Nice board!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

McGrupp
PW in training
PW in training

Nice board!

Post by McGrupp » April 8th, 2009, 11:31 pm

Hi everyone. I don't know most of you, but I know a few. Just wanted to drop in and wish you the best in this new board. I probably won't be very active here, but I'll likely lurk from time to time.

I was a very active poster on DBR several years ago and left for pretty much the exact same reasons that inspired the creation of this board (though different individuals were in charge then). I've been down the road you are traveling, and I'm very interested in seeing how a new community develops here.

Best wishes.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: Nice board!

Post by colchar » April 8th, 2009, 11:38 pm

McGrupp wrote:Hi everyone. I don't know most of you, but I know a few. Just wanted to drop in and wish you the best in this new board. I probably won't be very active here, but I'll likely lurk from time to time.

I was a very active poster on DBR several years ago and left for pretty much the exact same reasons that inspired the creation of this board (though different individuals were in charge then). I've been down the road you are traveling, and I'm very interested in seeing how a new community develops here.

Best wishes.

Great to hear from you - it's been too long.

And yes, it will be interesting to see how this community develops. Some of us were talking on Facebook (that is how this site came to be) so we already know each other (not that you needed to be told that) and I think that will help this place take off. Once more people get to know about it, the infusion of new blood will help as well - integrating the newcomers into the existing community should be interesting. Plus, I think the style of this site will be a lot more easygoing than what we were used to over at DBR and that will also help to make this place unique.

Now we just need a couple of people to write the required stickies...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 8th, 2009, 11:39 pm

Welcome! I hope you'll stay around for the fun.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
McGrupp
PW in training
PW in training

Post by McGrupp » April 8th, 2009, 11:46 pm

colchar wrote:Plus, I think the style of this site will be a lot more easygoing than what we were used to over at DBR...
You don't say!

Moderation is very tricky. I tend to believe "less is more" where moderation is concerned, but whatever is decided, it ain't easy.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 8th, 2009, 11:51 pm

McGrupp wrote:Hi everyone. I don't know most of you, but I know a few. Just wanted to drop in and wish you the best in this new board. I probably won't be very active here, but I'll likely lurk from time to time.
Best wishes.
Thanks very much for dropping by and the wishes. Stop by anytime and help us be the best we can be. Or the worst, which is often good enough. :mrgreen:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 9th, 2009, 12:17 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
McGrupp wrote:Or the worst, which is often good enough.
And far more likely.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 9th, 2009, 8:01 am

Best wishes.
Welcome McGrupp! It is not everyone who has an entire Duke basketball ticket procurement method named after him! 8-) :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 9th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Wow... McGrupp is back!!

This just made me smile.

WELCOME!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 9th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Lavabe wrote:Wow... McGrupp is back!!

This just made me smile.

WELCOME!!

Have you ever seen Lemur Street? I caught an episode recently and thought it was great.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 9th, 2009, 5:11 pm

colchar wrote:

This just made me smile.

WELCOME!!

Have you ever seen Lemur Street? I caught an episode recently and thought it was great.
I better double check on this. Is this the ringtailed lemur show? :?:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 9th, 2009, 6:22 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:

This just made me smile.

WELCOME!!

I better double check on this. Is this the ringtailed lemur show? :?:

Yes. The narrator had a British accent so I assume it was a BBC production or something. They made it sound as if they were talking about urban groups when talking about the Lemurs.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 9th, 2009, 6:22 pm

— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 9th, 2009, 9:56 pm

Welcome McGrupp, hope to see inspiring thoughts in the days ahead!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 9th, 2009, 10:02 pm

Screaming Howling Panic Lemurs.

I went to youtube to see if I could find Lemur Street. Instead I found a bunch of vidoes including this one, the red-ruffed lemur. It sounds like screaming howling panic lemurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJaSJxd ... re=related
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 4:04 am

TillyGalore wrote:
I went to youtube to see if I could find Lemur Street.

I'm hoping it will be on again soon as I'd like to record all of the episodes - especially as I have access to an expert if I happen to have any questions!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Best wishes.
Welcome, old friend. Please visit often.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 2:41 pm

devildeac wrote:

Best wishes.
Please visit often.

I couldn't agree more.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » September 7th, 2010, 11:06 am

Best wishes.
McGrupp,

Thanks! And it was nice to see the banners for Crazietalk on Saturday! Surely, T-shirts are around the corner!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 7th, 2010, 11:47 am

Holy necro-thread Batman...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------