Brunchgate 2010 - Elon Game Sept. 4 - Social topics

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Brunchgate 2010 - Elon Game Sept. 4 - Social topics

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 18th, 2010, 4:56 pm

It's time to start talking about our first Brunchgate of the year! We play Elon at 7 pm on Sept. 4th. The tent will be set up sometime between 7 and 8 a.m. I expect that TNTDevil will arrive early in the morning to start setting up his grill, etc. (please confirm!). I plan to get there about 10 a.m. for a full day of merriment and general rabble rousing.

We'll need plenty of food and beverage for both lunch and dinner, and even some breakfast items, so start thinking about what you'll bring and post it here! We have 19 "official members" in Brunchgate, some consisting of 1 person (like me) and some multi-generational families with folks of all ages coming. Kids ARE WELCOME!

I'm going to start the year out right and plan to bring "Val's Brisket", probably two briskets. These will be pre-cooked and will be reheated on the grills before eating. I'll bring a couple of loaves of rye bread in case you want to make it into a sandwich.

As a general policy, guests are certainly welcome at all Brunchgates. By guests I mean both friends of our "official members" and those of you who read the board and just want to come by and say hi, sit a spell, have a beverage or two and a bite to eat. Please bring food and/or beverages with you, or plan to make a nominal contribution to the food fund if you come empty handed.

Also, we will have a limited number (4) of general admission game tickets for each game except the Alabama game available on a first come, first served basis. The Alabama game tickets are spoken for. Please PM me if you want one or more of them. Cost is the face value on the ticket, and it varies with game and opponent. The Elon game tickets are $25 each. 2 of the 4 for Elon are "on hold" for Fordgrl00 and EarlJam, subject to confirmation. The cost of the ticket is also your full contribution to the "food fund" mentioned above, but please feel free to bring food and beverage with you as well if you'd like, but it's not "mandatory". The money goes into our food fund for spending at later games.

I've been trying hard not to wish the summer to fly by, but I'm sure excited about our football team and Brunchgate this year!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate 2010 - Elon Game Sept. 4

Post by CathyCA » August 18th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Breakfast items for a 7 pm game? :-o

I'll bring a dessert: chocolate chip cookies or brownies or my fabulous rum cake.

There will be 5 of us attending: moi et mon entourage.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2010, 5:11 pm

CathyCA wrote:Breakfast items for a 7 pm game? :-o

I'll bring a dessert: chocolate chip cookies or brownies or my fabulous rum cake.

There will be 5 of us attending: moi et mon entourage.
Ozzie gets hungry early and often :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2010, 5:45 pm

I'm not sure what time the beach Brunchgaters will be arriving, but I'm planning on as early as possible. Not sure what I'll be bringing either for food, I've been playing around with lots of recipes since the last game, but having more ideas makes it harder to choose. I'm going to wait and see what TNT chimes in with since Ozzie has already said he's planning on brisket. For my part I'm leaning towards poultry or fish slow cooked in the smokers. Regardless of the meat, I'll also be bringing a bunch of corn to grill in the husk.
2 1/2 weeks to go!!!!!!! GO DUKE!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Oh yeah..I'll have my tent and 3 square card tables.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Tent neighbor Darrell posted on FB that they will probably be starting with a pig. :D
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 18th, 2010, 8:21 pm

I'm bringing roasted potatoes.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Who's bringing the Lady Gaga music? :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Before this goes much further, y'all may want to separate this into the menu thread which gets "stickied" and the social thread like we did last year. It made menu planning SO much easier without having to wade through dozens (or hundreds) of posts about non-food/beverage related topics. :ymhug: :-*
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 18th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Good idea. I'll start a new thread.

wolfpackdevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Brunchgate 2010 - Elon Game Sept. 4 - Social topics

Post by wolfpackdevil » August 19th, 2010, 12:15 am

I do think it would be cool if somebody brought a speaker system so that we could play some music during the tailgate. It would be nice not to have to listen to that cover band that plays on the lawn before the games.... :ymsick:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2010, 12:20 am

wolfpackdevil wrote:I do think it would be cool if somebody brought a speaker system so that we could play some music during the tailgate. It would be nice not to have to listen to that cover band that plays on the lawn before the games.... :ymsick:
TNTdevil always has music...plus his DirecTV dish and a TV. The music plays great until someone calls him, seeing as how he has his iphone hooked up to the speakers.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2010, 6:18 pm

DukePA awhile back had asked about CTN personalized business cards..each would have the poster's name on it in addition to the regular stuff that I designed last year. Let me know if you are interested and will be at the game, and I will make at least 10 (one sheet) for each person who wants one, if you run out I can replenish them during the next game. Each card will have the poster's name, plus the website as well as a note to look for us on facebook. This is what they looked like last year, I will be making a couple updates.
ctnbizcard.jpg
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 19th, 2010, 7:02 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:DukePA awhile back had asked about CTN personalized business cards..each would have the poster's name on it in addition to the regular stuff that I designed last year. Let me know if you are interested and will be at the game, and I will make at least 10 (one sheet) for each person who wants one, if you run out I can replenish them during the next game. Each card will have the poster's name, plus the website as well as a note to look for us on facebook. This is what they looked like last year, I will be making a couple updates.
ctnbizcard.jpg
Posting name or real name? Or both? I suggest both!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2010, 7:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:DukePA awhile back had asked about CTN personalized business cards..each would have the poster's name on it in addition to the regular stuff that I designed last year. Let me know if you are interested and will be at the game, and I will make at least 10 (one sheet) for each person who wants one, if you run out I can replenish them during the next game. Each card will have the poster's name, plus the website as well as a note to look for us on facebook. This is what they looked like last year, I will be making a couple updates.
ctnbizcard.jpg
Posting name or real name? Or both? I suggest both!
Posting name...you can write real name on back (only so much room :( )
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 19th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Okay, say I wanted to bring a friend (or girlfriend) to the Elon football game. Is it possible to get a ticket the day of (for around face value)?? I don't think the students get a ticket allotment or anything like that (if I'm not mistaken), we just line up and get in using our Duke card. I won't know too far in advance if I have non-Duke-student company or not and was wondering how that would work.

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in.
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 19th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Rolvix wrote:Okay, say I wanted to bring a friend (or girlfriend) to the Elon football game. Is it possible to get a ticket the day of (for around face value)?? I don't think the students get a ticket allotment or anything like that (if I'm not mistaken), we just line up and get in using our Duke card. I won't know too far in advance if I have non-Duke-student company or not and was wondering how that would work.

We've got you covered, Rolvix. We have 4 tickets to all the game, except Alabama game where they are spoken for. Forfgrl00 has dibs on 2 or 3 of the tickets for Elon, you can get the 4th. $25 face value..

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2010, 9:36 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: for Elon, you can get the 4th. $25 face value..
Any girlfriend is worth $25. :D :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 19th, 2010, 10:23 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:Okay, say I wanted to bring a friend (or girlfriend) to the Elon football game. Is it possible to get a ticket the day of (for around face value)?? I don't think the students get a ticket allotment or anything like that (if I'm not mistaken), we just line up and get in using our Duke card. I won't know too far in advance if I have non-Duke-student company or not and was wondering how that would work.

We've got you covered, Rolvix. We have 4 tickets to all the game, except Alabama game where they are spoken for. Forfgrl00 has dibs on 2 or 3 of the tickets for Elon, you can get the 4th. $25 face value..
Since he is a soon to be poor college student, surely you can give him a discount.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2010, 10:26 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Since he is a soon to be poor college student, surely you can give him a discount.
He gets in free...