Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 14th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Any word yet on his condition? :ympray: Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Renfree

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Any word yet on his condition? :ympray: Love, Ima
The words "blowout" and "knee" were mentioned on the dbr. I'll PM dd2012 and see if he can/will provide info tomorrow.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 15th, 2009, 10:00 am

devildeac wrote:
The words "blowout" and "knee" were mentioned on the dbr. I'll PM dd2012 and see if he can/will provide info tomorrow.
Did this injury have anything to do with his height? :)) So many times the commentary and analysis on anything related to our quarterbacks seems to be related to their heights.......
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 15th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Did this injury have anything to do with his height? :)) So many times the commentary and analysis on anything related to our quarterbacks seems to be related to their heights.......
From this AM's n&o, Cut said it would be evaluated today and a report issued.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 15th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Torn ACL. Out 4-6 months.

*^$@
and
&%#!
and
+<")
and

:poo: :poo: :poo:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 9:36 pm

devildeac wrote:Torn ACL. Out 4-6 months.

*^$@
and
&%#!
and
+<")
and

Thats too bad. Tough for anyone but for an athlete, too much. :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 15th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Better now than next year.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 15th, 2009, 9:53 pm

According to another really big Duke football fan, our true freshman (redshirting) QB, Sean Schroeder, may be better than Renfree. There was going to be a big competition next spring and fall for the starting job anyway. But I really like Renfree, and hope his knee heals quickly and he can rehab it to be able to play next season. Otherwise, maybe he can get a medical redshirt and get a 6th year of eligibility (if he wants it).
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 15th, 2009, 10:20 pm

*^$@
and
&%#!
and
+<")
and

If there's a way to minimize the procedure and recovery for Sean, Dr. Moorman's the man to see to it.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2009, 10:34 pm

*^$@
and
&%#!
and
+<")
and

If there's a way to minimize the procedure and recovery for Sean, Dr. Moorman's the man to see to it.
Absolutely! Tee Moorman is my mom's orthopedic surgeon. She :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: him. He's refurbished my mom's completely blown out shoulder. If he can fix that, he can fix anything.

Did I mention that Mom :Heartthrob: him?

I hope that Sean is up and feeling better soon, and competing for that starting QB slot in the late summer!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 15th, 2009, 10:43 pm

CathyCA wrote:

*^$@
and
&%#!
and
+<")
and

Absolutely! Tee Moorman is my mom's orthopedic surgeon. She :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: him. He's refurbished my mom's completely blown out shoulder. If he can fix that, he can fix anything.

I hope that Sean is up and feeling better soon, and competing for that starting QB slot in the late summer!
If he fixed your Mom's shoulder, he may not be the guy to do the reconstructive knee surgery. These ortho guys now like/try to concentrate on upper or lower extremity surgeries or even limiting their practices to hands or backs and not operating on hips or other orthopedic injuries/problems.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 16th, 2009, 5:32 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Absolutely! Tee Moorman is my mom's orthopedic surgeon. She :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: him. He's refurbished my mom's completely blown out shoulder. If he can fix that, he can fix anything.

If he fixed your Mom's shoulder, he may not be the guy to do the reconstructive knee surgery. These ortho guys now like/try to concentrate on upper or lower extremity surgeries or even limiting their practices to hands or backs and not operating on hips or other orthopedic injuries/problems.

Dr. Moorman is the Man. Without breaking any HIPPA rules, Dr. M was asked to evaluate an NFL QB who is really, really good and playing really, really well.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 16th, 2009, 8:48 am

TillyGalore wrote:Dr. Moorman is the Man. Without breaking any HIPPA rules, Dr. M was asked to evaluate an NFL QB who is really, really good and playing really, really well.
You mean, what's his name on the Panthers? :)) =)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 16th, 2009, 9:05 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: Absolutely! Tee Moorman is my mom's orthopedic surgeon. She :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: him. He's refurbished my mom's completely blown out shoulder. If he can fix that, he can fix anything.

Dr. Moorman specializes in knees and shoulders. I've seen him for both. He's an ace at minimally invasive procedures. Before he came back to Duke, I think he was one of the team physicians at Maryland. His last job before returning to head up Sports Medicine at Duke was as team physician for the Ravens. He's well known nationally for work on both areas of specialization. Plus you can talk football with him when you go for your appointments!!!!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 16th, 2009, 9:11 am

devildeac wrote:

Dr. Moorman specializes in knees and shoulders. I've seen him for both. He's an ace at minimally invasive procedures. Before he came back to Duke, I think he was one of the team physicians at Maryland. His last job before returning to head up Sports Medicine at Duke was as team physician for the Ravens. He's well known nationally for work on both areas of specialization. Plus you can talk football with him when you go for your appointments!!!!!!
Dr. Moorman it is then. Interesting combination. Some of the ortho hand guys won't work on anything above the elbow. Some of them will just do hip replacements. Other guys will just operate on knees.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 16th, 2009, 9:27 am

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote: Dr. Moorman specializes in knees and shoulders. I've seen him for both. He's an ace at minimally invasive procedures. Before he came back to Duke, I think he was one of the team physicians at Maryland. His last job before returning to head up Sports Medicine at Duke was as team physician for the Ravens. He's well known nationally for work on both areas of specialization. Plus you can talk football with him when you go for your appointments!!!!!!
Dr. Moorman it is then. Interesting combination. Some of the ortho hand guys won't work on anything above the elbow. Some of them will just do hip replacements. Other guys will just operate on knees.
I suspect the choice of specialization in this case has more to do with football than with the geography of anatomy. He's got a charming way of interacting with patients and doesn't waste time with unnecessary formalities.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 16th, 2009, 9:50 am

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Dr. Moorman is the Man. Without breaking any HIPPA rules, Dr. M was asked to evaluate an NFL QB who is really, really good and playing really, really well.
You mean, what's his name on the Panthers? :)) =)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))
She said "really, really good and playing really, really well." So it can't be Delhomme. =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » November 16th, 2009, 10:49 am

Well, that really stinks about the ACL. Good news that he's got a really good doc--though at Duke, that comes as no surprise. If an athlete absolutely has to get hurt, this is the place to do it. (What's the smiley for mixed blessings? :( )
CowboyDevil
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by CowboyDevil » November 25th, 2009, 12:27 am

It is unfortunate for Renfree. I wish him a speedy recovery. Dr. Moorman is the best in the business. (I hear)

I hope Coach does not blow Schroeder's red-shirt. We need to beat Wake Forest, badly. But not at the expense of his red-shirt.

GO DUKE! BEAT WAKE!! GTHC..GTH!!!

ps DAVID CUTCLIFFE, ACC COACH OF THE YEAR. PASS IT ON!! :ymdevil:
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 25th, 2009, 9:21 am

Apparently, Sean has had his surgery in the past couple of days and the procedure went well. He's expected to be rehabbed enough to have a limited role in spring practice and be back at full capacity in the fall. (Turns out his dad is an orthopod.)