Do You use Bar Soap in the Shower?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Do you still use bar soap in the shower?

1. Yes, I use bar soap.
60%
2. No, I use body wash.
20%
3. I use both bar soap and body wash.
20%
4. I use neither bar soap nor body wash.
No votes
5. I do not shower or bathe.
No votes

Total votes: 15
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Do You use Bar Soap in the Shower?

Post by EarlJam » August 6th, 2010, 10:27 am

Is it me, or is the use of bar soap on the decline? I have had a couple people react in a surprisnig way over the past few months when they learn that I use bar soap. No, I am not kidding. They use body wash, which to me is a bit of a waste because I find a large portion of it just drops to the bathtub floor then down the drain before it can be lathered upon my silky smooth epidermis.

Anyway, I like bar soap.....a frickin' lot, and I do not plan on abandoning it anytime soon.

What about y'all?

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Do You use Bar Soap in the Shower?

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 6th, 2010, 11:15 am

Deodorant bar soap - Irish Spring, Zest or Dial - whichever has the best deal when I buy it at Sam's or Costco.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » August 6th, 2010, 11:19 am

I normally just use my shampoo as body wash. But now they have merged the two anyway
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 6th, 2010, 11:26 am

Still a bar soap guy. Irish Spring for years. I demand my soap to have no moisturizers in it. I want my skin to be nice and crackly when I'm done so I know I'm clean. I don't like any of that crap that makes my skin feel smooth or slimy.
-- DukeUsul
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » August 6th, 2010, 11:28 am

No bar soap! I hate scrubbing soap scum off the shower walls.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 6th, 2010, 1:13 pm

I primarily use Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap of the liquid variety. It's peppermint and it makes your whole body tingle.

It's also great stuff to have around the house as you can use it to brush your teeth, clean laundry, add to a hot towel for a nice, minty preshave soak.

EJ, you should read his labelssometimes. Dr. Bronner's philosophy is, is... well you just have to find out for yourself.
sMiles
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by mph » August 6th, 2010, 1:30 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Still a bar soap guy. Irish Spring for years. I demand my soap to have no moisturizers in it. I want my skin to be nice and crackly when I'm done so I know I'm clean. I don't like any of that crap that makes my skin feel smooth or slimy.
QFT. All I want my soap to do is clean me and help keep me from reeking of B.O. I use lever, but I've used Irish Spring and Dial from time to time.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 6th, 2010, 2:05 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Still a bar soap guy. Irish Spring for years. I demand my soap to have no moisturizers in it. I want my skin to be nice and crackly when I'm done so I know I'm clean. I don't like any of that crap that makes my skin feel smooth or slimy.
I don't like stuff to make me feel artificially smooth or slimy either. On the flip side I don't want to my soap to dry me out and create artificial crackliness.
sMiles
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » August 6th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Miles wrote:I primarily use Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap of the liquid variety. It's peppermint and it makes your whole body tingle.

It's also great stuff to have around the house as you can use it to brush your teeth, clean laundry, add to a hot towel for a nice, minty preshave soak.

EJ, you should read his labelssometimes. Dr. Bronner's philosophy is, is... well you just have to find out for yourself.
OMG yes! Dr Bronner is priceless; I used to entertain my mom on camping trips by doing dramatic readings of the label.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 6th, 2010, 3:37 pm

mph wrote: I use lever
When Lever Bros. came out with their body bar, they did a radio promotion where the winning caller got to shoot free throws against someone else to win a trip to the ACC Tourney play-in (Les Robinson) game and compete in the finals before the game. Well, Mrs. Ozzie won on WRAL radio and I got to shoot free throws at NC State against some guy from Wilmington. This was ~1992. I practiced for a couple of weeks and at halftime of some game (it wasn't an ACC game), I made 4 out of 15 shots in a minute, easily winning. :happy-bouncyblue:

We got to go to Charlotte for the ACC first round game (I don't remember who State played). We (all 9 ACC winning contestants, I was representing NC State) kept asking "what do we win if we win?" You know, they never told us. I don't think they actually had a prize other than coming to Charlotte (they paid us expenses for travel, like $75 for hotel and mileage - not much, even in those days.) I only made 2 foul shots and finished in the middle of the Pack. They didn't even give us any soap samples to take home with us.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 6th, 2010, 3:39 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
When Lever Bros. came out with their body bar, they did a radio promotion where the winning caller got to shoot free throws against someone else to win a trip to the ACC Tourney play-in (Les Robinson) game and compete in the finals before the game. Well, Mrs. Ozzie won on WRAL radio and I got to shoot free throws at NC State against some guy from Wilmington. This was ~1992. I practiced for a couple of weeks and at halftime of some game (it wasn't an ACC game), I made 4 out of 15 shots in a minute, easily winning. :happy-bouncyblue:

We got to go to Charlotte for the ACC first round game (I don't remember who State played). We (all 9 ACC winning contestants, I was representing NC State) kept asking "what do we win if we win?" You know, they never told us. I don't think they actually had a prize other than coming to Charlotte (they paid us expenses for travel, like $75 for hotel and mileage - not much, even in those days.) I only made 2 foul shots and finished in the middle of the Pack. They didn't even give us any soap samples to take home with us.
They gave you no free soap? Scums!

Cool story though!

-EJ
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 6th, 2010, 3:43 pm

I like soap bars. I think they are cool.

My favorite (though I haven't used this brand in a while), are the Caswell-Massey Presidential soaps (these, by the way, are the best-smelling soaps in the world).

I love the smell, the feel, and the way wording is branded into the bar.

Yes. I, EarlJam, love bars of soap.

-EarlJam
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 6th, 2010, 3:56 pm

EarlJam wrote:I like soap bars. I think they are cool.

My favorite (though I haven't used this brand in a while), are the Caswell-Massey Presidential soaps (these, by the way, are the best-smelling soaps in the world).

I love the smell, the feel, and the way wording is branded into the bar.

Yes. I, EarlJam, love bars of soap.

-EarlJam
How often do you drop your soap in the shower? =)) :))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » August 6th, 2010, 4:18 pm

EarlJam wrote:Is it me, or is the use of bar soap on the decline? I have had a couple people react in a surprisnig way over the past few months when they learn that I use bar soap. No, I am not kidding. They use body wash, which to me is a bit of a waste because I find a large portion of it just drops to the bathtub floor then down the drain before it can be lathered upon my silky smooth epidermis.

Anyway, I like bar soap.....a frickin' lot, and I do not plan on abandoning it anytime soon.

What about y'all?

-EarlJam
nom nom nom

EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 6th, 2010, 4:34 pm

As Sir-Mix-a-Lot might say.....

I like bar SOAP and I can not lie
You liquid soaps can't deny
That when a girl walks in with nasty smelly chins
And a round thing on her face
You get sprung
Wanna pull up tough
Cuz you notice that soap cleans stuff
Deep in the skin she's smellin'
She got hooked on the soap I'm sellin'
Oh, baby I wanna wash ya
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that scent you got
Make Me so horny
Ooh, rump of smooth skin
You say you wanna get in my benz
Well use me use me cuz you one clean smellin' groupy

-EarlJam
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by mph » August 6th, 2010, 5:47 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Great story! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 6th, 2010, 9:27 pm

EarlJam wrote: They gave you no free soap? Scums!

Cool story though!

-EJ
Soap ... scum .... heh heh heh :character-beavisbutthead:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 8th, 2010, 11:50 pm

Safeguard. White.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 9th, 2010, 2:32 am

Depends what is handiest for me, soap or body wash.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 9th, 2010, 6:19 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

4 out of 15 won easily? Wow. I should have been in that thing. I was an 80% free throw shooter in high school, and I can still make about 10 out of 15. :)

And I agree, they totally suck for not giving you some free soap!

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage