2010 PGA Championship

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wolfpackdevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

2010 PGA Championship

Post by wolfpackdevil » August 12th, 2010, 11:01 am

For my fellow golf fans, the PGA starts today. Right now they are actually in a fog delay and won't be getting underway for about another half hour.

Im rooting for Tiger this weekend like always, but I think hes destined for a top 15 finish

My favorites are:

1) Rory Mcilroy
2) Phil Mickelson
3) Steve Stricker
4) Hunter Mahan

Should be a fun weekend of golf.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: 2010 PGA Championship

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2010, 11:56 am

wolfpackdevil wrote:For my fellow golf fans, the PGA starts today. Right now they are actually in a fog delay and won't be getting underway for about another half hour.

Im rooting for Tiger this weekend like always, but I think hes destined for a top 15 finish
Blatant attempt to have throaty post here. /:)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2010, 2:17 pm

Please, for the love of all that is good and Holy in this world, can we please please please please please stop talking about Tigger unless he's actually, you know, in contention?

I am so sick of that little arsehole and the constant coverage of him even when he is 10 strokes behind, and pray that he never beats Jack's record because, although he has all the skill in the world, he is a spoiled petulant asshole who, in my opinion, doesn't have 1/10th the class that Jack did. Personally, I'd love it if he never ever won another tournament as it would serve the little asshole right.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 12th, 2010, 2:29 pm

colchar wrote:Please, for the love of all that is good and Holy in this world, can we please please please please please stop talking about Tigger unless he's actually, you know, in contention?
Ok....By the way...he's tied for 1st and is in contention. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2010, 2:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
colchar wrote:Please, for the love of all that is good and Holy in this world, can we please please please please please stop talking about Tigger unless he's actually, you know, in contention?
How did throaty get a hold of colchar's login info?
:)) =)) :)) =)) =)) :)) :)) =))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 12th, 2010, 2:35 pm

I am so sick of that little arsehole and the constant coverage of him even when he is 10 strokes behind, and pray that he never beats Jack's record because, although he has all the skill in the world, he is a spoiled petulant asshole who, in my opinion, doesn't have 1/10th the class that Jack did. Personally, I'd love it if he never ever won another tournament as it would serve the little asshole right.
Please, please, please, don't call Eldrick "Tigger." It's an affront to everyone in Pooh Corner, everyone who ever enjoyed Pooh stories as a child, and anyone who might call their spouse "Tigger" as a term of affection. :ymblushing:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2010, 2:39 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Please, please, please, don't call Eldrick "Tigger." It's an affront to everyone in Pooh Corner, everyone who ever enjoyed Pooh stories as a child, and anyone who might call their spouse "Tigger" as a term of affection. :ymblushing:
I never liked the Pooh animated materials because they always spelled "honey" incorrectly.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 12th, 2010, 2:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Can we call Eldrick "Cheetah" instead?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 12th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

I never liked the Pooh animated materials because they always spelled "honey" incorrectly.
Another example of Walt Disney sucks.
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2010, 2:57 pm

Oh for fuck sakes.

Then again, I'm pretty sure it won't last as he's been playing like ass lately.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2010, 2:58 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Fair enough. I actually call him Tigger because he acts like a spoiled child and Tigger is, obviously, a reference to childhood.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2010, 2:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Can we call Eldrick "Cheetah" instead?

Nope, Ben Johnson has that title due to a commercial for an energy drink up here.

Why don't we call him Fuckwad instead?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2010, 3:11 pm

WHAT ON EARTH is John Daly wearing? Is it red & white diamond pants, with a vibrant orange shirt and visor? :-o :-o

WHERE is JESPER?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2010, 4:02 pm

Daly has been wearing stuff like that for a while now.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2010, 4:05 pm

colchar wrote:Daly has been wearing stuff like that for a while now.
First time I've seen it in HD. :-o
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Not any more. He's done okay... even par, 4 strokes off the lead with one hole to go. Up and down day. Just like most of the golfers.

Two other thoughts after reading this thread:
1) The current leader in the clubhouse, Bubba Watson, also had a petulant moment today. It's not unique to one player.

2) WHO calls their spouse TIGGER? :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :twitch: :twitch:

That's just BIZARRE!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 12th, 2010, 6:26 pm

It is a function of his vibrant personality, Lavabe. He has never met a stranger.

You wanna know what I called my ex husband?
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 12th, 2010, 6:58 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:It is a function of his vibrant personality, Lavabe. He has never met a stranger.

Ex-Lax?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 12th, 2010, 10:21 pm

colchar wrote:I am so sick of that little arsehole and the constant coverage of him even when he is 10 strokes behind, and pray that he never beats Jack's record because, although he has all the skill in the world, he is a spoiled petulant asshole who, in my opinion, doesn't have 1/10th the class that Jack did. Personally, I'd love it if he never ever won another tournament as it would serve the little asshole right.
Woods is 3 strokes off first. He is 1 under par.

You may now resume talking about Tigger, Hunny, Ex-Lax, and Justin Bieber.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 12th, 2010, 10:33 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:It is a function of his vibrant personality, Lavabe. He has never met a stranger.

Ex-Lax?
I didn't think of it first, but it fits!

Various not-suitable-for-little-ear things. He always said he was an Eeyore, but on the Winnie the Pooh scale, he made Eeyore seem like a raging optimist.

BTW, the girl he dated before me, who he talked about constantly, bought Christmas presents for, etc. has a speeding ticket in my court next week. :ymdevil:

I'm starting to believe in karma.

Ok, return to golf discussion. How did Phil and his arthritis do today? Did Corey Pavin and Jim Gray come to blows?
Iron Duke #1471997.