Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Irving named rookie of the week

Post by Jesus_hurley » November 16th, 2010, 12:42 am

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... EM_ID=4200

Irving and CJ Leslie are co-rookies of the week in the ACC.

In his collegiate debut, Irving set a Duke record for assists by a freshman in a debut with nine while also scoring 17 points. The West Orange, N.J. native played 25 minutes and shot 4-of-10 from the field, 3-of-6 from the three-point line and 6-of-6 from the free throw line. He added four rebounds, one blocked shot and two steals while only committing one turnover. His 9:1 assist-to-turnover ratio was also a school record for a season opener by a player with eight or more assists.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Irving named rookie of the week

Post by devildeac » November 16th, 2010, 7:46 am

Jesus_hurley wrote:http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... EM_ID=4200

Irving and CJ Leslie are co-rookies of the week in the ACC.

In his collegiate debut, Irving set a Duke record for assists by a freshman in a debut with nine while also scoring 17 points. The West Orange, N.J. native played 25 minutes and shot 4-of-10 from the field, 3-of-6 from the three-point line and 6-of-6 from the free throw line. He added four rebounds, one blocked shot and two steals while only committing one turnover. His 9:1 assist-to-turnover ratio was also a school record for a season opener by a player with eight or more assists.
I'm surprised they don't have prince harry inked in for all the ROTW awards from now until the middle of March.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » November 16th, 2010, 8:20 am

devildeac wrote:I'm surprised they don't have prince harry inked in for all the ROTW awards from now until the middle of March.
With Irving and CJ Leslie as competition, Prince Harry might noy win a lot of ROTW honors. If Roy Williams is smart enough to start him, Reggie Bullock could prove to be the best freshman on Carolina's team. Bullock is a shooting machine. Of course, shot selection could be a problem for him.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 16th, 2010, 8:29 am

Bob Green wrote:
devildeac wrote:I'm surprised they don't have prince harry inked in for all the ROTW awards from now until the middle of March.
With Irving and CJ Leslie as competition, Prince Harry might noy win a lot of ROTW honors. If Roy Williams is smart enough to start him, Reggie Bullock could prove to be the best freshman on Carolina's team. Bullock is a shooting machine. Of course, shot selection could be a problem for him.
Heck, he can shoot any time he leaves the locker room as far as I am concerned. Just as long as he is shooting less than 25% from 3-land throughout the year. Or less. :D
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » November 29th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Irving voted rookie of the week for a second time so far this season.

Irving helped guide the Blue Devils to a 3-0 record away from Durham last week, including an 82-68 victory over No. 4 Kansas State for the championship of the O'Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic in Kansas City, Mo. In the three games last week, Irving averaged 14.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.3 steals per game.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Irving voted rookie of the week for a second time so far this season.

Irving helped guide the Blue Devils to a 3-0 record away from Durham last week, including an 82-68 victory over No. 4 Kansas State for the championship of the O'Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic in Kansas City, Mo. In the three games last week, Irving averaged 14.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.3 steals per game.
How could he NOT be Rookie of The Week? He's really good and will get better. It would be nice if he see's how much fun Kyle is having this year and decide to hang around more than this year. I can dream, can't I? :)
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 29th, 2010, 9:52 pm

Keep on dreamin' VDB. Hey, it could happen. Remember, he'd have Austin Rivers in tandem next year. That might be too good a fun time to pass up.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Rudedog
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Rudedog » November 29th, 2010, 9:57 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:Irving voted rookie of the week for a second time so far this season.

How could he NOT be Rookie of The Week? He's really good and will get better. It would be nice if he see's how much fun Kyle is having this year and decide to hang around more than this year. I can dream, can't I? :)
I'm hoping the impending NBA lockout makes those college underclassmen reconsider. How fun would a lineup of...

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Austin Rivers
SF - Ryan Kelly
PF - Miles Plumlee
C - Mason Plumlee

With Curry, Dawkins, Cook, MP3, Hairston, Thorton, and Gbinjle (sp) all coming off the bench
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 30th, 2010, 7:53 am

Rudedog wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

I'm hoping the impending NBA lockout makes those college underclassmen reconsider. How fun would a lineup of...

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Austin Rivers
SF - Ryan Kelly
PF - Miles Plumlee
C - Mason Plumlee

With Curry, Dawkins, Cook, MP3, Hairston, Thorton, and Gbinjle (sp) all coming off the bench
I'd slide Rivers over to the SF spot as he is about 6'5" now and have Curry or Dawkins starting with Kelly being one of the inside players/subs.
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » December 1st, 2010, 12:01 pm

Keep on Keeping On Kyrie!!!! Impressive Freshman Point Guard... Something we haven't seen since J Will.

Go Kyrie!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 1st, 2010, 11:54 pm

He was jaw droppingly stunning tonight. If he doesn't make it again this week it's only because someone else gets a pity vote.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 2nd, 2010, 10:28 am

I thought they had changed the name of this award this year to the harrison barnes ROTW award.

:ymdevil:
:)) =))
:9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 2nd, 2010, 10:33 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:He was jaw droppingly stunning tonight. If he doesn't make it again this week it's only because someone else gets a pity vote.
Kyrie was amazing last night. He does some things that you just cannot believe on a basketball court. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » December 2nd, 2010, 10:57 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:He was jaw droppingly stunning tonight. If he doesn't make it again this week it's only because someone else gets a pity vote.
Kyrie is really, really good at basketball. So far it looks like the wrong freshman got voted to the preseason AA team and picked for ACC rookie of the year.

Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » December 6th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Lets give him one more...

For the third time in the last four weeks, Duke freshman Kyrie Irving was named the ACC Rookie of the Week on Monday.

Irving led Duke to a 2-0 record last week to earn the weekly award for the second straight week. The West Orange, N.J. native averaged 26.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.5 steals per game in the two wins.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 6th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Harry's still looking for his first. He may get it once this year, but I guarantee you he won't get it 3 times in a month. :happy-bouncyblue: :D :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 7th, 2010, 6:29 am

I feel kinda bad for Wake Forest's freshman Terrell - imagine having a 30 point game in their win against Iowa and still not being Rookie of the week...
Go Kyrie!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 7th, 2010, 12:58 pm

shereec wrote:I feel kinda bad for Wake Forest's freshman Terrell - imagine having a 30 point game in their win against Iowa and still not being Rookie of the week...
Go Kyrie!
I think he followed that up with a 6-8 point effort. #-o :Boo:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 7th, 2010, 2:39 pm

devildeac wrote:
shereec wrote:I feel kinda bad for Wake Forest's freshman Terrell - imagine having a 30 point game in their win against Iowa and still not being Rookie of the week...
Go Kyrie!
I think he followed that up with a 6-8 point effort. #-o :Boo:
He did, and he didn't start because of some disciplinary issue or other, IIRC. Maybe he or CJ Leslie can garner it this week.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » December 7th, 2010, 8:47 pm

If Kyrie can't play this week maybe Tyler Thornton will win it :D

And :9f: