FF tix

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

FF tix

Post by devildeac » March 29th, 2010, 8:53 am

I just got my call and the devildeacs are going to the FF!!!!!
But, I may get some more calls this AM. If anyone is interested PM or call me ASAP and I'll grab 2 or 4 more tix.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: FF tix

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 29th, 2010, 9:20 am

I am so excited for you and Mrs. DD!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 29th, 2010, 9:21 am

devildeac wrote:I just got my call and the devildeacs are going to the FF!!!!!
But, I may get some more calls this AM. If anyone is interested PM or call me ASAP and I'll grab 2 or 4 more tix.
We're interested. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 29th, 2010, 9:22 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
We have never been to the FF.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 29th, 2010, 9:27 am

:ymparty: :ymparty: :Clap: :Clap:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 29th, 2010, 9:29 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
I PM'd DD about the cost of the tix.

If you go, are you going to drive or fly? The cheapest tix I could find to fly is over $600, so was considering driving.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 29th, 2010, 10:20 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

If you go, are you going to drive or fly? The cheapest tix I could find to fly is over $600, so was considering driving.
I think tix are $270 for a one seat package for the weekend (three games).
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 29th, 2010, 10:40 am

As much as I would love to go to the FF, I'm going to pass so I can continue with what has been working to help us win. Watch the game alone, as in no K68 around, and eating a double chocolate klondike bar at half-time. If I went and we lost, I'd never forgive myself.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 29th, 2010, 11:41 am

Congratulations, to the DDs! What a thrill you will experience watching your daughter dance and cheer at the Final Four!

I've thought, hoped and prayed that this day would come--ever since Claire made the Blue Squad back in August.

We expect a full report WITH PICTURES when you return!

(An aside to those of you here in the Triangle area--Nobody covers the Final Four like WRAL. ExLax and I went to the Final Four in Seattle back in 1989, and although we had a fun time, we missed so much of the local flavor that WRAL brings in its coverage of the Final Four. We had good seats--front row in the level above the broadcast booth, thanks to my connection with you-know-who, but the REALLY good seats on the floor go to the media sponsors and the members of the NABC.

We went out on the Iron Dukes charter flight. I sat two rows away from H. Keith H. Brodie on the plane. We never got to interact with the team or coaches, although I did get to visit with Mickie Krzyzewski one evening. We saw a lot of the cheerleaders, since one of the members of my travel party was a cheerleader's mom. We had a great tour of the Seattle area, including lunch at the Space Needle, and we even rented a car and drove to Vancouver while we were there. We ate dinner with Devil84's parents one night at the hotel. We saw a lot of the women's Final Four teams because they were playing in their Final Four down in Tacoma that same weekend. So we had fun, and I think that every Duke fan should try to experience at least one Final Four in person, but the atmosphere is not the same intensity level as that of a home game in Cameron Indoor.)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 29th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Where did Ymo get tickets? Where are the seats located, Ymo?

ILJ and I have already sent in our request with the devild***s.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 29th, 2010, 3:03 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote: We're interested. :)
I think tix are $270 for a one seat package for the weekend (three games).
Correct.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 29th, 2010, 3:06 pm

We are driving and staying with some "distant" relatives in the land of the missing D and E on Fri night and then with other kinfolk in Bloomington, Ind., hopefully until Tues AM. :pray:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 29th, 2010, 3:08 pm

devildeac wrote:We are driving and staying with some "distant" relatives in the land of the missing D and E on Fri night and then with other kinfolk in Bloomington, Ind., hopefully until Tues AM. :pray:
Smart. Family is awesome. Bring back some brews from the land of the LOST, leave the peppers behind. =))
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 29th, 2010, 3:08 pm

devildeac wrote:We are driving and staying with some "distant" relatives in the land of the missing D and E on Fri night and then with other kinfolk in Bloomington, Ind., hopefully until Tues AM. :pray:
Vibes that you enjoy multiple days in Bloomington and head back to NC on Tuesday. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Will you be wearing your CTN hat so we can easily spot you in the crowd?
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 29th, 2010, 3:09 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Vibes that you enjoy multiple days in Bloomington and head back to NC on Tuesday. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Just look for Borat... he shouldn't be too hard to find. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 29th, 2010, 3:10 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: Will you be wearing your CTN hat so we can easily spot you in the crowd?
That hat?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 29th, 2010, 3:11 pm

Georgia the Wonderdog would like you to bring some pizza. :O3
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 29th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Just look for Borat... he shouldn't be too hard to find. ;)
We don't have any CTN hats. Yet.

The Borat idea is a much better one.

:)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 29th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Georgia the Wonderdog would like you to bring some pizza. :O3
We plan on being there in time for dinner. No bagels. No pastrami or corned beef.
And I will place the pizza, if we can find a good one in the Land of the Lost, in an unreachable place. :)) =)) :O3

What time does the Liquor Barn close? ;) :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 29th, 2010, 5:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:Congratulations, to the DDs! What a thrill you will experience watching your daughter dance and cheer at the Final Four!

I've thought, hoped and prayed that this day would come--ever since Claire made the Blue Squad back in August.

We expect a full report WITH PICTURES when you return!

(An aside to those of you here in the Triangle area--Nobody covers the Final Four like WRAL. ExLax and I went to the Final Four in Seattle back in 1989, and although we had a fun time, we missed so much of the local flavor that WRAL brings in its coverage of the Final Four. We had good seats--front row in the level above the broadcast booth, thanks to my connection with you-know-who, but the REALLY good seats on the floor go to the media sponsors and the members of the NABC.

We went out on the Iron Dukes charter flight. I sat two rows away from H. Keith H. Brodie on the plane. We never got to interact with the team or coaches, although I did get to visit with Mickie Krzyzewski one evening. We saw a lot of the cheerleaders, since one of the members of my travel party was a cheerleader's mom. We had a great tour of the Seattle area, including lunch at the Space Needle, and we even rented a car and drove to Vancouver while we were there. We ate dinner with Devil84's parents one night at the hotel. We saw a lot of the women's Final Four teams because they were playing in their Final Four down in Tacoma that same weekend. So we had fun, and I think that every Duke fan should try to experience at least one Final Four in person, but the atmosphere is not the same intensity level as that of a home game in Cameron Indoor.)
One of my ticket sources suggested we fly with the team charter but I'm not a 6 figure donor. Perhaps if I stood on the runway just before take off and painted my chest with "BAGS FLY FREE," I could find a spot in that compartment on their flight. We're going on 4 wheels and staying with family.
:)) =))