Banquet and Program

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Banquet and Program

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2010, 12:25 am

And a great time was had by all! Before or after the affair, Tilly, Sue and I met or saw Shereec, Ima and DukeRah, the Rabbs (Merry and Rob), Watzone, Weezie and from a distance, Cathy.

I can report that Tilly only cried a little bit during the speeches and awards. B-)
Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE on April 23rd, 2010, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected which sibling was present with Ima
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Banquet and Program

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2010, 7:23 am

Pictures are being uploaded to my FB page as we speak.

I wish I could have stayed around to visit, but that 11:00 p.m. dismissal was a bit late. I had to take Miss Fran back to Raleigh and then get Christian back home. The poor kid has school today.

The food was delicious. Going along with the Goodfellas theme, we had an Italian style meal, served at our tables, which were covered in blue checked tablecloths or solid blue tablecloths. We had a salad first, then our entree of spinach filled ravioli, asparagus spears, the most tender beef medallions with marinara sauce, Italian bread, and then a dessert of Italian chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and coffee.

The team entered the room from the stage. The curtain went up on the screen where the Goodfellas poster had been projected. There, in the screen were the players, re-enacting their Goodfellas poster, tableaux vivant style. The crowd went wild! Each player was introduced as he took his seat.

We ate dinner, and then the program began. What a treat it was to hear the speeches and see the videos. I loved every minute of the evening!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2010, 7:44 am

I bawled during Lance's and Jon's videos, and the team and championship videos.

I'm really going to miss Jon and Lance. Glad Kyle will be here for one more year. Looking forward to the season starting up again.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!

Oh, they did raise the National Championship banner last night. Another tear filled moment for me.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 23rd, 2010, 7:47 am

CathyCA wrote:Pictures are being uploaded to my FB page as we speak.
Cool, I might steal a couple for the front page. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2010, 7:48 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I wouldn't steal from a lawyer. She knows people who could... ;) ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 23rd, 2010, 8:13 am

Thanks for posting all. We really wanted to go bot couldn't . Too much to do in Kenansville. :(
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 23rd, 2010, 8:33 am

This was epic! Yes!!!! It WAS the very, very best show we've ever had! Those of us upstairs missed out on the introduction of the players, though. How fun THAT must have been. DukeRah was able to go with me, but Native had a heavy week at school and couldn't get away. For me personally, that was the only disappointment of the night. He would have just eaten this UP!!!

The entire thing was so fabulous and I was so engrossed in it that at the end when the search lights swirled over the room and settled on the banner unfurling, it came as a complete surprise to me! I had forgotten all about the fact that there was going to be a BANNER TOO!!!!

Coach K was warm and really witty. Really at the top of his game. He looked rested and relaxed. The coaching staff spoke eloquently from the heart and Wojo did an especially masterful job with no notes at all. Even the president did a good job. The seniors' speeches were just great. Each one got to the point and really said something. No rambling on and on. The videos were super......moving and dynamic. Cameron was gorgeous. This whole thing was staged to a tee.

My heart is still full this morning. Bless everybody's hearts. Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2010, 8:37 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
They're not THAT good. Remember who the photographer was! LOL
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 23rd, 2010, 8:42 am

One more thing....... I was thrilled that the Blue Devil, himself, got the spirit award. He was the best we've ever had. I hope he's not a senior yet and will be back next year.

And it was MOST fitting that the first five got the MVP award together. It wouldn't have been right any other way.
Love, Ima
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 23rd, 2010, 9:46 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:One more thing....... I was thrilled that the Blue Devil, himself, got the spirit award. He was the best we've ever had. I hope he's not a senior yet and will be back next year.

And it was MOST fitting that the first five got the MVP award together. It wouldn't have been right any other way.
Love, Ima
but, but, but he's a BOY! It reminded me of a game several years ago when the big-head Blue Devil fell off the surfboard and his head fell off. He grabbed that head and slammed it back on at lightning speed, but not before everyone in Cameron got a glimpse of his face. The kid in front of us yelled "he's a FAKE!" and we all hooted. We still laugh about it from time to time at games.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 23rd, 2010, 11:26 am

What a cute story!
Love, Ima