Vibes for WindsorDaughter

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Vibes for WindsorDaughter

Post by windsor » May 2nd, 2010, 9:44 am

My daughter moved to Nashville (actually Antioch) six weeks ago. She tried to go to work yesterday and with the weather/flooding they closed the interstate and made her exit..the short version is she drove around for six hours yesterday trying to get home...blocked by flooding at every turn. About 9:30 last night I called an old friend of mine who lives on the other side of Nashville and asked for help. He called a friend with a truck and they set off to rescue her. She found a parking lot that was reasonably high ground and waited for them. What should have been a 30 minutes trip took them well over an hour (trying to find roads that weren't closed or underwater). They got her, and took her back to his house. There is more rain coming - so needin' some vibes that she stays safe and eventually finds her way back home!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes for WindsorDaughter

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 2nd, 2010, 9:46 am

It's amazing how much the mountains can get flooded, my wife's hometown mainstreet was pretty well wiped out a couple years ago when the NC mountains had all of the flooding from whatever hurricane it was. Vibes to WindsorDaughter! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 2nd, 2010, 9:56 am

Vibes for her to stay safe and dry. Looks like the area is still getting pounded, or is about to be.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/s ... irect=true

Where is SuperColchar B-) when you need him for a rescue?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 2nd, 2010, 9:57 am

Vibes and prayers for your daughter's safety from No VA! :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 2nd, 2010, 10:23 am

Thank goodness for your friend's help. Happy your daughter is safe. Vibes and prayers that she stays safe. :)
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 2nd, 2010, 10:27 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Thank goodness for your friend's help. Happy your daughter is safe. Vibes and prayers that she stays safe. :)
He's a good guy...one of those people that if it is 3 am, you're 50 miles from nowhere stranded and you can make one call...you call him.

I'm glad that growing up in FL with our rain in the summer that she knew enough NOT to drive through standing water without being sure of the depth. Ten people are dead...tons of cars stranded...houses evacuated. Her apt. is on high ground...but the 10 foot deep 'moat' surrounding it might keep her out of there for another day. At least she's safe with good people.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 2nd, 2010, 10:45 am

Glad to hear she's safe and dry.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » May 2nd, 2010, 11:42 am

Thank goodness for your friend! What a blessing to have him in your lives. Sending my best safe and dry vibes for her and everyone in the area. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 2nd, 2010, 12:44 pm

Vibes, vibes and more vibes to Windsor's Daughter! I have relatives in Franklin if you need another number to call for anything. My brother lives in Jackson. They've been bailing, too! Why can't WE get some of this 'round these here parts?

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 2nd, 2010, 1:38 pm

Hi Windsor, ultra mega vibes going out to WindsorDaugther and YOU!
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 2nd, 2010, 2:03 pm

Vibes to WindsorDaughter.

And to Windsor, too, who impresses me as remaining amazingly calm through this crisis.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 2nd, 2010, 2:04 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Vibes, vibes and more vibes to Windsor's Daughter! I have relatives in Franklin if you need another number to call for anything. My brother lives in Jackson. They've been bailing, too! Why can't WE get some of this 'round these here parts?

Love, Ima

Thanks Ima...I appreciate it. Franklin looks like it is getting hammered as well. Pretty Ugly up there. I'm glad she's high, dry and safe. Sending vibes to your family that they stay safe and dry. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 2nd, 2010, 2:05 pm

CathyCA wrote:Vibes to WindsorDaughter.

And to Windsor, too, who impresses me as remaining amazingly calm through this crisis.

Thanks Cathy. I am lucky to be one of those folks who, in a crisis, has ice water in their veins. I've been known to meltdown AFTER the fact, but never during.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » May 2nd, 2010, 2:44 pm

So glad your daughter is safe. I have friends in the Memphis where the flooding has been pretty bad. They, too, are safe.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 2nd, 2010, 3:58 pm

windsor wrote: I am lucky to be one of those folks who, in a crisis, has ice water in their veins. I've been known to meltdown AFTER the fact, but never during.
MVP! MVP! MVP! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: for the afterwards!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 2nd, 2010, 5:37 pm

more vibes to WindsorDaughter! What's the latest?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 2nd, 2010, 5:38 pm

Vibes are a flowin'!

FWIW, we're getting the storm train that Nashville got, but fortunately no tornadoes. I think we are 5+ inches of rain in 24 hours, but that will go up as the night moves on.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 2nd, 2010, 5:48 pm

Vibes and prayers for WindsorDaughter and the people of Tennessee and the surrounding areas. So glad she's safe. :YMPRAY:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 2nd, 2010, 6:01 pm

It is good to be warm and dry. Glad she's OK.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 2nd, 2010, 6:05 pm

Lavabe wrote:Vibes are a flowin'!

FWIW, we're getting the storm train that Nashville got, but fortunately no tornadoes. I think we are 5+ inches of rain in 24 hours, but that will go up as the night moves on.
Antioch got almost 13" yesterday - schools in that area are closed tomorrow - the part of the interstate that they show pictures of the house (actually its a portable bldg from a church) floating down was her exit.

I'm just relieve that good sense and experience get her from trying to drive or walk through high water.