Kyrie Shooting Around Jan28

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Kyrie Shooting Around Jan28

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 28th, 2011, 5:01 pm

After the BDC luncheon and speaker were finished today, I was watching the boys practice drills and do shoot around and practice. Kyrie entered the court, and was shooting the ball from different spots.... foul line, three point arc (all around it), taking half court heave shots..... but HE was out on the practice court (with the shoe boot cast thingy), but moving around, I thought very nicely and shooting the basketball. Kyrie and Nolan were doing the same drills. I was so happy, I was doing the Happy Blue Devil Dance, and almost peed on myself with excitement. (I did snap a couple of pics...... but if I posted..... Duke BB staff would have my azz hanging upside down on the flagpole outside at Wallace Wade.) I was not alone, seeing Kyrie shooting around!!!!

For all of you at the BDC luncheon, you should have stayed a few minutes and watched the boys practicing..... and then see Kyrie for yourself.... I was so overjoyed!!!

I hope he is able to play some games this season in a Duke uniform. At least the Unc game over at the Hill, and the ACC and NCAA tourneys. He is projected to be #1 in NBA draft..... what does that get him (a nice paycheck for a few years, but will he end up in Cleveland?) Kyrie, stay at Duke another year, son!!! And play a year with Austin Rivers!

Thats my Blog for today......... Kyrie looked great, with shoe boot cast thingy and all!!!!

DWP and as always,

GO DUKE
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Kyrie Shooting Around Jan28

Post by captmojo » January 28th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Thanks for your report.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » January 29th, 2011, 1:53 am

^:)^ :clap: definitely good news :-BD
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 29th, 2011, 11:47 am

Was it my imagination or did the announcers at the last game make some mention of Kyrie wearing something that said OPTOEMISM? /:) :-?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » January 29th, 2011, 11:49 am

Lavabe wrote:Was it my imagination or did the announcers at the last game make some mention of Kyrie wearing something that said OPTOEMISM? /:) :-?
Optoemistic was written on the side of his walking boot.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 30th, 2011, 12:42 pm

I saw the TOE first hand, and had a friend in TOW with me!!!! I did snap a couple of pics!!! I have not emailed to anyone. I have sent out via TEXT to a few good friends!!!!
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » January 30th, 2011, 7:19 pm

peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 1st, 2011, 8:28 am

Even, when the footbootcastthingy comes off, at the end of the week......... Kyrie of course, will have rehab............ but I thought because he was doing shoot around, and not limping, and having equal weight (not standing favoring the good uninjured foot).....that was a positive sign.

I am just hoping for 4 solid weeks of rehab(feb) and then returning into rotation and starter status March.... in time for Duke Unc over at the Hill, and then play (when needed during ACC tourney)..... and then the NCAA tourney.

I would think, if Kyrie is doing rehab, and is held back from playing time.............. and then returning in March for crucial or crunch time games......... that would preserve the foot. And play Key minutes in the Big Games (although EVERY GAME is a key game).

I did ask questions (after the live radio show last night).

Everyone say their prayers and then their Duke prayers, and pray for the TOE to be healed!!! Toe Healed!!!! AMEN!
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » February 1st, 2011, 9:08 am

One unknown in this injury scenario is what sort of comfort and confidence Kyrie will have when he gets back on the court, especially in a game. He's not dealt with injuries before; being comfortable enough to push the limits of performance again can be a gritty challenge in the recovery cycle.