Stanley Cup Playoffs

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by colchar » April 23rd, 2010, 10:08 pm

I figured we needed a Stanley Cup playoffs thread. Anyone else here up for discussing hockey during the playoffs?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2010, 10:18 pm

The what?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 23rd, 2010, 10:20 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:The what?

Ummm, the only playoffs that really matter.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 23rd, 2010, 10:44 pm

colchar wrote:

They matter when Carolina is in them..but they aren't..and even then,..they don't matter much. I will pay attention to and pull for the Penguins though, because of my P-burgh ties. It would be cool to see Crosby get the gold and the cup in a span of a couple months.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 23rd, 2010, 11:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: They matter when Carolina is in them..but they aren't..and even then,..they don't matter much. I will pay attention to and pull for the Penguins though, because of my P-burgh ties. It would be cool to see Crosby get the gold and the cup in a span of a couple months.

It would be cool to see him win it again this year because I highly doubt they can afford to keep that lineup together much longer.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 24th, 2010, 2:48 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
colchar wrote:

They matter when carolina is in them..but they aren't..and even then,..they don't matter much. I will pay attention to and pull for the Penguins though, because of my P-burgh ties. It would be cool to see Crosby get the gold and the cup in a span of a couple months.
I assume you're talking about the Raleigh Hurricanes? Those guys I root for, not the "other" ones. :D

I'll root for the Pengies too. Always liked them (in a secondary type of way). Sorta like rooting for State or Wake Forest to win OOC games.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 24th, 2010, 8:19 am

Do the Maple Loafs stand a chance next year? ;)

Anyone but Montreal. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 24th, 2010, 8:22 am

I was very disappointed in the Caps last night. They had a chance to shut it down after five on home ice, and they blew it. The Canadiens played like a desperate team, and the Caps played like a team who thought it was already over. I hope they get their asses in gear tomorrow night and end it in six. I think going to a bruising game seven against the Rangers last year really cost them against the Penguins. They need an extra day off.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 24th, 2010, 10:35 am

Lavabe wrote:Do the Maple Loafs stand a chance next year? ;)
You mean the Maple Laughs? Yeah they'll make a run in next year's playoffs but it will be a short one.

Anyone but Montreal. :D
Damned straight. And anyone other than Ottawa too (except, of course, the Habs). I really hate those teams. The only things I hate more are their fans.

This has left me cheering for Vancouver but I despise the Sedins. I'm hoping they both suffer career ending injuries. And yes, I really do dislike them that much.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » April 25th, 2010, 11:11 pm

I'll jump in as long as the Penguins can survive and advance. The Senators played their butts off the last two games (winning in 3 OT in Game 5 and losing a tough one in OT in Game 6). Glad to see the Devils gone too.

Colch, I'm thinking Monsieur Mario might be able to keep the core together longer than you think. The Pens get a new building next season, which should give a decent revenue boost. They've got the city wrapped around their finger, and that will likely continue since the Steelers can't seem to keep themselves out of jail or even off TMZ.

Took the young Turks to see a game in the Igloo when we were home for Easter weekend. Forgot what a great building it is to watch a game - the place rocks. (Not so great if you're interested in extracting every last dime out of your clientele, but that's not my problem). Last time I was there was when they had the NCAA 1st/2nd rounds there a few years back....
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 26th, 2010, 12:08 am

The Devils lost. I'm done.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 26th, 2010, 12:28 am

Turk wrote: Colch, I'm thinking Monsieur Mario might be able to keep the core together longer than you think. The Pens get a new building next season, which should give a decent revenue boost. They've got the city wrapped around their finger, and that will likely continue since the Steelers can't seem to keep themselves out of jail or even off TMZ.
Keeping the team together isn't a revenue issue, it is a salary cap issue. With players like Crosby, Fleury, Staal, Malkin, etc. I can't see how they can possibly pay all of them while remaining under (or at) the cap. Even if they can manage to keep all of the stars, they would have virtually nothing left to pay anyone else.

The draft will be interesting this year as I expect quite a few trades to be completed by teams who have no option other than to dump salaries (Chicago comes to mind as a prime example of this).
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 26th, 2010, 12:29 am

Sue71 wrote:The Devils lost. I'm done.
I'm expecting they are gonna be making some major changes soon. They have been making a habit of tanking in the playoffs, this year especially so. At least they played 7 games with the 'Canes last year.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 26th, 2010, 12:30 am

Sue71 wrote:The Devils lost. I'm done.

Brodeur was too tired to pull off his usual heroics. Actually, I think a lot of goalies are burned out this year due to the compressed schedule caused by the Olympics.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 26th, 2010, 7:22 am

I'm in. I'll discuss my San Jose Sharks.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 26th, 2010, 9:17 pm

I'm in. Pens fan here. I began liking them when Jagr was there because I liked the way his hair flowed as he skated. =p~

I don't pay a lot of attention during the season, just the playoffs.
Iron Duke #1471997.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Well, the CAPS are going to game 7! They better get their D ready and not eat. I wanna see some hungry guys out there that want to WIN! One of my coworkers got a ticket to last Friday nights game!!! He was soo excited!!!! .... I wonder if he might stumble on an extra ticket or two for Wednesday's game? :-?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 26th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Hurricanes sucked this year so I won't be following this much.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 27th, 2010, 12:16 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I'm in. Pens fan here. I began liking them when Jagr was there because I liked the way his hair flowed as he skated. =p~

I don't pay a lot of attention during the season, just the playoffs.

Yeah, Jagr was the king of the hockey hair wasn't he?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 27th, 2010, 12:17 am

cl15876 wrote:Well, the CAPS are going to game 7! They better get their D ready and not eat. I wanna see some hungry guys out there that want to WIN! One of my coworkers got a ticket to last Friday nights game!!! He was soo excited!!!! .... I wonder if he might stumble on an extra ticket or two for Wednesday's game? :-?
If the Habs get the goaltending they did tonight and stick to the tried and true formula for shutting down Russians like Ovechkin, they will win game 7.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------