CONDIMENTS!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

You are on Condiment Probation. You May Only Choose Two for Three Years. Make Your Pick.

1. Ketchup
26%
2. Mustard
23%
3. A1
3%
4. Mayonaise
10%
5. Heinz 57
3%
6. Worcestershire Sauce
16%
7. Tabasco Sauce (or the like (Texas Pete, Crystal's, Frank's Red Hot, etc.)
3%
8. Horseradish Sauce
6%
9. BBQ Sauce of any kind
10%
10. Teriyaki Sauce
No votes

Total votes: 31
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

CONDIMENTS!

Post by EarlJam » August 7th, 2010, 2:21 pm

For cooked red meat, if you were forced to choose from only TWO of the following condiments, which two would you choose? You have to stick with your choice for three years, and can never, EVER use another condiment on your hot meat other than what you choose.

Note: There is NO option for other. You must choose from what is "on the menu."

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: CONDIMENTS!

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2010, 2:30 pm

No salsa? :((
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 2:35 pm

I red the poll options before reading your post, but I"m not sure it would've changed my answers. I went with mustard and mayo under the premise that I could create many more sauces with those as bases.
sMiles
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 7th, 2010, 2:40 pm

Miles wrote:I red the poll options before reading your post, but I"m not sure it would've changed my answers. I went with mustard and mayo under the premise that I could create many more sauces with those as bases.
Great; the Macgyver of condiments. 8-|

:)) =)) :)) =))

-EarlJam
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 4:33 pm

EarlJam wrote:
Miles wrote:I red the poll options before reading your post, but I"m not sure it would've changed my answers. I went with mustard and mayo under the premise that I could create many more sauces with those as bases.
Great; the Macgyver of condiments. 8-|

:)) =)) :)) =))

-EarlJam
You have no idea!
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 7th, 2010, 4:58 pm

I went with ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce is a cooking staple for me; I always use it to season beef. Ketchup, that's for after it's cooked. Thought about A-1, but I used to mix ketchup and Worcestershire sauce as a kid for a similar flavor. Believe it or not, it's not too shabby if you get the proportions just right.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 5:41 pm

I prefer HP Sauce over Heinz 57. Got hooked on that when I was kid in Scotland.

If I was ever tied up, and needed to chew my arm off to make an escape, I would hope that I had some HP Sauce with me to make it a bit more enjoyable.
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 5:53 pm

yeah, HP Sauce should be on that list. A1 is a pale imitation at best.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 7th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Miles wrote:I prefer HP Sauce over Heinz 57. Got hooked on that when I was kid in Scotland.

If I was ever tied up, and needed to chew my arm off to make an escape, I would hope that I had some HP Sauce with me to make it a bit more enjoyable.
What is HP Sauce?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 7:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Miles wrote:I prefer HP Sauce over Heinz 57. Got hooked on that when I was kid in Scotland.

What is HP Sauce?

Are you being facetious or asking seriously?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 7th, 2010, 7:53 pm

colchar wrote:yeah, HP Sauce should be on that list. A1 is a pale imitation at best.
Look. HP sauce is good, I won't lie. We have it in Irish pubs here in Atlanta. But for this particular poll, I am the hostage taker, and I'm not offering any damn HP sauce, so deal with it! You must choose from what's on the menu.

I have offered you plenty of options. Don't be a wussy and start demanding HP sauce while I am keeping you hostage. It's very inconsiderate.

-EarlJam
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 8:03 pm

EarlJam wrote:
colchar wrote:yeah, HP Sauce should be on that list. A1 is a pale imitation at best.
Look. HP sauce is good, I won't lie. We have it in Irish pubs here in Atlanta. But for this particular poll, I am the hostage taker, and I'm not offering any damn HP sauce, so deal with it! You must choose from what's on the menu.

I have offered you plenty of options. Don't be a wussy and start demanding HP sauce while I am keeping you hostage. It's very inconsiderate.

-EarlJam

:obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiered:

You didn't say anything about being a hostage, you mentioned being on probation, so blow me! Jeez, get your own poll straight man!

Worcestershire Sauce is good and A1 is decent as well but, no matter how much I might enjoy A1 when I have it, it remains a pale imitation of HP Sauce and I will, therefore choose HP Sauce regardless of what the dipshit who created this poll says. If he stopped trying to move the goalposts (from probation to being a hostage) I might play along but, since he can't maintain any consistency, fuck 'im.

And once again:

:obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiered:
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 7th, 2010, 8:13 pm

colchar wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-EarlJam

You didn't say anything about being a hostage, you mentioned being on probation, so blow me! Jeez, get your own poll straight man!

Worcestershire Sauce is good and A1 is decent as well but, no matter how much I might enjoy A1 when I have it, it remains a pale imitation of HP Sauce and I will, therefore choose HP Sauce regardless of what the dipshit who created this poll says. If he stopped trying to move the goalposts (from probation to being a hostage) I might play along but, since he can't maintain any consistency, fuck 'im.

And once again:

HP Sauce is for pussies. :)

-EJ
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 7th, 2010, 8:49 pm

colchar wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

What is HP Sauce?

Are you being facetious or asking seriously?
I was asking seriously - I've never heard of it. I googled it to get the answer.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 7th, 2010, 8:51 pm

bbq sauce and mustard. I can live without ketchup...horesradish and worcestershire were screaming to be included.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 9:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: I was asking seriously - I've never heard of it. I googled it to get the answer.

The best brown sauce in the world!

I use it for everything from steaks to putting it in pasta sauce and chili.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Seriously though, HP, A1 and the 57 don't stand a chance against Smith & Wollensky's Steak Sauce.
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 7th, 2010, 10:17 pm

I use/love ketchup on hamburger and meat loaf. But on steak, all I want is salt and pepper. If a steak needs a sauce, of any kind, it ain't no damn good anyway so why bother eating it? Now I do love to have sauteed mushrooms with my steak, but the steak must stand on it's own.

Count me in the "I've never heard of HP sauce" camp. I'm guessing it's some sort of brown sauce from what's posted above, and I'm not going to Google it to find out.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 10:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I use/love ketchup on hamburger and meat loaf. But on steak, all I want is salt and pepper. If a steak needs a sauce, of any kind, it ain't no damn good anyway so why bother eating it? Now I do love to have sauteed mushrooms with my steak, but the steak must stand on it's own.

Count me in the "I've never heard of HP sauce" camp. I'm guessing it's some sort of brown sauce from what's posted above, and I'm not going to Google it to find out.

Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 10:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I use/love ketchup on hamburger and meat loaf. But on steak, all I want is salt and pepper. If a steak needs a sauce, of any kind, it ain't no damn good anyway so why bother eating it? Now I do love to have sauteed mushrooms with my steak, but the steak must stand on it's own.

I agree with your assessment of sauces on steaks, but only if you're talking about the bottled sauce variety, including the Smith & Wollensky sauce I reference (which I don't put on steaks, it goes on burgers, sandwiches, etc.). There are a bounty of sauces that, while the steak doesn't need them to be good, do enhance the flavor and make for a delightful meal. If you've never had bordelaise, or chateaubriand, or bourguignonne then you are really missing out.
sMiles