Crayon on HDTV...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Crayon on HDTV...

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2009, 2:34 pm

My 3 year old just painted my 61" Toshiba with crayon. Almost TOTAL coverage!

I freaked. I checked online and found an article about a woman using warm peanut oil, followed by windex to get up the oil. I thought "yea right" but I was desperate. I didn't have peanut oil, so I nuked a small bowl of olive oil for about 45 seconds, then used corners of a cloth (new corner for each section of crayon) to wipe it in circular motion. Worked like a charm! Came out in about two minutes!! I was amazed. Cleaned it up with a little windex on a cloth. It was AWESOME!!

Anyway, just thought parents might enjoy the tip.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Crayon on HDTV...

Post by Lavabe » May 13th, 2009, 2:36 pm

bjornolf wrote:My 3 year old just painted my 61" Toshiba with crayon. Almost TOTAL coverage!

I freaked. I checked online and found an article about a woman using warm peanut oil, followed by windex to get up the oil. I thought "yea right" but I was desperate. I didn't have peanut oil, so I nuked a small bowl of olive oil for about 45 seconds, then used corners of a cloth (new corner for each section of crayon) to wipe it in circular motion. Worked like a charm! Came out in about two minutes!! I was amazed. Cleaned it up with a little windex on a cloth. It was AWESOME!!

%%-
And what was the time-out for that? :o) 8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2009, 2:37 pm

Any other good cleaning tips out there?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 13th, 2009, 3:05 pm

Wow...great to hear you saved the day.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2009, 3:26 pm

How long did it take him to color the tv? (Was it black and white before he got done?)

I love your kids - they are very creative.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Let's see, it took me about five minutes to feed Katie, but he didn't really have that long cause my wife came in. I'd say it took him about two minutes.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2009, 3:46 pm

bjornolf wrote:Let's see, it took me about five minutes to feed Katie, but he didn't really have that long cause my wife came in. I'd say it took him about two minutes.

%%-

A student for CB&B, perhaps?
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Actually, I've talked to him about my older son. My younger son is into finding creative ways to destroy things. My OLDER son is the artist. The ONLY class he likes at school is art class, and his FAVORITE part of art is painting. He loves the paint program on his leapster even better than the games. de Blob, a game about returning color to the world after bad guys steal all the color by painting everything, is his favorite Wii game of all time. He's painted pictures for just about everyone in our family and friends, always remembering everyone's favorite color and second favorite color, and painting to incorporate them. I WISH I could find a creative outlet for Michael's "energy". I'm hoping to get him into sports. He's VERY fast, agile, strong, and tough. Maybe he'll get into football like daddy.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 13th, 2009, 3:51 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Let's see, it took me about five minutes to feed Katie, but he didn't really have that long cause my wife came in. I'd say it took him about two minutes.

%%-

We'll have to work on artistic patience. He needs at least 30 minutes with his crayons and the TV.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2009, 3:54 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

%%-

We'll have to work on artistic patience. He needs at least 30 minutes with his crayons and the TV.
Blame the time constraint on his parents. He was obviously just laying the foundation for his painting and they interrupted him.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 13th, 2009, 5:01 pm

bjornolf wrote: My younger son is into finding creative ways to destroy things. My OLDER son is the artist.
You're younger son will be an engineer. You have to take something apart to figure out how to put it back together! :geek:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 13th, 2009, 5:05 pm

bjornolf wrote:My 3 year old just painted my 61" Toshiba with crayon. Almost TOTAL coverage!

%%-
OMG--I would have FREAKED OUT! My kids don't do crayons anymore, but the clean-up technique is good info to have, nonetheless.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 13th, 2009, 5:10 pm

On the thread list on the very left side for this thread, there is a small circle with three "finger holes", like in a bowling ball, inside the other circle. It is not on any other thread. What does it mean?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2009, 5:14 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:On the thread list on the very left side for this thread, there is a small circle with three "finger holes", like in a bowling ball, inside the other circle. It is not on any other thread. What does it mean?
I thought it was a hazmat sign. I believe these are assigned when the thread is started and you can put them on your post. I'll use another one and see if it changes it for the thread.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2009, 5:15 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:On the thread list on the very left side for this thread, there is a small circle with three "finger holes", like in a bowling ball, inside the other circle. It is not on any other thread. What does it mean?
I thought it was a hazmat sign. I believe these are assigned when the thread is started and you can put them on your post. I'll use another one and see if it changes it for the thread.
No, it doesn't. (But I did get another post out of it.)
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 13th, 2009, 5:20 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Now that is what I call a master PW'er. :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2009, 5:21 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Now that is what I call a master PW'er. :D
Sadly, it is still just a hobby with me.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2009, 5:28 pm

They're across the top of your "post a reply options" or your "start a thread" options. If DinK looks, she'll see the question mark at the top left of her post about it.

The reason I chose that one is that I thought it looked like a reel (like movie film), so it was kinda related to TV. It's just like the emoticons at the beginning of posts over on TOBY.

I put one of them on MOST of the threads I start so I can ID mine quickly. I do it over at TOBY too. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 13th, 2009, 5:58 pm

bjornolf wrote:They're across the top of your "post a reply options" or your "start a thread" options. If DinK looks, she'll see the question mark at the top left of her post about it.

The reason I chose that one is that I thought it looked like a reel (like movie film), so it was kinda related to TV. It's just like the emoticons at the beginning of posts over on TOBY.

I put one of them on MOST of the threads I start so I can ID mine quickly. I do it over at TOBY too. ;)

%%-
I saw it on my reply - but was wondering if it might change the thread also. (Didn't think it really would but it was a great excuse for extra posts.)

And it does look like a movie reel but given your middle child's inquisitive nature, I thought haz-mat might be a better fit. :D
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Considering the, um, "deposit" I just found in the potty in his room after his nap, I'd go for that. :ymsick: I was really proud of him for putting it in the potty. However, he didn't put his overnight back on, so his bedsheets were completely soaked. He HATES his diapers, but he hasn't quite mastered staying dry when sleeping, so I will often find a dry diaper laying next to a soaked bed in the morning or after naps. Ah, well, 'tis life I guess.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...