I was insulted on the DBR OT board

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

I was insulted on the DBR OT board

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 16th, 2009, 11:26 pm

But not by a mod. Some dip who has all of 15 posts said some stupid things in my Canes! Canes! Canes! thread. And I was in no mood to take it, certainly not on my birthday, and I haven't. Didn't insult him back personally, just refuted him with facts. Don't think I'll get any points for it.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: I was insulted on the DBR OT board

Post by devildeac » May 16th, 2009, 11:53 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:But not by a mod. Some dip who has all of 15 posts said some stupid things in my Canes! Canes! Canes! thread. And I was in no mood to take it, certainly not on my birthday, and I haven't. Didn't insult him back personally, just refuted him with facts. Don't think I'll get any points for it.
Well, if you didn't have the "IQ of a raisin," you wouldn't have been insulted.

(ya gotta read the thread to understand that one)

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I hope I did a good job defending you with my response.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 17th, 2009, 12:01 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:But not by a mod. Some dip who has all of 15 posts said some stupid things in my Canes! Canes! Canes! thread. And I was in no mood to take it, certainly not on my birthday, and I haven't. Didn't insult him back personally, just refuted him with facts. Don't think I'll get any points for it.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Yes, you did, thank you. But I think I did a pretty good job myself, too! ;)

rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » May 17th, 2009, 12:05 am

So I went and read the thread and my first thought was what an idiot that person is. The whole "some genius decided to move the team" argument is moronic. The Whalers' ownership made the decision to leave the second largest city in Connecticut (and the smallest market in the NHL at the time--BY FAR) for a city with three times the population (and that's just counting Raleigh). Further, the Whalers left a region whose sports loyalty is historically split between New York and Boston, which would probably explain why the team had such mediocre ticket sales (except, I'm guessing, when the Rangers/Islanders and Bruins were in town). As an alternative they chose a sports hungry town in which there was very little--if any--regional competition. To quote the DBR poster (without his/her sarcasm) it was a "genius" and "smart idea" to move the team to Raleigh. A historically mediocre team has played in two Stanley Cup finals and won one Cup since making the move. The proof is in the pudding. Mr/Ms. iDunk might know a lot about a hockey (still unanswered since his/her post did not display any specific knowledge) but, on matters of pure economics, he has the "IQ of a raisin".

With that said, Go Penguins! "Dennis" Crosby--the best player in the league--deserves a ring. He's the ultimate no-flash team player and is the perfect foil for Ovechkin.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2009, 12:39 am

Ozzie, your response naming the New York Rangers' lines 1-3 of yesteryear was awesome, so awesome that I felt compelled to weigh in and let the new kid know how thoroughly you schooled him.
There was also a nice chance to don my Grammar Police Chief's badge. I mean, only an iddeeyit misspells "genious".
But seriously O4D...well played, bro. :ymapplause:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 17th, 2009, 1:00 am

Great responses Ozzie. I loved reading the smackdown.

One little bone of contention though - there was never any such thing (or rule) as a two line pass. It was an offside pass (think about it - you can shoot the puck from behind your own goal lone to behind the opposing goal line, thus crossing five lines, and if a member of your own team touched it first it was not icing and the puck remained in play). Not trying to be nitpicky or anything but that one bugs me almost as much as 'I could care less' does.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 17th, 2009, 1:02 am

wilson wrote: There was also a nice chance to don my Grammar Police Chief's badge. I mean, only an iddeeyit misspells "genious".

Did you intentionally misspell owned or was that a typo :?:
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 1:02 am

colchar wrote:Great responses Ozzie. I loved reading the smackdown.

One little bone of contention though - there was never any such thing (or rule) as a two line pass. It was an offside pass (think about it - you can shoot the puck from behind your own goal lone to behind the opposing goal line, thus crossing five lines, and if a member of your own team touched it first it was not icing and the puck remained in play). Not trying to be nitpicky or anything but that one bugs me almost as much as 'I could care less' does.
I'm sure you know that it's at least often called a two-line pass though. ;)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 17th, 2009, 1:18 am

rockymtn devil wrote:A historically mediocre team has played in two Stanley Cup finals and won one Cup since making the move. The proof is in the pudding.
:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Sorry but the Boston in Bostondevil can't bring herself to read the Canes, Canes, Canes thread even to defend you Ozzie. You'll just have to accept my mental defense and a few shin kicks sent that poster's way.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 17th, 2009, 1:19 am

Sue71 wrote: I'm sure you know that it's at least often called a two-line pass though. ;)

Oh yeah, I know it is called that all the time. But the term is entirely incorrect which is why it bugs me so much.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 1:26 am

I don't know why, but I'm now having flashbacks to when I worked the Ohio State hockey games (I was in grad school)... sitting in the penalty box... stinky :ymsick: but fun :-bd .
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 17th, 2009, 6:47 am

colchar wrote:Great responses Ozzie. I loved reading the smackdown.

One little bone of contention though - there was never any such thing (or rule) as a two line pass. It was an offside pass
Thanks. Yes, I know a 2 line pass was an off sides pass - that's why I said
the different ways you can be off sides, even when you couldn't make a 2 line pass
meaning that the 2 line pass WAS an off sides pass. :D

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 17th, 2009, 6:51 am

Bostondevil wrote:
rockymtn devil wrote:A historically mediocre team has played in two Stanley Cup finals and won one Cup since making the move. The proof is in the pudding.
:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Sorry but the Boston in Bostondevil can't bring herself to read the Canes, Canes, Canes thread even to defend you Ozzie. You'll just have to accept my mental defense and a few shin kicks sent that poster's way.
That's OK, BD. I understand and the shin kicks are gratefully accepted. And you'll appreciate this line I think
Brad Park was my favorite player (and second best defensemen in the league behind Bobby Orr)

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 9:11 am

Just catching up here. Ozzie, your educational response was awesome.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2009, 9:30 am

colchar wrote:
wilson wrote: There was also a nice chance to don my Grammar Police Chief's badge. I mean, only an iddeeyit misspells "genious".

Did you intentionally misspell owned or was that a typo :?:
That's a bit of internet jargon. I employed it by way of informing that snot-nosed little fucker that the old-timers don't take too kindly to being strafed the way he took Ozzie on, and that we stick up for our own.

From Wikipedia:

"Pwn is a leetspeak slang term, derived from the verb "own",[1][2] as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g. "You just got pwned!")."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 10:03 am

I had to post on that thread. I wonder if snot nose bothers to read the responses.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 17th, 2009, 10:07 am

Not to toot a horn :o) , But I did also, and immediately, tried to defend our honor. X(
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 17th, 2009, 10:43 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Yes, you did, thank you. But I think I did a pretty good job myself, too! ;)
You did a damn fine job of defending yourself but I couldn't resist the goober and redneck jabes, too. :lol:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 17th, 2009, 10:51 am

wilson wrote:
That's a bit of internet jargon. I employed it by way of informing that snot-nosed little fucker that the old-timers don't take too kindly to being strafed the way he took Ozzie on, and that we stick up for our own.

From Wikipedia:

"Pwn is a leetspeak slang term, derived from the verb "own",[1][2] as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet gaming culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g. "You just got pwned!")."
I love you guys! Thanks!

About 2 or 3 years ago I had to ask what "pwn" was in another DBR thread. So I knew exactly what you meant and I loved the use! Rarely have I pwn'd someone on line! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =)) =)) :)) :-bd \:D/ ^:)^ ^:)^ :ymparty:

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 17th, 2009, 11:25 am

wilson wrote:

From Wikipedia:

I had no idea - you learn something new every day.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------