Prayers

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Prayers

Post by Rolvix » January 16th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Hey guys, our very good friend from Haiti, Bill Nathan, is being flown to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport as we speak. He fell seven stories during the earthquake and has been lying on a cot for the past few days. He has some back pain and definitely some internal damage and bleeding. Apparently he isn't doing well right now and passed out at some point during the flight. He's still breathing and there is an ambulance awaiting him at the airport to take him to a trauma center.

Now would be a great time for some prayers. Vibes are welcome as well but prayers are definitely needed.
Class of 2014
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: Prayers

Post by TillyGalore » January 16th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Vibes and prayers for your friend, Bill Nathan.

:YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
:YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 16th, 2010, 7:20 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Ditto from here. My church happened to have a mission team in Haiti when the quake hit, but all were fine, and they arrived back in Atlanta this afternoon, a couple of days late.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2010, 7:42 pm

many prayers and vibes for bill nation coming from efand. also, for every one there. also prayers and vibes for all people with ties to those who are there. :ymhug: :ymhug: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 16th, 2010, 7:44 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Vibes and prayers for your friend, Bill Nathan.

Ditto from here.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 16th, 2010, 7:57 pm

Count us among the most ardent vibers for your good buddy, Rolvix. We'll be vibing our heads off until we hear good news from you.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 16th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Sending the strongest prayers and vibes I can. I'm glad you started this thread, Robbie. Please keep us up to date on everyone. BTW, saw your Dad on the local news a few days ago along with a picture of you and others in Haiti. I was so proud. You guys rock!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 16th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Bill made it to the trauma center in Ft. Lauderdale and is being triaged right now.

If he is stable enough he will be transferred to New Bern because the hospital has agreed to treat Bill for free. (Potentially saving over $100,000 in the event surgery is needed) Right now I can't see that happening if he couldn't even stay conscious on the plane, but we can hope. I'll keep you updated.
Class of 2014
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Rolvix wrote:Bill made it to the trauma center in Ft. Lauderdale and is being triaged right now.

If he is stable enough he will be transferred to New Bern because the hospital has agreed to treat Bill for free. (Potentially saving over $100,000 in the event surgery is needed) Right now I can't see that happening if he couldn't even stay conscious on the plane, but we can hope. I'll keep you updated.
praying he makes a full recovery. hugs to you. :ymhug: :ymhug:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » January 17th, 2010, 7:14 am

Sending thoughts and prayers specifically for your friend and for all those in need from this terrible catastrophe. It's overwhelming to think about the suffering and pain. I hope we hear good news from you soon, Rolvix. In the meantime, hugs to you as you wait.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 17th, 2010, 8:50 am

Here's your good news shereec :D

Apparently they think Bill will be fine. He has internal bleeding, a disc problem, broken ribs, and an abrasion on his liver. He's in an immense amount of pain, but he will survive.

Sadly, the family from Raleigh has "claimed" him so he won't be coming to New Bern. Looks like I might be making a trip or two to Raleigh next week to see him while he is recovering!
Class of 2014
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 17th, 2010, 9:04 am

Rolvix wrote:Here's your good news shereec :D

Apparently they think Bill will be fine. He has internal bleeding, a disc problem, broken ribs, and an abrasion on his liver. He's in an immense amount of pain, but he will survive.

Sadly, the family from Raleigh has "claimed" him so he won't be coming to New Bern. Looks like I might be making a trip or two to Raleigh next week to see him while he is recovering!
So glad Bill is going to be okay.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » January 17th, 2010, 10:38 am

I'm glad it's good news. Now I'm off to bake brownies for the youth group bake sale for Haiti at out church. Yes, a bake sale. But it was the kids' idea.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » January 17th, 2010, 11:35 am

Rolvix wrote:Here's your good news shereec :D

So glad to hear this! Continued prayers for his recovery and your travels!
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » January 17th, 2010, 2:35 pm

So glad to hear he's going to be OK. Prayers for his continued recovery, and for everyone affected by the earthquake. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 17th, 2010, 3:23 pm

If anybody is looking to donate money to Haiti, www.heartswithhaiti.org is a great place. The donations go directly to St. Josephs and Wings of Hope. (My dad runs the website)
Class of 2014
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 17th, 2010, 4:02 pm

Rolvix wrote:If anybody is looking to donate money to Haiti, http://www.heartswithhaiti.org is a great place. The donations go directly to St. Josephs and Wings of Hope. (My dad runs the website)
I just made a donation. Let's give some Crazie love and support to the Haitian people.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 17th, 2010, 4:02 pm

Rolvix wrote:If anybody is looking to donate money to Haiti, http://www.heartswithhaiti.org is a great place. The donations go directly to St. Josephs and Wings of Hope. (My dad runs the website)
Our pastoral staff at church today changed their entire focus and spoke about this awful tragedy. We made a nice contribution and our members' donations will be distributed to organizations like the one Rolvix is talking about in addition to others groups with which some of our congregation work on a regular basis, especially Samaritan's Purse.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » January 17th, 2010, 4:30 pm

Many prayers and vibes for Bill from here. So sorry to here this news but so, VERY happy to read your latests posts that it looks like he will be okay!

Will continue to pray and send the vibes out to you, Bill, and for everyone dealing with this tragedy.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2010, 4:32 pm

DukePA wrote:
I just made a donation. Let's give some Crazie love and support to the Haitian people.
I made a donation to UMCOR today and sent up a prayer for CathyCA's friend Sam Dixon and all his family and friends.

This earthquake is just an unspeakable tragedy. As a whole our country is blessed, and this is a great opportunity for us to help our less fortunate brothers and sisters. Looking at the pictures of the devastation made me realize yet again how lucky I am. It's hard for me to justify spending money on stuff for myself when I see pictures of people's homes laid to rubble, and in many cases at least 2 of their homes would fit into my four walls.

Rolvix, I'm so glad to hear that your friend is going to be okay. Will continue to send prayers and vibes for his recovery.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein