I have to post about it

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

I have to post about it

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Sigh. I've tried to hold back, but being that the subject at hand is why we are here, and as far as yonder site is concerned the matter is closed I'll vent here in safety.
Earlier today some guy posted for the first time on yonder site in the John Wall thread to ask opinions on an article he wrote. One mod then decided that it should be given it's own thread, with the title "Lousy Article on Duke Recruiting". I took major offense to that treatment, and said so, and happily the mod at least changed the title. The thread is now closed, with 3 mods giving their input. In my opinion, all three mods statements are "destructively negative". Drives me fugging batty. I have my thoughts on the article itself in the thread, but the way it was treated has pretty much ticked me off all day. They don't follow their own damn rules, and yet they don't see why people get upset by that.
Here is the thread in question.
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... post294016

P.S. I still hold that this is not an anti DBR site, and it never will be, but calling out the mods somewhere has to be done. This is nothing against the site, it's against the corrupted power behind it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: I have to post about it

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Oh, and to Jumbo if you ever venture over here. "The article is dumb" is the weakest of all criticism's ever written. Back up your views with something of substance and with greater arguments than a 2cnd grader would write.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2009, 5:00 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Oh, and to Jumbo if you ever venture over here. "The article is dumb" is the weakest of all criticism's ever written. Back up your views with something of substance and with greater arguments than a 2cnd grader would write.
Are you kidding? If Jumbo ever comes around here, that sonofabitch is walking the plank. :ar!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 17th, 2009, 5:33 pm

CBaB: Sorry about your experience there. From what you said, he didn't call anyone dumb, just a post. :roll:

I would think the proper response would be to hit the warning sign to report a post (at least for the ".... is dumb."). Then copy it, then post a message to Julio. You might also want to report the mod-generated thread title word "Lousy" (even though it was changed).

But mostly, I'm sorry that it consumed more than two minutes of your time. Be thankful for the rules you've helped establish over here. CrazieTalk is really a breath of fresh air.
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 17th, 2009, 6:11 pm

Is anyone here actually surprised by the mods reactions over there?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 7:09 pm

colchar wrote:Is anyone here actually surprised by the mods reactions over there?
Truthfully, yes. Jason Evans usually doesn't have such knee-jerk reactions (as to name the thread in such a way), though he did admit mea culpa, which he is very good about.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 17th, 2009, 7:42 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Sigh. I've tried to hold back, but being that the subject at hand is why we are here, and as far as yonder site is concerned the matter is closed I'll vent here in safety.
Earlier today some guy posted for the first time on yonder site in the John Wall thread to ask opinions on an article he wrote. One mod then decided that it should be given it's own thread, with the title "Lousy Article on Duke Recruiting". I took major offense to that treatment, and said so, and happily the mod at least changed the title. The thread is now closed, with 3 mods giving their input. In my opinion, all three mods statements are "destructively negative". Drives me fugging batty. I have my thoughts on the article itself in the thread, but the way it was treated has pretty much ticked me off all day. They don't follow their own damn rules, and yet they don't see why people get upset by that.

P.S. I still hold that this is not an anti DBR site, and it never will be, but calling out the mods somewhere has to be done. This is nothing against the site, it's against the corrupted power behind it.
One word: hypocrisy, like CathyCa said in one of her posts about DBR. Have one set of rules for the mods and another for the posters. I went back and read rmd's final post (I think) on DBR on the Let's Clean It Up thread "assigning" 26 odd infraction points to a mod for various offenses and this was followed by a scathing post from another mod about how he didn't like/approve of rmd's analysis, or something like that. Ahhh, see ya.

CathyCa had a similar experience with 2 of the mods, as did Tilly and they were instrumental in the creation of this site. Mine dates back to the fall with more hypocritical behavior on behalf of one of our favorite mods who happens to have monkeys, or something like that. :roll: :lol:

I still post on the DRR but far less than before and that may cease entirely after about, oh say, another 33 posts or so. :roll: ;) It's just not fun or collegial anymore and, as CB&B said, I think, you get tired of walking on eggshells wondering if anything negative, cynical, sarcastic or disagreeing with the party line will strike a mod into an infracting mood.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 17th, 2009, 7:43 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Oh, and to Jumbo if you ever venture over here. "The article is dumb" is the weakest of all criticism's ever written. Back up your views with something of substance and with greater arguments than a 2cnd grader would write.
Are you kidding? If Jumbo ever comes around here, that sonofabitch is walking the plank. :ar!
AAAARRRRGGGGHHH! (or something like that)
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 17th, 2009, 9:54 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Sigh. I've tried to hold back, but being that the subject at hand is why we are here, and as far as yonder site is concerned the matter is closed I'll vent here in safety.

I read it there before I came here and saw that ye had vented here. I agree with your stance and feel your view was quite justified. What I found strange is how many mods decided it was worthy of a jump at you. They sometimes like to jump, but usually at a poster's personal page. When you see someone get flamey, like this guy going on about southern hockey fans, click his username and look at the last people that have visited there. 40% will be mods.

You handled it well. :-bd
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2009, 10:17 pm

devildeac wrote: I still post on the DRR but far less than before and that may cease entirely after about, oh say, another 33 posts or so. :roll: ;) It's just not fun or collegial anymore and, as CB&B said, I think, you get tired of walking on eggshells wondering if anything negative, cynical, sarcastic or disagreeing with the party line will strike a mod into an infracting mood.
I frankly don't give a shit whether one of the mods over there decides he/she wants to give me an infraction for a given comment on a given day; the crux of my (hearty) agreement with you comes in the middle of the above citation: "It's just not fun or collegial anymore." Like you, I'll still lurk now and then on the boards and post if/when I really feel compelled to do so, but to deal with the DBArrr! :ar! 's self-righteousness is just way more trouble than it's worth for me anymore. I really find it kind of funny at this point...I mean, how exactly did those folks get the idea that what they do in that capacity is really that important? For crying out loud, they're fackin' internet message board moderators (Oh, wait...).

But seriously, the OTB goofiness was undoubtedly what carried me into the top 12 or so posters over there for a while, and now it's pretty much entirely recreated, give or take a poster or two (paging billybreen?).
This is my interweb home now.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 17th, 2009, 10:29 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote: I still post on the DRR but far less than before and that may cease entirely after about, oh say, another 33 posts or so. :roll: ;) It's just not fun or collegial anymore and, as CB&B said, I think, you get tired of walking on eggshells wondering if anything negative, cynical, sarcastic or disagreeing with the party line will strike a mod into an infracting mood.
I frankly don't give a shit whether one of the mods over there decides he/she wants to give me an infraction for a given comment on a given day; the crux of my (hearty) agreement with you comes in the middle of the above citation: "It's just not fun or collegial anymore." Like you, I'll still lurk now and then on the boards and post if/when I really feel compelled to do so, but to deal with the DBArrr! :ar! 's self-righteousness is just way more trouble than it's worth for me anymore. I really find it kind of funny at this point...I mean, how exactly did those folks get the idea that what they do in that capacity is really that important? For crying out loud, they're fackin' internet message board moderators (Oh, wait...).

But seriously, the OTB goofiness was undoubtedly what carried me into the top 12 or so posters over there for a while, and now it's pretty much entirely recreated, give or take a poster or two (paging billybreen?).
This is my interweb home now.
Dude, first of all, it's your turn.
Second of all, I'll be in town Tuesday.
Third of all, excellent call on self-righteousness (as someone who knows a thing or two about self-righteousness).
Fourth of all, post your fried chicken recipe already.

Wilson rocks! \m/ \m/
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Third of all, excellent call on self-righteousness (as someone who knows a thing or two about self-righteousness).

Wilson rocks! \m/ \m/
1. Now it's your turn.
2. Beers before you leave, or you walk the plank.
3. Thank you.
4. As you wish.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 17th, 2009, 10:42 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

Wilson rocks! \m/ \m/
1. Now it's your turn.
2. Beers before you leave, or you walk the plank.
3. Thank you.
4. As you wish.
Okay, the Pirate and I are playing SCRABBLE, and WHAT does he post?
AVAST
I half expect him to come up with "eyepatch."

I will be bringing down beers from the downstairs refrigerator. EarlJam is alerted. Must contact Shammrog. The Atlanta Mafia will meet.

THIS is what I love about CrazieTalk.

But seriously, post in the stadium, rather than the forum yonder. I really don't see the point in venturing there if you feel as though there are too many eggshells.
Cheers,
Lavabe
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Okay, the Pirate and I are playing SCRABBLE, and WHAT does he post?
AVAST
I half expect him to come up with "eyepatch."
Hah, I did indeed play "avast," didn't I? But really, it was the best available play at the time (got some points for the X you had already played in the process).
If I ever get the chance to play "eyepatch," I might retire, though I don't think "eyepatch" qualifies as an acceptable word.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 17th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Well, the mods really pissed of Greybeard today when they separated out his posts. He has bid them adieu. I sent him a PM inviting him here. Don't know if he'll see the PM or not - depends on whether he'll still read the DBR.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 18th, 2009, 12:01 am

Ha!...Ozzie you must have sent yours right before mine.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 18th, 2009, 12:01 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Well, the mods really pissed of Greybeard today when they separated out his posts. He has bid them adieu. I sent him a PM inviting him here. Don't know if he'll see the PM or not - depends on whether he'll still read the DBR.
I saw that, too, about 5 minutes ago. Wonder when they'll yank his farewell post. I don't think they take to kindly to being "shown up." (he actually spelled it fairwell-that's greybeard for ya ;) )
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 18th, 2009, 12:02 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Ha!...Ozzie you must have sent yours right before mine.
You guys spend WAAYY too much time over yonder... :oops: :roll: ;) :lol:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 18th, 2009, 6:16 am

What exactly, is this "over yonder" I keep hearing reference to? :-? =))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 18th, 2009, 8:28 am

captmojo wrote:What exactly, is this "over yonder" I keep hearing reference to? :-? =))
It's a euphemism for the DBR.
In response to the offense perceived at "The Other Board, Yo," I posted "The Other Board Yonder."

Please CBaB... no frakkin genius remarks on this one. ;)

Cheers,
Lavabe