Need new socks

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Need new socks

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 2nd, 2010, 12:31 pm

In a moment of insanity yesterday, I bought a pair of brown shoes. From discussions here a couple of months ago, I know better that to wear my black socks with them. So that begs the question of my fashion consultants here: what color socks should I buy to wear with them? Dark brown? Medium brown? Tan? Something else? Inquiring minds want to know! :eusa-think: :?:
Attachments
New Brown Shoes.JPG
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Need new socks

Post by lawgrad91 » November 2nd, 2010, 12:37 pm

B usually wears whatever colored socks he can find that are 1. clean and 2. matching. If his socks would ever make their way into the hamper instead of on the floor, that might happen with more regularity. But I digress.

I would humbly suggest tan, or medium brown.
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » November 2nd, 2010, 12:39 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:In a moment of insanity yesterday, I bought a pair of brown shoes. From discussions here a couple of months ago, I know better that to wear my black socks with them. So that begs the question of my fashion consultants here: what color socks should I buy to wear with them? Dark brown? Medium brown? Tan? Something else? Inquiring minds want to know! :eusa-think: :?:
Yes, socks with a brownish hue. Maroon or a variation thereof and Argyle (sp?) also works.

I can ask my roommate. He seems to have a thing for socks. He loves to fold mine anyway.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » November 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

If you want to vogue all Robin Hood, you could wear them with green pantyhose and shorts. This would look AWESOME at the next Brunchgate!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 2nd, 2010, 12:48 pm

I'd go same color as the shoes, but that brings about the "bootie effect," or so I've been told.

Definitely not white socks. Don't want to have the grit look.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 4th, 2010, 9:17 am

I'd wear tan socks with tan pants and brown socks with brown pants. They don't have to be plain, either. Buy some socks with dots or diamonds or argyle patterns on them. Live it up!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 4th, 2010, 10:20 am

I was at the grocery store a few weeks ago, and there was this little old lady, she had to be over 80 wearing a Duke sweater. She had short pants on which exposed her socks. On each was embroidered a Blue Devil. I'd look for those. (Btw, I told her I loved her socks.)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 4th, 2010, 10:33 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I was at the grocery store a few weeks ago, and there was this little old lady, she had to be over 80 wearing a Duke sweater. She had short pants on which exposed her socks. On each was embroidered a Blue Devil. I'd look for those. (Btw, I told her I loved her socks.)
Way cool. I wonder where she got the Duke socks.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 4th, 2010, 1:03 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I was at the grocery store a few weeks ago, and there was this little old lady, she had to be over 80 wearing a Duke sweater. She had short pants on which exposed her socks. On each was embroidered a Blue Devil. I'd look for those. (Btw, I told her I loved her socks.)
Way cool. I wonder where she got the Duke socks.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Mom could use some socks like that in her Christmas stocking. I could use some, too. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 4th, 2010, 3:50 pm

I learned from Stacy London that my socks should match my pants. Tan with tan, black with black, etc. I recently bought a mixed pack of six pairs of different color socks (black, tan, gray, etc.) at Sears for about $15. One of the set usually matches whatever pants i need to wear.
-- DukeUsul