The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 21st, 2013, 12:45 pm

Good Morning!!

Game Day! Game Face!!! Let's Go Duke! The girls Basketball team plays Vanderbilt at home tonight! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 21st, 2013, 3:08 pm

CathyCA wrote:We had 690 defendants in one courtroom and 891 defendants in the other courtroom this morning. (I am not exaggerating. You can check out our county's court calendars online to verify the numbers.) Naturally, rather than staying put, my clients decided that it would be much more fun and more efficient to roam the hallways looking for me rather than staying put in their assigned courtrooms until I arrived. Because it was a heavy calendar load type of day, I got very good deals worked out for both of my clients, and I am now back in the office.

Good morning!

:9f:
Dang! How often do you end up with this many in court? Was this a docket call? Traffic court?

We had a crowd on Monday, but it was just docket call for the new Circuit Court term, also known as "lawgrad and tigerdevil check out neck tats" day. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 21st, 2013, 7:55 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:We had 690 defendants in one courtroom and 891 defendants in the other courtroom this morning. (I am not exaggerating. You can check out our county's court calendars online to verify the numbers.) Naturally, rather than staying put, my clients decided that it would be much more fun and more efficient to roam the hallways looking for me rather than staying put in their assigned courtrooms until I arrived. Because it was a heavy calendar load type of day, I got very good deals worked out for both of my clients, and I am now back in the office.

Good morning!

Dang! How often do you end up with this many in court? Was this a docket call? Traffic court?

We had a crowd on Monday, but it was just docket call for the new Circuit Court term, also known as "lawgrad and tigerdevil check out neck tats" day. :9f:
Every now and then we wind up with this many people in one courtroom. Today was unusual in that we had two overflowing courtrooms.

One was traffic court. My client was charged with simple affray because he stood in the middle of the street and yelled, "This is F***ed up! F*** this sh**!" when the cops came to speak to his friend who now resides in training school. This client was wise enough to bring his sweet grandmother to court with him today and I was able to work out a dismissal with the prosecutor who wasn't born yet when I graduated from law school.

The other courtroom was low-level felony docket call, or "Guess Who Went to the County Fair and Got Arrested for Doing Something Stupid Like Sell OXYCOTTON to a Narc Day." <-----that is the way the cop spelled it repeatedly on the warrant.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 21st, 2013, 8:32 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Good morning!

Every now and then we wind up with this many people in one courtroom. Today was unusual in that we had two overflowing courtrooms.

One was traffic court. My client was charged with simple affray because he stood in the middle of the street and yelled, "This is F***ed up! F*** this sh**!" when the cops came to speak to his friend who now resides in training school. This client was wise enough to bring his sweet grandmother to court with him today and I was able to work out a dismissal with the prosecutor who wasn't born yet when I graduated from law school.

The other courtroom was low-level felony docket call, or "Guess Who Went to the County Fair and Got Arrested for Doing Something Stupid Like Sell OXYCOTTON to a Narc Day." <-----that is the way the cop spelled it repeatedly on the warrant.

I see "oxycotton" cases sometimes, and we occasionally have people under the influence of "alchol." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » November 22nd, 2013, 5:04 am

Good "TGIF" morning. Coach Cutcliffe still hanging at #12 when I voted a minute ago.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 22nd, 2013, 8:24 am

Good morning. It's so nice to be home for the moment. This morning, we are going to Kenansville. We will visit with Max's grandmother, bless her, she has Alzheimers. We then will go to the event center and check out the Big Buck Tournament. Mark has been coordinated it for over 10 years. It's the big fund raiser for the Lions Club. They only have about 15 members but raise well over 10,000.00 with this event. Tonight, James Kenan football. This is the 3rd playoff game. Go JK, go Max.

:happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 22nd, 2013, 8:24 am

Good morning. ~O)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » November 22nd, 2013, 9:00 am

Good morning all! We have been welcomed home by snow! Yep, snow this morning! If we didn't have those grandkids here, the moving truck would be loaded and on it's way to NC! Thanks once again to everyone who helped make our trip fabulous! Can't wait to visit again! :ymhug: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 22nd, 2013, 9:16 am

Good morning. Mom is coming in for Thanksgiving today, so I have taken the day off to finish up the cleaning. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 22nd, 2013, 9:30 am

IowaDevil wrote:Good morning all! We have been welcomed home by snow! Yep, snow this morning! If we didn't have those grandkids here, the moving truck would be loaded and on it's way to NC! Thanks once again to everyone who helped make our trip fabulous! Can't wait to visit again! :ymhug: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
Glad you made it home safely! The highlight of your trip for me was the opportunity to meet you briefly before the game.

Good morning all!
Life is good!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 22nd, 2013, 12:47 pm

Good Morning!!!

Also, the verdict of Crystal Mangum (accuser of Duke Lacrosse)......... just found GUILTY of 2nd degree murder. They handcuffed her in the court room. It was live on TV

Wral.com
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 23rd, 2013, 6:02 am

Good morning.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 23rd, 2013, 6:31 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....game day! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 23rd, 2013, 7:02 am

Good morning! Game day! Beat Deacs! ~O)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » November 23rd, 2013, 7:33 am

Good morning. GO DUKE!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 23rd, 2013, 9:15 am

Good morning. So far, it's been a fantastic sports week. Vibing for a big win :duke: today. James Kenan and Orange both won last night. Duke FH off the the championship game. Orange HS wrestling has a match today. :wizard: :wizard: I'm hoping for a win. Some of the wrestlers are still playing football.
:happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » November 23rd, 2013, 9:58 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:Good morning all! We have been welcomed home by snow! Yep, snow this morning! If we didn't have those grandkids here, the moving truck would be loaded and on it's way to NC! Thanks once again to everyone who helped make our trip fabulous! Can't wait to visit again! :ymhug: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
Glad you made it home safely! The highlight of your trip for me was the opportunity to meet you briefly before the game.

Good morning all!
Good morning all! Tis only 12 here in a very windy Iowa! I repeat...if it was not for the grandkids here, I'd be heading back to NC!

Thanks DinK! I have to say the same to you! We need to meet again and spend some time! The Old Ref comes to KC a lot - are you close to KC? I could ride along sometime! :) I see a plan coming together!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 23rd, 2013, 10:11 am

Good morning. Beat Wake. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 23rd, 2013, 12:07 pm

Good Morning!!! Game Day! Game Face!!!

Let's Go Duke! Beat Wake! :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: