NBA Playoffs

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school

NBA Playoffs

Post by rockymtn devil » April 30th, 2009, 8:10 pm

Not sure to what extent we have NBA fans here, but I figured a thread couldn't hurt if there are some.

The Bulls-Celtics series has been as entertaining as any in recent memory. Although Garnett is out, it's been a classic matchup of scrappy youth (Chicago) and crafty veterans (Boston). Hoping the Bulls can force a game 7 so we can see one more in this matchup (yes, I know, it wouldn't be close if Garnett were playing but he's not).

The Nuggets are also looking solid. What they did to New Orleans is beyond a beat down. I believe I heard this morning that that series had the largest average scoring difference between two teams in NBA playoff history (24 points)--and that includes a Nuggets loss. This team should especially be close to the hearts of Dukies. Not only is Dahntay Jones a starter and key player, Carmelo Anthony's game has clearly been transformed by the time he spent with Coach K. Add in Billups and this is a dangerous team. I think they can push the Lakers.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by wilson » April 30th, 2009, 9:59 pm

The Chicago-Boston series has been the best series I've ever seen. They set a record of three overtime games in any one playoff series by Game 5, and now, in Game 6, they've sure enough just started OT #4 of the series. The level of competition in this series has been nothing short of remarkable.

In other news, the Magic lost manchild Dwight Howard to a suspension for tonight's game 6, but as I type this, they're putting the finishing touches on the 76ers anyway, on the strength of (among other performances), FIVE 3's from one Jonathan Clay Redick!!! :-bd :ymdevil:
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 1st, 2009, 9:16 pm

What a pathetic display by the 76ers last night.

On the opposite end of the spectrum from Boston-Chicago is Miami-Atlanta. That series might be the least competitive 7-game series in NBA history.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 3rd, 2009, 1:42 am

Well, the Bulls are gone, but DeMarcus had great seats while they lasted. I thought they only signed him for the end of the season, but they signed him to a partially guaranteed deal that includes playing in their summer league and training camp.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 2:38 pm

Currently, watching Mia .vs. Atl - Atl has a 10 point lead but they were crushing before the half!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 3:00 pm

cl15876 wrote:Currently, watching Mia .vs. Atl - Atl has a 10 point lead but they were crushing before the half!
Just started 4th qtr, Atl is ahead 70 to 52 over Mia.... Can Atl hold on another 11 minutes to play the Cavaliers? I think so!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 3:37 pm

cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Currently, watching Mia .vs. Atl - Atl has a 10 point lead but they were crushing before the half!
Just started 4th qtr, Atl is ahead 70 to 52 over Mia.... Can Atl hold on another 11 minutes to play the Cavaliers? I think so!
Whooo HOO - It's been 10 years since Hawks made it to 2nd round ... what a game - Mia 78, Atl 91! Atl on to Cleveland!

Dallas and Denver coming up!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 5:05 pm

The Denver game is pretty good! The 3rd quarter is starting ... denver ahead by dallas!!! dal 54 - denver 58
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 5:46 pm

Denver is rocking! 95-82 with about 7 left in 4th.
Ben63

Post by Ben63 » May 3rd, 2009, 8:01 pm

So I'm pretty sure that Miami-Atlanta series was the least competitive 7 game series ever.

Luckily Chicago-Boston made up for it.

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 3rd, 2009, 8:10 pm

Ben63 wrote:So I'm pretty sure that Miami-Atlanta series was the least competitive 7 game series ever.

Luckily Chicago-Boston made up for it.

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed on the first part.

As for your third point...

GO NUGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 9:08 pm

rockymtn devil wrote: GO NUGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking about you during the game, thinking you were rocking!!!!! I was chatting with CathyCA and even mentioned that I suspected you were a Nugg fan and must be extremely happy! What a game until the 4th quarter, denver rocked!
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 3rd, 2009, 9:16 pm

cl15876 wrote:
I was thinking about you during the game, thinking you were rocking!!!!! I was chatting with CathyCA and even mentioned that I suspected you were a Nugg fan and must be extremely happy! What a game until the 4th quarter, denver rocked!
Absolutely. Dallas kept it close for most of the game, but Denver was too much in the end. I tried to get all my "chores" done this morning (failed), walked the dog and then crashed on the couch to watch the game.

If they make it to the Conference Finals, I'm going to try and make at least a game. Got to cheer on Dahntay Jones!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 9:22 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Absolutely. Dallas kept it close for most of the game, but Denver was too much in the end. I tried to get all my "chores" done this morning (failed), walked the dog and then crashed on the couch to watch the game.

If they make it to the Conference Finals, I'm going to try and make at least a game. Got to cheer on Dahntay Jones!!!
If they make it? Blasphemy!!!! That would be very cool to be there at a game or more! I hear ya about Dahntay! LGD! LGD! LGD!
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 3rd, 2009, 9:29 pm

cl15876 wrote:
rockymtn devil wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

If they make it? Blasphemy!!!! That would be very cool to be there at a game or more! I hear ya about Dahntay! LGD! LGD! LGD!
Would you prefer "when they make it"? :D

Dahntay was one of my favorite Duke players when I was in school. He was also one of better interviews I ever did (I had a small, rarely listened to sports program on WXDU from 2000-2004). Him and Dockery were the most fun on the air.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 9:40 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:
rockymtn devil wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

Would you prefer "when they make it"? :D

Dahntay was one of my favorite Duke players when I was in school. He was also one of better interviews I ever did (I had a small, rarely listened to sports program on WXDU from 2000-2004). Him and Dockery were the most fun on the air.
- I like that MUCHO BETTER! There is POWER IN POSITIVE THINKING! (and no I am not a Tony Robbins groupie :D)
- That must have soo been cool to interview him and Dockery! What an awesome experience and memory! You'll have to YOU-TUBE your interviews and post the links if you still have them! :-bd
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 3rd, 2009, 9:49 pm

Because they were radio interviews, I don't have any video. I may have tapes (although at the time WXDU was stuck in 1954, so recording the show was tough) of some stuff stashed away somewhere. I had the opportunity to interview pretty much every major Duke athlete during that time period, which was very cool. Only two players ever stood us up (both MBBall) and I won't name names.

The most fun interview was Seth Davis, who came onto the show about once a month. His sole purpose, I think, was to advocate for the reopening of the Hideaway which, sadly, close after the 2000-2001 year :(
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 10:17 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:Because they were radio interviews, I don't have any video. I may have tapes (although at the time WXDU was stuck in 1954, so recording the show was tough) of some stuff stashed away somewhere. I had the opportunity to interview pretty much every major Duke athlete during that time period, which was very cool. Only two players ever stood us up (both MBBall) and I won't name names.

The most fun interview was Seth Davis, who came onto the show about once a month. His sole purpose, I think, was to advocate for the reopening of the Hideaway which, sadly, close after the 2000-2001 year :(
The Audio would be great if you can find it, no pressure!
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 7th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Yes, they've only played the 8-seeded Pistons and the 4-seeded Hawks, but the Cavs look incredible thus far in the playoffs. They are really good and I'm not sure even the Lakers can slow them down right now.

Here's hoping for a Nuggets-Cavs series!
rockymtn devil

Post by rockymtn devil » May 22nd, 2009, 10:23 am

If you have any interest in professional basketball, be sure to check out the show being put on by Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony. The two have just traded clutch shots in each of the first two games and, in crunch time, have been guarding each other. After blowing a 13-point lead in game one, the Nuggets battled back from 14 down last night to win in L.A. I smell a 7 game series.

Go Nuggets!!!