So. Cal computer repair company suggestions?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

So. Cal computer repair company suggestions?

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 8th, 2009, 8:15 am

My dad has a friend in Long Beach, he connects back to people like my dad and others at Duke through his computer for online meetings. Dad says he is having problems with his home PC, and wondered if anyone knows of anybody reputable he could call for repair. He's an older doctor, and probably pretty PC illiterate.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: So. Cal computer repair company suggestions?

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 8th, 2009, 8:22 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My dad has a friend in Long Beach, he connects back to people like my dad and others at Duke through his computer for online meetings. Dad says he is having problems with his home PC, and wondered if anyone knows of anybody reputable he could call for repair. He's an older doctor, and probably pretty PC illiterate.
It almost sounds like you need to make a house call! I may be calling you myself if I have any problems loading (my not yet arrived but on the UPS truck "out for delivery") Vista on my new box.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 8th, 2009, 9:25 am

No kidding! If anybody is out there making house calls to the Dump on the Hump I want to get in line!!!! I have "issues" . Seriously, I'm tired of paying guys who show up but rarely know anymore than I do, bless their hearts. ~x(
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 8th, 2009, 11:47 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I may be calling you myself if I have any problems loading (my not yet arrived but on the UPS truck "out for delivery") Vista on my new box.
Initial install went quickly and without incident. I chose the 32 bit version for compatibility with my peripherals and old files. Now it is installing the 48 updates it downloaded. on 42 of 48 right now. Next will be downloading Firefox, AOL and Vista three Vista printer drivers (if they are not built into Vista. I'll feel connected to the imaginary world again!

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 8th, 2009, 12:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I may be calling you myself if I have any problems loading (my not yet arrived but on the UPS truck "out for delivery") Vista on my new box.
Initial install went quickly and without incident. I chose the 32 bit version for compatibility with my peripherals and old files. Now it is installing the 48 updates it downloaded. on 42 of 48 right now. Next will be downloading Firefox, AOL and Vista three Vista printer drivers (if they are not built into Vista. I'll feel connected to the imaginary world again!
OZ- I may be wrong here, but I think the 32 .vs. 64 has to do with OS performance/capability on CPU only. The peripherals should listen to CPU (like your wife, the brains of the family,..... yes dear what you said) :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 8th, 2009, 12:55 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZ- I may be wrong here, but I think the 32 .vs. 64 has to do with OS performance/capability on CPU only. The peripherals should listen to CPU (like your wife, the brains of the family,..... yes dear what you said) :D
The processor and memory are 64 bit, but I chose to install the 32 bit Vista. The package came with both versions.

I am now logged into CT on my desktop on Firefox! Printer drivers are next, then AOL, then MS Office (wouldn't want to be tempted to do any work before I had to... :p )

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 8th, 2009, 1:06 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I may be calling you myself if I have any problems loading (my not yet arrived but on the UPS truck "out for delivery") Vista on my new box.
The processor and memory are 64 bit, but I chose to install the 32 bit Vista. The package came with both versions.

I am now logged into CT on my desktop on Firefox! Printer drivers are next, then AOL, then MS Office (wouldn't want to be tempted to do any work before I had to... :p )

Hey now, DA can attest to the fact that MS fixes everything! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))