Need good thoughts, please

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school

Need good thoughts, please

Post by gadzooks » December 31st, 2009, 1:04 pm

I just got a call from my sister; our eldest brother is in the hospital after having a heart attack. He's OK and is in the cath lab getting a stent put in right now, so that's a relief, but still really worrying news. My dad died from heart disease, though he survived for many years after some major heart attacks--he had cardiac bypass surgery done way back in 1969, when it was still an experimental procedure, and lived until 1996--my mom had a heart attack 5 years ago, and my other brother had a cardiac incident a few years ago, so it's just really upsetting for it to hit yet another family member. If you have any spare prayers or positive thoughts to spare for Jim, and for his wife, Lynn, for having to spend her New Year's Eve at the hospital, I'd really appreciate it. :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Need good thoughts, please

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 31st, 2009, 1:16 pm

Vibing away :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 31st, 2009, 1:17 pm

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 31st, 2009, 1:43 pm

Vibing and praying for a speedy recovery for your brother! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 31st, 2009, 2:23 pm

Prayers, vibes, and healing thoughts heading to Jim and Lynn and all the family.

And :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to you - having a brother in the hospital is very scary. I hope he lives in the same area that you can visit easily.
Life is good!
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » December 31st, 2009, 2:41 pm

Unfortunately he lives in CO and I'm in NJ. They were making plans to come visit at the end of January, so hopefully I'll get to see him soon. :sigh:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 31st, 2009, 5:27 pm

The strongest of our vibes coming your way. May your heart lighten as news of his continued recovery reaches you. Breathe, relax and feel the CTN support surround you. It's a wide network that links us all. And it's very powerful. I know.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 31st, 2009, 6:03 pm

BZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » December 31st, 2009, 6:30 pm

Thanks for all the good thoughts, everybody. Y'all really are a good bunch. :Heartthrob: I just talked to Jim a few minutes ago, and he's doing well; the surgery went great and he's resting and feeling pretty good all things considered.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 31st, 2009, 6:56 pm

Glad to hear he's doing well, Gadzooks. Vibes coming for continued recovery and good health.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 31st, 2009, 8:33 pm

Healing vibes and prayers for your brother, and strength vibes and prayers for you and your sis-in-law. I pray your brother is out of the hospital and back to "normal" activities very, very soon.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 31st, 2009, 8:36 pm

gadzooks wrote:Thanks for all the good thoughts, everybody. Y'all really are a good bunch. :Heartthrob: I just talked to Jim a few minutes ago, and he's doing well; the surgery went great and he's resting and feeling pretty good all things considered.
That's great news.

Given your family cardiac history, has your doctor said anything to you about your health? I hope you're okay. :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 31st, 2009, 8:48 pm

prayers and vibes coming your way for you and your family. i'm so happy your brothers surgery went well. :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » December 31st, 2009, 9:48 pm

Lavabe wrote:Given your family cardiac history, has your doctor said anything to you about your health? I hope you're okay. :-bd
I had a stress test and ekg done last year and all was fine, though I definitely will be getting regular checkups and start being more careful with the diet and exercise. It's some scary stuff. :-s
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 31st, 2009, 11:07 pm

Keep a good thought and know that best wishes, vibes and hugs are coming to your whole family!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 1st, 2010, 12:09 am

gadzooks wrote:I just got a call from my sister; our eldest brother is in the hospital after having a heart attack. He's OK and is in the cath lab getting a stent put in right now, so that's a relief, but still really worrying news. My dad died from heart disease, though he survived for many years after some major heart attacks--he had cardiac bypass surgery done way back in 1969, when it was still an experimental procedure, and lived until 1996--my mom had a heart attack 5 years ago, and my other brother had a cardiac incident a few years ago, so it's just really upsetting for it to hit yet another family member. If you have any spare prayers or positive thoughts to spare for Jim, and for his wife, Lynn, for having to spend her New Year's Eve at the hospital, I'd really appreciate it. :(
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a minimal amount of heart damage. This is the kind of stuff I do for a livelihood so send me a PM if you have any questions/concerns.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 1st, 2010, 12:12 am

gadzooks wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Given your family cardiac history, has your doctor said anything to you about your health? I hope you're okay. :-bd
I had a stress test and ekg done last year and all was fine, though I definitely will be getting regular checkups and start being more careful with the diet and exercise. It's some scary stuff. :-s
All other family members need to be tested for diabetes and lipid disorders. Soon. That's in addition to all the other risk factors that can be changed including smoking, obesity and hypertension.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 1st, 2010, 12:17 am

Love, prayers and heart vibes headed to CO for your brother, and to NJ for you, Gadzooks!

:Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard: :Heartthrob: :wizard:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » January 1st, 2010, 12:46 am

A healthy dose of :wizard: from me too!!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 1st, 2010, 6:09 am

:ymhug: :ympray: :wizard: :Heartthrob:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage