Duke vs md

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Duke vs md

Post by devildeac » March 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am

How md beats Duke:

1. acc refs: Duke has 3 or 4 guys foul out, accumulates 30+ PF and md shoots > 30 FT. Count on it. (see JJ's jr or sr game up there when he finished OT with DeMarcus, who was a freshman at the time, IIRC, and 3 walk-ons. X( X( )
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke vs md

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 3rd, 2010, 8:12 am

So, who did the team register as at their hotel?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 3rd, 2010, 8:59 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:So, who did the team register as at their hotel?
Hopefully, they just had all their room phones disconnected.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 3rd, 2010, 2:22 pm

They all registered as 'Greivis Vazquez'
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 3rd, 2010, 6:27 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:
They all registered as 'Greivis Vazquez'
Hola!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 3rd, 2010, 11:19 pm

X( :swear: :poo: :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-banghead: :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublegreen: :orcs-censored:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 3rd, 2010, 11:21 pm

Hats off to Greivis...he put on a show. Sucks we were on the losing end, but I don't mind facing the heels off of their two victories coming off of our one recent loss. Think we will take them lightly? If so, you ain't paying attention. It's gonna be hotter in Cameron than Chapel Hell can ever be...GO DUKE!!!!
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » March 3rd, 2010, 11:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Hats off to Greivis...he put on a show. Sucks we were on the losing end, but I don't mind facing the heels off of their two victories coming off of our one recent loss. Think we will take them lightly? If so, you ain't paying attention. It's gonna be hotter in Cameron than Chapel Hell can ever be...GO DUKE!!!!
CB&B,

Bingo. Very well said. Now we are hungrier than ever, and the tie goes to US. Bring on the Heel meat.

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: Duke vs md ... 2 things.

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 3rd, 2010, 11:51 pm

1.) Why don't they have a "challenge the call" in basketball like they do in football, tennis, etc.? It would definitely have had an affect on this game. That phantom walk called on Scheyer should have been reviewed for example.

2.) I sure wish I could like Vazquez. I try really really hard. I just guess I've never enjoyed being around overly cocky, show boat types. I try to remind myself of his background and give him credit for having done so well in spite of having few advantages. That doesn't do it for me because we've seen so many others do the same and remain humble and friendly. David Henderson comes to mind along with several others. Bless all their hearts, however.
Love, Ima

"Let us, then, be up and doing,
With the heart for any fate.
Still achieving and pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait."

GO DUKE!!! Go to hell, Carolina!"
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 3rd, 2010, 11:57 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: 2.) I sure wish I could like Vazquez. I try really really hard. I just guess I've never enjoyed being around overly cocky, show boat types.

[/color]
I hear ya Ima, but in a way that's what makes guys like him fun. We had JJ...it's an easy comparison for me. For guys like him, I can complain, and yet still take some pride in the loss. I look at Roy's boys and see who he has to compare, past and present...and I don't see it. Tyler might have beat us more often, but he never earned my respect. Vasquez did, and I hope he continues to do well after college. (Plus...he not only save Gary's job, he will have made him COY)
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 4th, 2010, 12:26 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: 2.) I sure wish I could like Vazquez. I try really really hard. I just guess I've never enjoyed being around overly cocky, show boat types.

[/color]
I hear ya Ima, but in a way that's what makes guys like him fun. We had JJ...it's an easy comparison for me. For guys like him, I can complain, and yet still take some pride in the loss. I look at Roy's boys and see who he has to compare, past and present...and I don't see it. Tyler might have beat us more often, but he never earned my respect. Vasquez did, and I hope he continues to do well after college. (Plus...he not only save Gary's job, he will have made him COY)
Vasquez was to me, surprisingly gracious tonight in victory. He praised Duke and Coach K. He's a kid who plays with 100 percent of his emotion on his sleeves. Very passionate, very true. Yes, he can be perceived as "cocky," but I don't really think it's out of line. He's just a kid loving life and putting all the blood, sweat and tears he can muster on the court. He loves his school. He loves to win. And I have to admire someone who gives it that much all for his colors, for his team, without a paycheck being the number one motive.

He pisses me off during the games, during the heat of battle; but after the final horn sounds, you have to admire his passion, effort, and skills. I just wish they'd (Maryland) get up for other teams like they do Duke. Make a solid show in the tournament..

Again, the Twerps would have beaten the Lakers tonight. Our boys showed guts and toughness in coming back the way they did. We are fine. Now, let's kick some Tarheel ass.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 4th, 2010, 6:20 am

$10 says Maryland loses to Virginia on Saturday. Between the Duke curse, them being a different team on the road, UVA's senior night, and the emotional letdown from last night, I think the turtles blow it. Maryland played their best game of the season against us, and barely squeaked it out in an emotional, great win. I'm sure they partied all night. I could totally see them tripping over the Wahoos.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 4th, 2010, 7:38 am

bjornolf wrote:$10 says Maryland loses to Virginia on Saturday. Between the Duke curse, them being a different team on the road, UVA's senior night, and the emotional letdown from last night, I think the turtles blow it. Maryland played their best game of the season against us, and barely squeaked it out in an emotional, great win. I'm sure they partied all night. I could totally see them tripping over the Wahoos.

%%-
If Landesburg plays, the whos? have a shot. If he doesn't, the twerps win going away.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » March 4th, 2010, 9:09 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:$10 says Maryland loses to Virginia on Saturday. Between the Duke curse, them being a different team on the road, UVA's senior night, and the emotional letdown from last night, I think the turtles blow it. Maryland played their best game of the season against us, and barely squeaked it out in an emotional, great win. I'm sure they partied all night. I could totally see them tripping over the Wahoos.

%%-
If Landesburg plays, the whos? have a shot. If he doesn't, the twerps win going away.
Landesburg played 36 minutes and had 13 last night against BC. I hope he has 30 this weekend against the twerps! :ymsmug: AW.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 4th, 2010, 9:55 am

August West wrote:
devildeac wrote:

%%-
Landesburg played 36 minutes and had 13 last night against BC. I hope he has 30 this weekend against the twerps! :ymsmug: AW.
30 points or 30 minutes.

Or both. ;) :D
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 4th, 2010, 9:59 am

Everybody on the radio is talking about the Terps as co- regular season champs, and how they can't wait to see the banner go up. We don't hang banners for regular season championships, do we?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 4th, 2010, 10:02 am

bjornolf wrote:Everybody on the radio is talking about the Terps as co- regular season champs, and how they can't wait to see the banner go up. We don't hang banners for regular season championships, do we?

%%-
We do. It will say "regular season champions" at the bottom as opposed to ACC Champions. Assuming we take care of bidness and smack the holes on Saturday. KaRL hESS X(
wES jONES :ymsick:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 4th, 2010, 10:04 am

bjornolf wrote:Everybody on the radio is talking about the Terps as co- regular season champs, and how they can't wait to see the banner go up. We don't hang banners for regular season championships, do we?

%%-
Oh, if the whos? could only play a great game against their "rival" on Saturday and knock md outta that spot, assuming we do our part and take out the holes.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 4th, 2010, 10:50 am

I'm seeing some reports this morning of rioting in College Park last night, involving police and tear gas and arrests. Who storms the court and riots after a win over a team in a game where you're favored? Come on, people, show some class.

Oooh, and they burned a Duke jersey! Stay classy, Maryland. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 4th, 2010, 1:35 pm

devildeac wrote:X( :swear: :poo: :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-banghead: :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublegreen: :orcs-censored:

What he said! I really hate it when Duke loses. X( X( X(
Life is good!