Toe ligament healing vibes

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Toe ligament healing vibes

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2010, 9:21 am

For Kyrie Irving. We know how powerful they are! Please use them liberally.
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Toe ligament healing vibes

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2010, 10:26 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 9th, 2010, 11:20 am

:wizard: :wizard: :cross fingers: :cross fingers:

VIBIN' HEAL TOE HEAL TOE HEEL TOE HEEL TOE..... :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 9th, 2010, 11:22 am

My last Hanukkah wish of the year...
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » December 9th, 2010, 12:19 pm

Get better soon, Kyrie's toe!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2010, 12:26 pm

My post, #282, OY in the Kyrie's Toe thread.
OK, boys and girls, y'all are in some serious need of Duke Blue colored glasses here, and I'm just the man to provide them. All in agreement, please say "aye". All who disagree, please leave the room.

1. What do we know? Not much. Kyrie has ligament damage to his toe. It's swollen. He's had all the diagnostic tests that can be initially done but results aren't conclusive (and we certainly aren't being told much, even if his parents and the coaches are.) More will be known in the next week to ten days, and I'm sure information will slowly leak out as it's known, some true, some made up by our favorite "journalists".

2. We have a team full of fabulous basketball players. We have two senior All American candidates who wear (or have in storage or on display at home) National Championship rings that came back to Duke to compete for another National Championship. We have talented big men who have the same rings and have both shown significant improvement from last year - Mason and Ryan consistently and Miles last night. We have two sophomore wing guards that are incredible all around players and shooters, one with a National Championship ring and one that contributed mightily to the effort but who was denied the ring due to NCAA rules and wants to earn his own. Dre's improvement to his overall game from last year has been evident since the first game - did any of you see the feature on him on last week's Coach K show on Sunday? He worked tirelessly on improving his shot, conditioning and defense over the summer, and it shows. And Seth Curry has the potential to be the most complete player on the floor for us. He's been in a bit of a shooting slump, but he started to come out of it last night in the second half and the sky is the limit for him. Our other two freshman - well Hairston is a bull with a nose for the ball and a deft touch, and Thornton is a blur and can burn you in a heartbeat if you let him. Great depth at point guard behind Nolan and Seth. And isn't it great that Seth got to run the Blue team all last year in practice against Jon Scheyer and Nolan Smith! He has a full year's experience playing point guard - who woulda thunk he'd have needed that this year? Wasn't that going to be Kyrie and Nolan's job, with Tyler as the third point? Funny how things work out, isn't it!

3. Anyone notice who is still sitting on the bench, wearing the black suit? Guy named Krzyzewski? He has more than just a teensy tiny bit of experience in adjusting to adversity on the fly, to changing strategy when necessary, especially when he has a few days to do it, like now. And he's flanked by some of the same guys who were on the floor to experience those changes in strategy, leading to a National Championship. Guys like Nate James and Chris Carawell. Wojo and Collins might have a thing or two to add to the mix too.

No folks, there is no need for an "All is lost" thread. Far from it. 40 - 0 may be in jeopardy, but all our other goals are still in play, with, or without, Kyrie Irving. Kyrie is an exciting, dynamic player who adds a phenomenal dimension to our play that we have rarely seen and he's a joy to watch. I hope he heals quickly and comes back this season. Duke medicine has been known to work miracles for athletes and everyday folk, and let us all hope the doctors, and God, can work one for Kyrie.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 9th, 2010, 12:33 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 9th, 2010, 12:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:My last Hanukkah wish of the year...
All I want for Christmas is a healthy toe.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 9th, 2010, 1:23 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:My post, #282, OY in the Kyrie's Toe thread.
OK, boys and girls, y'all are in some serious need of Duke Blue colored glasses here, and I'm just the man to provide them. All in agreement, please say "aye". All who disagree, please leave the room.

1. What do we know? Not much. Kyrie has ligament damage to his toe. It's swollen. He's had all the diagnostic tests that can be initially done but results aren't conclusive (and we certainly aren't being told much, even if his parents and the coaches are.) More will be known in the next week to ten days, and I'm sure information will slowly leak out as it's known, some true, some made up by our favorite "journalists".

2. We have a team full of fabulous basketball players. We have two senior All American candidates who wear (or have in storage or on display at home) National Championship rings that came back to Duke to compete for another National Championship. We have talented big men who have the same rings and have both shown significant improvement from last year - Mason and Ryan consistently and Miles last night. We have two sophomore wing guards that are incredible all around players and shooters, one with a National Championship ring and one that contributed mightily to the effort but who was denied the ring due to NCAA rules and wants to earn his own. Dre's improvement to his overall game from last year has been evident since the first game - did any of you see the feature on him on last week's Coach K show on Sunday? He worked tirelessly on improving his shot, conditioning and defense over the summer, and it shows. And Seth Curry has the potential to be the most complete player on the floor for us. He's been in a bit of a shooting slump, but he started to come out of it last night in the second half and the sky is the limit for him. Our other two freshman - well Hairston is a bull with a nose for the ball and a deft touch, and Thornton is a blur and can burn you in a heartbeat if you let him. Great depth at point guard behind Nolan and Seth. And isn't it great that Seth got to run the Blue team all last year in practice against Jon Scheyer and Nolan Smith! He has a full year's experience playing point guard - who woulda thunk he'd have needed that this year? Wasn't that going to be Kyrie and Nolan's job, with Tyler as the third point? Funny how things work out, isn't it!

3. Anyone notice who is still sitting on the bench, wearing the black suit? Guy named Krzyzewski? He has more than just a teensy tiny bit of experience in adjusting to adversity on the fly, to changing strategy when necessary, especially when he has a few days to do it, like now. And he's flanked by some of the same guys who were on the floor to experience those changes in strategy, leading to a National Championship. Guys like Nate James and Chris Carawell. Wojo and Collins might have a thing or two to add to the mix too.

No folks, there is no need for an "All is lost" thread. Far from it. 40 - 0 may be in jeopardy, but all our other goals are still in play, with, or without, Kyrie Irving. Kyrie is an exciting, dynamic player who adds a phenomenal dimension to our play that we have rarely seen and he's a joy to watch. I hope he heals quickly and comes back this season. Duke medicine has been known to work miracles for athletes and everyday folk, and let us all hope the doctors, and God, can work one for Kyrie.
:clap:

Two minor quibbles:

1. TT is not a blur.
2. It is not an "All is Lost" thread. The proper name for it is "It's Over" and I have the first post (#29) on that thread with that quote and most of us know the history of that expression/thread and its ultimate outcome that season :D .That's why I "dead-panned" that post ;) . I even got a few sporks for it :ymblushing: :)) =)) .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 9th, 2010, 1:33 pm

devildeac wrote: Two minor quibbles:

1. TT is not a blur.
2. It is not an "All is Lost" thread. The proper name for it is "It's Over" and I have the first post (#29) on that thread with that quote and most of us know the history of that expression/thread and its ultimate outcome that season :D .That's why I "dead-panned" that post ;) . I even got a few sporks for it :ymblushing: :)) =)) .
Yup, I know you did. I read it early on. Almost noted you for it, but got lazy... but the point remains the same whether It's Over or All is Lost :D And when I don't have my glasses on, which is all the time, TT is a blur to me B-)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 9th, 2010, 1:59 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote: Two minor quibbles:

1. TT is not a blur.
Yup, I know you did. I read it early on. Almost noted you for it, but got lazy... but the point remains the same whether It's Over or All is Lost :D And when I don't have my glasses on, which is all the time, TT is a blur to me B-)
Speed certainly is relevant to dinosaurs like you and me when we measure our foot speed with a sundial or hourglass :)) =)) .
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 9th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Ozzie, I think your post was brilliant and is well received here.
OY?....Oy!
I haven't been to look but...I envision much :((

Still, :doh: :wizard: :rivet: :auto-ambulance: :angry-tappingfoot: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-partydance:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 9th, 2010, 7:04 pm

:ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:

If he gets Tillyvibes, he'll be fine. She's got the super potent ones. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 9th, 2010, 7:45 pm

I'm toe-tally on the toe-healing vibes, love and prayers for Kyrie!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 9th, 2010, 8:57 pm

vibes (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Brilliant post, Ozzie!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 9th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Great job as always, Ozzie!

Now, vibes to Kyrie... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 10th, 2010, 4:44 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 10th, 2010, 7:23 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: I hate this for for all of the Duke Nation but especially for Kyre. :ymhug:

I did this on the bb thread. Too lazy to do it again. So...I copied and paste the whole thing. :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 10th, 2010, 9:19 am

devildeac wrote: :clap:

Two minor quibbles:

I think Al Featherston read my post and used several of its points in writing his article for the DBR this morning :D , even the "all is not lost" idea! I'm fine with that B-) Really, I am.
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=37152

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2010, 9:37 am

Really interesting tidbit. According to the front page article on dbr, K apparently even said, "it's over," after Boozer's injury so the "It's Over" thread from 2001 was not just the Duke MBB doom and gloom story, it was K's first/early reaction. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. I am really curious/interested to see what else he will do to compensate/re-arrange after Irving's injury. Two of the bigger keys will be what Seth Curry will do and will Dawkins continue to play well. If we go to a more controlled half court offense as I think we will, the rebounding of the MPs and Kelly will become hugely important, just like last year with Z and Lance. Should be fascinating to watch.