Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

NJ Nets target Coach K

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 12th, 2010, 12:32 am

Yeah right, like this will happen
=)) =))

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Source_Mike_.html
“He’s the Nets’ first choice,” said an NBA source with knowledge of the organization’s thinking. “It comes down to if he wants to leave Duke and his comfortable setting and take on a new challenge.”

The Nets could also offer Krzyzewski the title of general manager. Both the coach and general manager posts, currently held by Kiki Vandeweghe, are expected to be available after the season.

Krzyzewski’s appeal is a given. He is a Hall of Fame coach, having won more than 75 percent of his games in college and three National titles. He would give the Nets’ instant credibility.

He’s also a proven recruiter, something that could come in handy this summer when the Nets need to make important sales pitches to marquee free agents with whom Krzyzewski has relationships.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: NJ Nets target Coach K

Post by devildeac » February 12th, 2010, 7:51 am

Jesus_hurley wrote:Yeah right, like this will happen
=)) =))

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Source_Mike_.html
“He’s the Nets’ first choice,” said an NBA source with knowledge of the organization’s thinking. “It comes down to if he wants to leave Duke and his comfortable setting and take on a new challenge.”

The Nets could also offer Krzyzewski the title of general manager. Both the coach and general manager posts, currently held by Kiki Vandeweghe, are expected to be available after the season.

Krzyzewski’s appeal is a given. He is a Hall of Fame coach, having won more than 75 percent of his games in college and three National titles. He would give the Nets’ instant credibility.

He’s also a proven recruiter, something that could come in handy this summer when the Nets need to make important sales pitches to marquee free agents with whom Krzyzewski has relationships.
Somehow I am less worried about this than his discussions with the Celts and Lakers.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 12th, 2010, 9:27 am

I'll reply to this thread the same way I replied over yonder...In Coach K's words.
"I'm not leaving Duke," Krzyzewski said. "Whatever you hear about anything like that, I would never leave Duke until I leave coaching. Anything else that's being said would be just somebody saying stuff."
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/coll ... =mirelated
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 12th, 2010, 5:32 pm

#1 story on PTI today.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 12th, 2010, 5:35 pm

If K goes to the Nets, I'll buy you all season tickets.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 12th, 2010, 5:53 pm

wilson wrote:If K goes to the Nets, I'll buy you all season tickets.
They might become available. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » February 13th, 2010, 4:53 pm

After the game, Krzyzewski refuted rumors that the New Jersey Nets were interested in him, first saying the team has not contacted him before cracking a few one-liners.
"The guy's Russian, right? You think he'd hire a Polish guy?" Krzyzewski quipped in reference to Mikhail Prokhorov, the Russian billionaire and the Nets' prospective buyer.
Then, he added with a laugh: "No one's contacted me, and if they do, I think 'nyet' would be easy for me to say."
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300440150
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 14th, 2010, 6:03 am

Native wrote:
After the game, Krzyzewski refuted rumors that the New Jersey Nets were interested in him, first saying the team has not contacted him before cracking a few one-liners.
"The guy's Russian, right? You think he'd hire a Polish guy?" Krzyzewski quipped in reference to Mikhail Prokhorov, the Russian billionaire and the Nets' prospective buyer.
Then, he added with a laugh: "No one's contacted me, and if they do, I think 'nyet' would be easy for me to say."
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300440150
That is such a great quote! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage