Duke Hating, Passive-Aggressive Style

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Duke Hating, Passive-Aggressive Style

Post by EarlJam » March 15th, 2010, 6:32 pm

I find this article to be outrageous, irresponsible, and flat out untrue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Good ... own-031410

And it's not like it's written by some blogger in Podunk County. This is a FOX Sports piece. Look, I have always maintained that there is no such thing as an "easy path" to the Final Four. Easier than others? Maybe. But if Duke gets there, they will have earned it with blood, sweat and guts. The headline: South "GIVES" Duke and "EASY PATH..."

Hogwash. And to imply that Duke is "given" anything is insulting to say the least. I can usually ignore these things, but this one pisses me off. We should all write the pompus ass stick and give him a piece of our mind.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Duke Hating, Passive-Aggressive Style

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 15th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Articles bad mouthing Duke seem to be popping up in a variety of places.... open season for hate and envy. Hard work goes unrecognized and unappreciated. The body of work encompassed by the Duke basketball program is not understood by many because it's far more complex than a tweet, thus exceeding their ability to process information.

The tone and quality of the comments remind me of the sort of things adolescents say to discredit those they envy for being successful. I don't even try to make sense of them anymore, let alone pay much attention to them.
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » March 15th, 2010, 7:08 pm

I believe Forrest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does." That's where I would put the writer of the Fox article and his opinions. During the Miami game, I thought the refs were going to GIVE the game, not to Duke, but to Miami with their horrible officiating. And, by the way, Duke earned every game in the ACC tournament and they'll earn every game in the NCAA.

Meanwhile, I hope the writer of the article is flipping hamburgers at a fast food joint in his next "life."
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 15th, 2010, 8:57 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Articles bad mouthing Duke seem to be popping up in a variety of places.... open season for hate and envy. Hard work goes unrecognized and unappreciated. The body of work encompassed by the Duke basketball program is not understood by many because it's far more complex than a tweet, thus exceeding their ability to process information.

The tone and quality of the comments remind me of the sort of things adolescents say to discredit those they envy for being successful. I don't even try to make sense of them anymore, let alone pay much attention to them.
Like here: http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthru ... ml?showall
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » March 15th, 2010, 10:31 pm

I actually don't have a problem with this analysis. On paper, Duke's road is easier than Kansas or Kentucky and, IMO, on par with Syracuse's. Purdue is the weakest 4 (did you see them score 11 in the first half against Minnesota this weekend?) and Baylor and Nova are probably the weakest of their respective seeds.

Despite the inflammatory headline, the analysis is pretty fair.

What bothers me is that none of the pundits are discussing how Duke is faced with two road games between it and the Final Four. We may well get both Texas A&M and Baylor in Houston. No other high seed has that kind of draw. I also can't recall such a path for any high seed over the past decade. On paper the region is weak; in reality, it could prove the most difficult.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.