Vibes for Ozzie's nephew and SIL (different people!)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Vibes for Ozzie's nephew and SIL (different people!)

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 23rd, 2010, 7:40 pm

My 11 year old nephew, Timothy, underwent 10 hours of corrective surgery at Duke today. He has spina bifida, and underwent in-utero surgery 12 years ago to minimize those problems (he was one of the first fetuses to undergo the procedure at Vanderbilt back in mid 1998). He's done remarkably well and today he walks mostly without assistance and without his "walking sticks", and is very active in Miracle League sports. One ongoing problem he's had is with his bladder, and today the doctors rebuilt his bladder using intestinal tissue. The surgery went as well as could be expected today and he is now (at 7:30 pm) entering the recovery room. He'll be in the hospital for about two weeks before they let him go home. So please send those healing vibes to Timothy, a really sweet kid who has endured life's unfortunate hand dealt to him way better than most. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

On a related note, my SIL had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled today up in Boone, and could use a few vibes himself. Ignore the fact that he's a carolina fan, especially since he's twice played in the holiday alumni DUMB pep band in Cameron B-) , and did really well. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Hopefully he'll be recovered enough by Friday so they can join us here at Hilton Head that afternoon and then continue south with us to Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday to visit my folks.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes for Ozzie's nephew and SIL (different people!)

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 23rd, 2010, 7:43 pm

Wow...big vibes to him. My co-worker has just undergone the exact same procedure for a different reason, but it was done at Duke so I know he was in good hands. Vibes to your nephew, he sounds like an amazing young man. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » June 23rd, 2010, 7:52 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
-- DukeUsul
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 23rd, 2010, 7:53 pm

Timothy, you da man!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Get well soon.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 23rd, 2010, 8:12 pm

Ozzie, knowing who the pediatric urolgists at Duke are, I'm pretty sure I know who did the surgery, Dr. Weiner (that is his real name) or Dr. Ross. Both excellent physicians. Your nephew is certainly in good hands. Nevertheless sending a boatload of vibes to your nephew. I can't stop in over the next few days, but if you want me to next week, send me a PM with pertinent info and I'll drop by.

Vibes to Patrick for quick healing. Wow! All four at one time, ouch. I did one side at a time.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 23rd, 2010, 8:52 pm

WOW and DOUBLE WOW! Vibes, vibes and more heartfelt vibes going out in all directions for your guys, Ozzie! We'll keep 'em coming until you tell us this ordeal is over with and Tim and Patrick are happy campers again. Thanks for including us all.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 23rd, 2010, 9:09 pm

Strongest of vibes to your nephew and SIL, Ozzie! Hope both have successful recoveries from their surgeries.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 23rd, 2010, 9:21 pm

Rapid and painless healing wishes heading outta Raleigh.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 23rd, 2010, 9:34 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Ozzie, knowing who the pediatric urolgists at Duke are, I'm pretty sure I know who did the surgery, Dr. Weiner (that is his real name) or Dr. Ross. Both excellent physicians. Your nephew is certainly in good hands. Nevertheless sending a boatload of vibes to your nephew. I can't stop in over the next few days, but if you want me to next week, send me a PM with pertinent info and I'll drop by.

Vibes to Patrick for quick healing. Wow! All four at one time, ouch. I did one side at a time.

I dated Dr. Weiner during our freshman year at Duke. He's a wonderful guy.

Prayers and hugs for Timothy and his family.

And gentle hugs for Patrick. When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking it was about your Sister-in-law. I refer to my sisters-in-law as my SILs. Since I don't have (and will never have!) a son-in-law, it never occurred to me that SIL could mean Son-in-law, too.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 23rd, 2010, 10:40 pm

Thanks for the vibes, they seem to be working so far (not that I had ANY doubt that they would). Not much to update on Timothy, except he's gone to recovery and we haven't heard anything since. Patrick is feeling better after some serious nausea once he got home. Now that the anesthesia has worn off, and he hasn't needed additional pain meds, he's not dizzy anymore. Well, not more than he usually is ;)

Tilly, next week would be great. I'm sure he'll welcome a new friendly face and I'll Pm you the info when I have it. Yes, Dr. Weiner is his surgeon. Cathy, we got a good chuckle when we read you had dated him!

I'll post updates as I get them. Thanks to all again. Big time! :ymhug:

shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » June 24th, 2010, 6:26 am

Mega healing vibes and big hugs for your family, Ozzie!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 24th, 2010, 8:07 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes everywhere to Ozzie and family.
:9f:
sMiles
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 24th, 2010, 9:25 am

Healing vibes to Timothy and the unc fan. Hugs and prayers for all involved as they help both through the recovery process.

:ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray:
Life is good!
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » June 24th, 2010, 10:10 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:My 11 year old nephew, Timothy, underwent 10 hours of corrective surgery at Duke today. He has spina bifida, and underwent in-utero surgery 12 years ago to minimize those problems (he was one of the first fetuses to undergo the procedure at Vanderbilt back in mid 1998). He's done remarkably well and today he walks mostly without assistance and without his "walking sticks", and is very active in Miracle League sports. One ongoing problem he's had is with his bladder, and today the doctors rebuilt his bladder using intestinal tissue. The surgery went as well as could be expected today and he is now (at 7:30 pm) entering the recovery room. He'll be in the hospital for about two weeks before they let him go home. So please send those healing vibes to Timothy, a really sweet kid who has endured life's unfortunate hand dealt to him way better than most. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}.
Major vibes and serious fascination with what they can do now.
Wow!
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: On a related note, my SIL had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled today up in Boone, and could use a few vibes himself. Ignore the fact that he's a carolina fan, especially since he's twice played in the holiday alumni DUMB pep band in Cameron B-) , and did really well. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Hopefully he'll be recovered enough by Friday so they can join us here at Hilton Head that afternoon and then continue south with us to Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday to visit my folks.
Vibing away for SIL (in-between my eating, drinking amd overall merriment).
I can relate, one weekend in Reno back in '00 I had my tonsils out AND noce reset at the same time. lol, oh yeah, that was a weekend I'll never forget.

Oh yeah, I had my wisdon teeth pulled (all 4 at the same time a year or so before that) and loved loved LOVED the drugs given!!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 24th, 2010, 12:27 pm

Here's a quick morning update from Timothy's dad.
Timothy is doing very well after surgery yesterday. He was up and playing his gameboy this morning, and he was not in much pain. He is looking forward to being able to eat and drink again.

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 24th, 2010, 12:46 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Here's a quick morning update from Timothy's dad.
Timothy is doing very well after surgery yesterday. He was up and playing his gameboy this morning, and he was not in much pain. He is looking forward to being able to eat and drink again.

:D :D :D :D :D :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 24th, 2010, 1:46 pm

here is a boat load of continued healing vibes for Timothy and Patrick (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
fordgrl00
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by fordgrl00 » June 24th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Glad to hear your nephews recovery is going well so far. Kids are such troopers when it comes to stuff like this. May the many vibes continue to flow his way.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
~Shelly
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 25th, 2010, 9:36 am

I hope your nephew continues with a great recovery. He sounds like a great kid. :ymhug: Also, I hope SIL has a very speedy recovery. :ymhug:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 25th, 2010, 9:52 am

No morning update on Timothy, but the SIL is feeling well enough to be on the road to join us here today! New pictures of Ozzieetta tonight or tomorrow! :ymhug: