The official "this morning sucks" thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

The official "this morning sucks" thread

Post by TillyGalore » June 3rd, 2010, 7:30 am

I'm not trying to start an anti-good morning thread, but there are some mornings that just aren't good. For example, my morning.

I've been having a lot of jaw pain recently so my dentist recommended I get an "appliance" (no jokes please, it's not funny) to wear in my mouth at night to help my jaws relax. I picked up my "appliance" yesterday and wore it to bed last night. I had been warned that I would probably have pain in my jaw and teeth as my mouth got used to the "appliance". Everything was going well until I woke up at 3:30 and discovered the back of one of my lower front teeth is chipped.

Will be calling the dentist when they open to find out how quickly I can be seen.

This morning officially sucks!
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: The official "this morning sucks" thread

Post by YmoBeThere » June 3rd, 2010, 7:48 am

My appliance was a soft one just to keep my teeth separated. I didn't go so far as to having one that held my jaw in place. After a while, the pain went away and I only use it when I get really stressed out and grind my teeth at night excessively.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 3rd, 2010, 7:50 am

Boooo I'm so sorry Tilly. Tons of vibes coming your way and I hope your jaw is better soon.
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 3rd, 2010, 8:11 am

Hope you feel better vibes being sent your way. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » June 3rd, 2010, 9:18 am

I agree Tilly this morning sucks. I went to bed last night feeling another gallbladder episode coming on. It just got worse and lasted til somewhere between 2 and 3 am. Then I fell asleep. I'm still feeling some discomfort and I'm only working on 3-4 hrs sleep. Booo!
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 3rd, 2010, 9:32 am

DukeUsul wrote:I agree Tilly this morning sucks. I went to bed last night feeling another gallbladder episode coming on. It just got worse and lasted til somewhere between 2 and 3 am. Then I fell asleep. I'm still feeling some discomfort and I'm only working on 3-4 hrs sleep. Booo!
I know you didn't try to turn this into a contest, but you win. Bless your heart.

When are you going to have your gallbladder taken out?

Are there any pain meds you can take?

Vibes that you too are feeling better soon.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 3rd, 2010, 9:45 am

Not trying to turn this into a contest either, but I'm having an ocular migraine this morning. It started just as I turned onto the road to the office, but I got to work okay. At least I don't have headaches with them, and it's beginning to pass. I've only ever had 4; two were about six years ago, and one back in March.

Tilly, I hope you can get your tooth looked at, and get things squared away with your dental appliance.

DukeUsul, sorry about the gallstones. When is your surgery? You'll feel so much better afterward.

Vibes to both of you! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 3rd, 2010, 11:02 am

Things are turning. I was in and out of the dentist's office in less than 20 mins. He smoothed down the tooth, then applied filler and smoothed it down some more. My teeth are okay and my mouth feels normal again.

Vibes to lawgrad and DukeUsel.

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 3rd, 2010, 11:06 am

TillyGalore wrote:Things are turning. I was in and out of the dentist's office in less than 20 mins. He smoothed down the tooth, then applied filler and smoothed it down some more. My teeth are okay and my mouth feels normal again.

Glad to hear, Tilly! Last week, I chipped the back top edge of my lower front tooth while trying to open a bag of chips, was in & out of the dentist's in under 15 min - they just "dremelled" it smooth, and said I was done. no charge even. Sounds like your procedure was nearly as easy. :)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 3rd, 2010, 11:20 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Things are turning. I was in and out of the dentist's office in less than 20 mins. He smoothed down the tooth, then applied filler and smoothed it down some more. My teeth are okay and my mouth feels normal again.

Glad to hear, Tilly! Last week, I chipped the back top edge of my lower front tooth while trying to open a bag of chips, was in & out of the dentist's in under 15 min - they just "dremelled" it smooth, and said I was done. no charge even. Sounds like your procedure was nearly as easy. :)
Those are my kind of dentist visits. :D :D
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » June 3rd, 2010, 11:27 am

Yeah, definitely not a contest. But this is a great place for us to commiserate in our suckitude!

I just got a referral from my Dr. today. I'll call later to set something up. Hopefully I can get it done quickly!
-- DukeUsul
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » June 3rd, 2010, 12:13 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Yeah, definitely not a contest. But this is a great place for us to commiserate in our suckitude!

I just got a referral from my Dr. today. I'll call later to set something up. Hopefully I can get it done quickly!
Having gone through this very thing barely over a year ago, I can commiserate with the stage of the process you're in now. Eventually there's an attack that signals, "It's time."

Please keep us updated!
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » June 3rd, 2010, 12:52 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Yeah, definitely not a contest. But this is a great place for us to commiserate in our suckitude!

Having gone through this very thing barely over a year ago, I can commiserate with the stage of the process you're in now. Eventually there's an attack that signals, "It's time."

Please keep us updated!
The previous attack three weeks ago was the one that signaled "it's time." The one last night said "Why the hell haven't you got the appointment set up yet!!!!"
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 3rd, 2010, 12:53 pm

If you have a Duke surgeon and need anything, let me know. I know most, if not all, the surgeons that would perform this procedure.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 3rd, 2010, 3:27 pm

All of you have had a time!! I hope you all feel better soon. I'm sending major vibes to you all. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 3rd, 2010, 3:29 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I agree Tilly this morning sucks. I went to bed last night feeling another gallbladder episode coming on. It just got worse and lasted til somewhere between 2 and 3 am. Then I fell asleep. I'm still feeling some discomfort and I'm only working on 3-4 hrs sleep. Booo!
You should take Tilly up on her offer. Best get that thing zapped out before it becomes an emergency.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 3rd, 2010, 3:59 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
You should take Tilly up on her offer. Best get that thing zapped out before it becomes an emergency.
Absolutely. When mine went bad, the docs could've removed it with a rusty butter knife and I wouldn't have cared.

Thanks for the retinal migraine vibes. Made it through court okay, though I feel wiped out.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 3rd, 2010, 4:08 pm

I was up until 2am, so this morning was not much fun.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm

Aw. I hate it I tell ya! This group is good folks. Nobody here deserves a suckified morning EVER!!!!! I hate it when that happens. :( But, I guess the bad mornings help us appreciate the good ones more....like the ones after a national championship or something.

I'm vibing hard. Love y'all. Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 3rd, 2010, 9:53 pm

My morning will super suck. I'm working literally all night tonight, it will be nice if I finish by 8am.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.