Ol' Roy.."I haven't dealt with it very well"

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Ol' Roy.."I haven't dealt with it very well"

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 24th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Ol' Roy.."I haven't dealt with it very well"

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 24th, 2010, 8:14 pm

And if he does have to deal with it again, I doubt he will do any better. :ymdevil:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 1st, 2010, 1:54 pm

I'm willing to give ol' Roy a break here. This came out of the blue and they haven't said a word to him, just the father.

On second thought, no I won't. This goes to show what kind of relationship he has with his players. I don't think K has never not known a player was thinking of leaving.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 1st, 2010, 2:34 pm

I got to talking to a unc fan at Target the other night. I mentioned that I lost a lot of respect for Ol' Roy this year and gave the Haiti Disaster reference. She said that was just a rumor started by a Duke fan. I pointed out it was a private conversation that he then mentioned during a press conference. I'm not sure she believed me.

I was correct, wasn't I?
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 1st, 2010, 2:58 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I got to talking to a unc fan at Target the other night. I mentioned that I lost a lot of respect for Ol' Roy this year and gave the Haiti Disaster reference. She said that was just a rumor started by a Duke fan. I pointed out it was a private conversation that he then mentioned during a press conference. I'm not sure she believed me.

I was correct, wasn't I?
You are! At a news conference he re-told a conversation he had with his masseuse as regards the Haiti disaster and his own professional doldrums.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 1st, 2010, 3:00 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I got to talking to a unc fan at Target the other night. I mentioned that I lost a lot of respect for Ol' Roy this year and gave the Haiti Disaster reference. She said that was just a rumor started by a Duke fan. I pointed out it was a private conversation that he then mentioned during a press conference. I'm not sure she believed me.

I was correct, wasn't I?
You are! At a news conference he re-told a conversation he had with his masseuse as regards the Haiti disaster and his own professional doldrums.
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/2/11/13057 ... atastrophe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 1st, 2010, 5:50 pm

TillyGalore wrote: On second thought, no I won't. This goes to show what kind of relationship he has with his players. I don't think K has never not known a player was thinking of leaving.
You are more exactly right than you know. I view their leaving as a statement on their relationship with Roy. If it had been solid, if he had their respect, they would have stayed...or at the very least discussed it with him. Being the bombshell decision that it was showed they had no respect for him at all.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 2nd, 2010, 3:04 pm

How could Ol' Roy have not known there were issues with TWO of his players, such that they would leave? He must be WOEFULLY out of touch, and his staff must be as well, or else they aren't sharing with him. I can't imagine someone hadn't gotten the sense that the Wears might bolt, or didn't fit in with the rest of the bunch, or something.

Maybe Roy was too busy talking to his masseuse....
Iron Duke #1471997.
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » July 26th, 2010, 11:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:How could Ol' Roy have not known there were issues with TWO of his players, such that they would leave? He must be WOEFULLY out of touch, and his staff must be as well, or else they aren't sharing with him. I can't imagine someone hadn't gotten the sense that the Wears might bolt, or didn't fit in with the rest of the bunch, or something.

Maybe Roy was too busy talking to his masseuse....
=)) =)) =)) =))
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » July 29th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Ol' Roy is being inducted into the Owen High HOF in August. His impeccable record of 45-66 over 5 seasons as the varsity basketball coach cemented his legacy in the school's history books....

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20 ... ll-of-Fame
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 29th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Ol' Roy is being inducted into the Owen High HOF in August. His impeccable record of 45-66 over 5 seasons as the varsity basketball coach cemented his legacy in the school's history books....

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20 ... ll-of-Fame
So what horrible thing did he liken his 2 seasons at Owen HIgh to? I can't remember any Haitian-earthquake-style tragedy during that time.
Iron Duke #1471997.
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » August 3rd, 2010, 4:19 pm

About the twins' leaving: Let me get out my lace handkerchief, wrap it around my finger and dab at my tears.