on both teams take and pass a written test (academic material at the college level, not rules of the game) in order to be eligible for the game Saturday night? :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 24th, 2011, 10:19 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I was pleased with our performance, for the most part. (Miles, quit committing multiple fouls in 15 seconds!) Nice to see Andre making the most of his time on the court. I tried to watch him on defense, and it seemed he was more active. I like Tyler's progress and grittiness.

Could we request that all players on both teams take and pass a written test (academic material at the college level, not rules of the game) in order to be eligible for the game Saturday night? :happy-bouncyblue:
I like that idea. I wonder how an Apparel, Housing, Resource Management/Consumer Studies major at VT (Malcolm Delaney) matches up with Visual Arts at Duke. (I think Kyle wins this one, hands down.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 24th, 2011, 10:32 am

Loved seeing Kyle being Kyle again. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.