Elon Game

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Elon Game

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 3rd, 2010, 9:07 am

Cooper Helfert is questionable for the game, Snyderwine has kept his job as kicker. The only other guy on the injury report is out for the season. Can't remember his name.

http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_stor ... in_article
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wolfpackdevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Elon Game

Post by wolfpackdevil » September 3rd, 2010, 4:20 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Cooper Helfert is questionable for the game, Snyderwine has kept his job as kicker. The only other guy on the injury report is out for the season. Can't remember his name.

It is very nice to see only 2 players on the injury list for tomorrow. Even though the season hasn't started yet, NC State has 9 players out for Saturday, and UNC somehow has 34 players out for Saturday...hehehe =))

And even if Cooper Helfert doesn't play, Brett Huffman and Brandon King are two very talented senior Tight Ends. We are very strong at that position.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2010, 5:12 pm

wolfpackdevil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Cooper Helfert is questionable for the game, Snyderwine has kept his job as kicker. The only other guy on the injury report is out for the season. Can't remember his name.

It is very nice to see only 2 players on the injury list for tomorrow. Even though the season hasn't started yet, NC State has 9 players out for Saturday, and UNC somehow has 34 players out for Saturday...hehehe =))

And even if Cooper Helfert doesn't play, Brett Huffman and Brandon King are two very talented senior Tight Ends. We are very strong at that position.
Only 34?

:ymdevil: :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 3rd, 2010, 5:19 pm

wolfpackdevil wrote: And even if Cooper Helfert doesn't play, Brett Huffman and Brandon King are two very talented senior Tight Ends. We are very strong at that position.
ReceiverReadySmall.jpg
Brett Huffman!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 4th, 2010, 10:43 am

X( :Boo: :angry-argument: :angry-banghead: :angry-cussing: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-fire: :angry-jumpinganger: :angry-screaming: :angry-teeth: :obscene-birdiedoublegreen: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiered: :orcs-birdies: :obscene-buttmoon: :obscene-buttred: :obscene-buttsmiley: :obscene-buttsway:

Just getting warmed up for the first bad call/s of the season. :ymblushing:
indoor66

Post by indoor66 » September 4th, 2010, 10:53 am

devildeac wrote:X( :Boo: :angry-argument: :angry-banghead: :angry-cussing: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-fire: :angry-jumpinganger: :angry-screaming: :angry-teeth: :obscene-birdiedoublegreen: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiered: :orcs-birdies: :obscene-buttmoon: :obscene-buttred: :obscene-buttsmiley: :obscene-buttsway:

Just getting warmed up for the first bad call/s of the season. :ymblushing:
Next time try to show them how you really feel.
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 5th, 2010, 10:38 am

OK, this is copied from my post OY. Don't want to be accused of plagiarism =)) Of course, this post is further embellished with better smilies :D B-)

Loved, loved, loved our passing game! Renfree throws such a nice ball, on target, on time and easy to catch! And the Killer V's (I like that name!) and company, including our bevvy of tight ends, do a nice job of catching the ball, hanging on to it after the catch, and making extra yards - they are all tough runners!

Desmond Scott and Josh Snead are both tough, quick runners. Watching Snead in HS last year, he does NOT shy away from tough runs up the middle, although as noted he's not a big bruiser. What he excels at is breaking through the line, after contact, and taking it to the house for 40, 50, 70 yards. :happy-bouncyblue: On a team where he handled the ball 75+% of the time, so the defense keyed on him on every play, he'd have 35 to 40 carries and 2 or 3 long runs (and rarely lost yardage, even when hit at the line).

Defensively, our corners, especially Johnny Williams, need to LOOK FOR THE FREAKING BALL! :-B :-B :-B Our linebackers played well, and Kromah made a beautiful interception :bandit: late in the game, :ymapplause: catching a bullet as it didn't whiz past him! And I look for Kenny Anunike to be an impact player at DE as he grows into his roll.

A fun night, an incredible day of Brunchgating! :ymparty: Nice seeing Peloton and others who dropped by. No, I didn't hear Acymetric yell DBR, but that's just crazietalk anyway!

On to Wake Forest, and then the upset of the millennium! I can look past Wake, the team can't.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 5th, 2010, 4:59 pm

You appear to be well-tutored.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 5th, 2010, 5:00 pm

devildeac wrote:You appear to be well-tutored.
Tutored? He wrote that all by himself! Oh, you mean tutored about football. :ymblushing:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 5th, 2010, 5:21 pm

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 5th, 2010, 9:08 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 5th, 2010, 9:09 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Looks like you guys had a great time!
Where have my English skills gone? Looks like y'all had a great time!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 5th, 2010, 11:23 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Looks like you guys had a great time!
Where have my English skills gone? Looks like y'all had a great time!
Looks/sounds like YOU need a tutor. ;) :)) =))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 7th, 2010, 8:43 am

Devildeac, what did you think about the reffing Saturday? Wish I had sat near you to get your take.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2010, 9:05 am

TillyGalore wrote:Devildeac, what did you think about the reffing Saturday? Wish I had sat near you to get your take.
I screamed at the PI call against us in the end zone at the scoreboard end of the field and realized I was 150 yards away so I shut up. I also yelled at the delayed flag against Elon in our end zone and shut up pretty quickly then, too, as 2 refs dropped their hankies. I think they could have been called for probably 1 more late hit. Overall, I thought it was well-called. Yes, you read that right. :ymblushing: :D
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 7th, 2010, 9:13 am

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Devildeac, what did you think about the reffing Saturday? Wish I had sat near you to get your take.
I screamed at the PI call against us in the end zone at the scoreboard end of the field and realized I was 150 yards away so I shut up. I also yelled at the delayed flag against Elon in our end zone and shut up pretty quickly then, too, as 2 refs dropped their hankies. I think they could have been called for probably 1 more late hit. Overall, I thought it was well-called. Yes, you read that right. :ymblushing: :D
I was thinking the same thing. I use you as my barometer regarding my judgment on the reffing.
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2010, 9:55 am

devildeac wrote:
Is there a smilie that grabs its chest in shock, like Redd Foxx used to do in "Sanford and Son"? DD, if you keep this up, you'll have a lot of people here needing your services.

In fairness to the zebras, they did a pretty good job.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 7th, 2010, 10:11 am

lawgrad91 wrote: Is there a smilie that grabs its chest in shock, like Redd Foxx used to do in "Sanford and Son"? DD, if you keep this up, you'll have a lot of people here needing your services.

Will there be SEC refs for the 'Bama game? I'm going to rest my voice for 2 days prior if that's the case, I'll need all the strength I have for the 18th.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2010, 10:35 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: Is there a smilie that grabs its chest in shock, like Redd Foxx used to do in "Sanford and Son"? DD, if you keep this up, you'll have a lot of people here needing your services.

Will there be SEC refs for the 'Bama game? I'm going to rest my voice for 2 days prior if that's the case, I'll need all the strength I have for the 18th.
Lord, I hope not. We ought to do what Lou Holtz used to at Notre Dame, find refs from some small conference and treat them like really big shots so they'll call things for us in hopes they'll be invited back.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2010, 10:47 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Are you gonna rest your liver, too? 8-|