Graduate Student at PWing school

National Champs visit Bev Purdue

Post by Jesus_hurley » April 21st, 2010, 5:41 pm

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: National Champs visit Bev Purdue

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2010, 6:21 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Image
He's getting better at it...still can't do it though. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » April 21st, 2010, 6:33 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:Image
He's getting better at it...still can't do it though. =))
That's OK. There are plenty of things he can do well!
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » April 22nd, 2010, 4:27 pm

If you see the picture in it's full size it appears Miles is growing a Zoubeard...
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » April 22nd, 2010, 4:41 pm

Jerry West surprises Duke to offer congrats on NCAA title

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Mike Krzyzewski and his Duke team received congratulations for their latest national title from an unexpected person: Jerry West.
The impromptu meeting of Hall of Famers took place at the Executive Mansion. Gov. Beverly Perdue welcomed the team, declared Wednesday "Duke Blue Devils Day" in honor of their fourth championship and received a framed Duke jersey with Perdue's name and No. 1 on the back.

"To be acknowledged by our state on this day is a truly special honor," Krzyzewski said.

The governor also sprung a surprise on Krzyzewski and his team. West, already in town to speak to state lawmakers while raising awareness for atrial fibrillation, made a last-minute schedule change to meet the Blue Devils, who beat Butler 61-59 two weeks ago for the title.

"The best thing about watching basketball (is) when you watch a bunch of guys who are so coordinated and play together," West said. "There wasn't one player who wouldn't help you win a game on any given night. Most teams have one player get all the publicity. Mike, I think this is one of your best coaching jobs ever."

West was whisked inside a side door at the mansion and sneaked into the reception area to meet a visibly stunned Krzyzewski, who greeted him by saying "Holy mackerel!"

"There's no greater shooter, scorer and person who understands the game more than Jerry," Krzyzewski said. "In our profession, when somebody wants to know, 'What do you really think about the game?' — in any aspect of the game — they would want Jerry's opinion."

Duke beat West Virginia — West's alma mater — in the Final Four. West's son Jonnie is a reserve guard for the Mountaineers, and the elder West led West Virginia to the national championship game in 1959 before beginning a career with the Los Angeles Lakers in which he made the All-Star team 14 times and scored 25,192 points.

"I have no idea what the hell I'm doing here," West joked to the crowd. "The flags (in West Virginia) are still at half-mast. My wife still hasn't recovered from it."

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritt