Duke-carolina

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Duke-carolina

Post by wilson » March 7th, 2010, 1:06 am

My favorite inside carolina quote so far:
"i think Forrest Gump is on TNT. think i will watch it if i am going to watch stupid people. at least he was brave. and a helluva ping pong player."
:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
That's 32 Blue Devils, in case you're wondering.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Duke-carolina

Post by wilson » March 7th, 2010, 1:10 am

I've said several times in recent weeks that I didn't feel like this team had yet put together a complete performance. Somebody seemed to step up every night, but there hadn't yet been a night where everybody stepped up.
Tonight was as close to that as we've seen. To see that at this point in this season against carolina is reallyreallyreallyreallyreally tasty.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 7th, 2010, 1:21 am

wilson wrote:I've said several times in recent weeks that I didn't feel like this team had yet put together a complete performance. Somebody seemed to step up every night, but there hadn't yet been a night where everybody stepped up.
Tonight was as close to that as we've seen. To see that at this point in this season against carolina is reallyreallyreallyreallyreally tasty.
I agree with that. I got lots of great photos at the game, but one of my favorites is of the team huddle before the game. I'm not on my computer, so I'll post it tomorrow.
What an awesome game..I bet my dad a nickel yesterday that we would win by at least 20. I get to collect tomorrow. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 7th, 2010, 2:38 am

Pics from DukeBluePlanet
Attachments
burning.jpg
z_scheyer.jpg
k_scheyer.jpg
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 7th, 2010, 8:35 am

Jesus_hurley wrote:Pics from DukeBluePlanet

I love that pic of Jon preparing to embrace Coach K because you can see his parents' beaming faces in the background. :D
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 7th, 2010, 9:13 am

wilson wrote:My favorite inside carolina quote so far:
"i think Forrest Gump is on TNT. think i will watch it if i am going to watch stupid people. at least he was brave. and a helluva ping pong player."
:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Sadly, I agree with this quote. With all the talent on unc's team, all they really need is someome with a little heart. Henson may have shown some flashes last night. It will be interesting to watch the repercussions of this season. Exactly how long will it take their program to recover? Leadership was clearly a problem this year - on multiple levels. Where will it come from next year? Could next season be as ugly as this one?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 7th, 2010, 9:15 am

wilson wrote:I've said several times in recent weeks that I didn't feel like this team had yet put together a complete performance. Somebody seemed to step up every night, but there hadn't yet been a night where everybody stepped up.
I agree with you, wilson. That game was such fun to watch because everyone played so well. The fact that the game came against the holes was particularly sweet. Hopefully our guys have a few more performances of that nature in them.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 7th, 2010, 12:03 pm

There were some interesting folks attending the game..... two years ago it was the Manning brothers, last night it was the "Presbyterian Fan" in the front row of the Duke student section, Matt Leinart behind the scorer's table and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Erin Andrews' partner in the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars. (Maks is a more impressive guest than The Donald was and much better received!!!) :-* B-)
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 7th, 2010, 1:06 pm

OOOOOOOOh, Maks ! =p~ Bless his heart!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » March 7th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Signs Seen at Last Nights Game

UNCultured

Unranked
Nobody
Cares

Text 948345 to Send $10
to the UNC Disaster
Relief Fund
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 7th, 2010, 7:03 pm

CB&B, this could make a cool painting (or at least partial inspiration for one), no?
2010bonfire.jpg
2010bonfire.jpg (32.55 KiB) Viewed 523 times
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 7th, 2010, 8:36 pm

wilson wrote:CB&B, this could make a cool painting (or at least partial inspiration for one), no?
2010bonfire.jpg
Yes....but I don't work from other's photos. Still a cool pic though. I've got plenty of pics that I didn't post that will be paintings. :D
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 7th, 2010, 9:29 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:My favorite inside carolina quote so far:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Sadly, I agree with this quote. With all the talent on unc's team, all they really need is someome with a little heart. Henson may have shown some flashes last night. It will be interesting to watch the repercussions of this season. Exactly how long will it take their program to recover? Leadership was clearly a problem this year - on multiple levels. Where will it come from next year? Could next season be as ugly as this one?
I think it'll take 2 years. Next year will probably be better - say 8-8 in conference, possibly better then that. Then when they add the following class, if they don't have too much attrition, they'll have all the pieces again. This also depends on the incoming recruits being able to meet the hype. If they get a speedy point guard to go with McAdoo and Hairston in 2011 (Marquis Teague) and Barnes and Bullock stay 3 years they'll contend for the title that year for certain.

They opened up communication with Teague recently. He is making his decision in a couple of weeks but said if unc-ch offers he may hold off and reconsider. Otherwise odds are on Louisville. This is interesting because unc-ch has no available scholarships for that year. In fact, they've overcommitted and will need 2 players (ed davis being one) to leave early this year or next in order to fulfill current obligations.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recruitin ... or-teague/
North Carolina jumped in with Teague “over a month ago,” but with no actual offer on the table, the interest won’t change Teague’s list or his timeline.

“I’m still going to make a decision after my season,” he said. “Probably this month. I only list the schools that have offered me. Those are the schools that I’m really looking at.”

Teague admitted this much, that “North Carolina is a school you have to consider” if they come calling.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2010, 8:26 am

Jesus_hurley wrote:...If...Barnes and Bullock stay 3 years they'll contend for the title that year for certain.
=)) =)) =))
You're not serious, are you? Harrison Barnes is going to college for one year, period.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 8th, 2010, 9:25 am

wilson wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:...If...Barnes and Bullock stay 3 years they'll contend for the title that year for certain.
=)) =)) =))
You're not serious, are you? Harrison Barnes is going to college for one year, period.
I think so also, but that may end up changing depending on what happens with the collective bargaining agreement next year. It could very well end up that he stays an extra year or two to get more money in the long run.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 8th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Special Huck remarks at the post-game presser Saturday night:

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/951835.html

ROY WILLIAMS

On Duke’s chances to win the national championship:

“I said in the preseason and I still believe it, that this is the best Duke team they’ve had in the seven years I’ve been here. Mike [Krzyzewski] knows them a heckuva lot better than I do, but to me, they don’t have any holes. . . .

Thank you deity!!! (bold, my emphasis) :ymdevil:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 8th, 2010, 3:49 pm

DukePA wrote:Special Huck remarks at the post-game presser Saturday night:

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/951835.html

ROY WILLIAMS

On Duke’s chances to win the national championship:

“I said in the preseason and I still believe it, that this is the best Duke team they’ve had in the seven years I’ve been here. Mike [Krzyzewski] knows them a heckuva lot better than I do, but to me, they don’t have any holes. . . .

Thank you deity!!! (bold, my emphasis) :ymdevil:
I had been looking for that quote all day, I knew I read it in the paper while at your parent's house. I love it!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 9th, 2010, 10:26 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I had been looking for that quote all day, I knew I read it in the paper while at your parent's house. I love it!
Pretty bold, and pretty classy stuff from Roy there. I have to confess that I personally am still skeptical as to this team's chances for a deep March run, but Roy's words (and similar ones from the likes of Bobby Knight, et al) do a lot to help convince me.
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » March 12th, 2010, 2:40 pm

While I was online today looking for photos of Our Favorite Cheerleader, I found a really nice article on Krzyzewski and Duke re: the Duke-unc game. Here is the link:
http://www.news-record.com/content/2010 ... to_coach_k

ILJ
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 12th, 2010, 4:47 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:While I was online today looking for photos of Our Favorite Cheerleader, I found a really nice article on Krzyzewski and Duke re: the Duke-unc game. Here is the link:
http://www.news-record.com/content/2010 ... to_coach_k

ILJ
Hopefully, that will lead to MP1 and MP2 being more productive as the season winds down AND convince MP3 that Duke is the place for him to spend his college BB career.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.