LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2009, 2:01 pm

Only 2 pages to skip since I last looked. Y'all are slacking off!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:02 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Yes! We have posted about this before.

You're a Super Taster, too.
I don't think they are necessarily mutually exclusive. In the VAST majority of cases, I fall in the middle somewhere. I believe I fall in the "sensitive taster" category, but not quite the super taster. I think non super tasters CAN have an aversion to saccharin, and I think some super tasters DON'T have the aversion. I don't think one necessarily HAS to follow the other. I think it actually falls on a different part of the same chromosome, genetically.

%%-
I don't think I can be a supertaster, since they are also supposed to have aversions to things like coffee (clearly not) and spicy foods (definitely not).
I don't like coffee, unless it's served with a lot of cream and sugar.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 2:03 pm

CathyCA wrote:I don't like coffee, unless it's served with a lot of cream and sugar.

...and I would call that destroying a good cup of coffee :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:04 pm

bjornolf wrote:I also came across this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... n%20crazie

%%-
I gave it a thumbs-up.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:06 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) I am regular, you are regular, there is TV station down the street! You may look like a celebrity, but not I so we are half way there!!!! Split the difference with you? ;)
That TV station barely produces its own news shows. Ya think they'd put us on TV? Only if we showed up on the police blotter.

LOL - OR we could go sit by the traffic cam and wave!!! :-h :-h :-h :-h :)) :)) :))
The TV station near my house doesn't have a traffic cam.

The TV station that has a traffic cam is out of Washington, N.C. Their morning traffic cam always cracks me up. There are never more than 3 cars going down the street when they show the scene.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:07 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote: Wanna know something weird? I hate milk. Loathe it. Can't stomach it.

But I LOOOOOVVVVVVVE chocolate milk. Odd huh?
I hate milk, too. When I was in Head Start (yes, my parents were THAT poor), my teacher made me drink my milk at lunch one day. I told her that I didn't like it. She told me that I WOULD drink it. In fact, she stood over me until I drank it.

And 30 seconds after I drank it, she was running off to find a mop and some towels because I regurgitated the milk and the cheeseburger I'd eaten all over the cafeteria table. And after she cleaned all that up, she put me in her car and she drove me home.

That teacher also taught me in second grade. She never, ever insisted again that I drink my milk.

Nor did any other teacher. Word gets around.
OH NO, that's soo sad!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Did your mom or dad come to the school to have a talk with that teacher?
No, see paragraph 2 above. I did all the necessary communicating for my family that day.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:09 pm

cl15876 wrote:
windsor wrote:I like chocolate milk....I don't like 'plain' milk...unless

1) warm chocolate chip cookies
2) chocolate cake
3) chocolate brownies

are available. Then I will drink regular milk.
What about OREOS?

I love whole MILK, 1/2% milk, can't understand why anyone would want to drink skim milk and I love Chocolate Milk!!! I can handle strawberry milk, but these days, only buy it for my daughter who loves it in moderation.
You left some chocolate milk in my fridge.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:10 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Did I say I love coffee?
I have a bag of Starbucks Anniversary Blend on my desk. It was a gift from a client.

I would have preferred a thank-you note to a bag of coffee.
Congratulations! Can you take a picture of it with self-scribed commentary so you can put in the accolades notebook? Then we can drink that coffee!!!!! Yummmm!!!! ;)
I put it upstairs with the Krups machine.

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 2:11 pm

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Yes! We have posted about this before.

You're a Super Taster, too.
I don't think they are necessarily mutually exclusive. In the VAST majority of cases, I fall in the middle somewhere. I believe I fall in the "sensitive taster" category, but not quite the super taster. I think non super tasters CAN have an aversion to saccharin, and I think some super tasters DON'T have the aversion. I don't think one necessarily HAS to follow the other. I think it actually falls on a different part of the same chromosome, genetically.

%%-
GAH, you've thought about this a lot, haven't you?

I just think that artificial sweeteners taste bitter and they linger way too long.

And my cousin, the nutrition professor, calls me a "SuperTaster."
What does GAH mean?

I didn't think about it a lot, just learned about it in school. You could very well be a "super taster". I didn't mean to imply that you weren't. What level of "taster" you are depends on the number of taste buds per square inch of tongue you have. Your ability to taste artificial sweeteners in a genetic predisposition independent of your number of taste buds. However, the number of taste buds could potentially affect the LEVEL of your revulsion. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:13 pm

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Found this on the sixth or so page: http://crazietalk.wordpress.com/

%%-
In my estimation, that site is for the most part a needless pastiche of the DBArr! :ar! , to say nothing of the fact that it's a blatant usurpation of our moniker.
pastiche

I love the way that word sounds.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:15 pm

cl15876 wrote:
wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:OK, so I'm ogling.
And the left ring finger is bare...always good.
Blonde, Brunette, Red Head or multi colored with blue, purple, etc.?
Why does this even matter to you?

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 2:16 pm

If I want to display something, like a You tube video, how do I know which numbers to put in the flash bracket? I assume it's a size, but how do I know what size to put in there? I tried a few random ones, but they didn't work.

Thanks.

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on September 9th, 2009, 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:19 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote: I don't think they are necessarily mutually exclusive. In the VAST majority of cases, I fall in the middle somewhere. I believe I fall in the "sensitive taster" category, but not quite the super taster. I think non super tasters CAN have an aversion to saccharin, and I think some super tasters DON'T have the aversion. I don't think one necessarily HAS to follow the other. I think it actually falls on a different part of the same chromosome, genetically.

%%-
GAH, you've thought about this a lot, haven't you?

I just think that artificial sweeteners taste bitter and they linger way too long.

And my cousin, the nutrition professor, calls me a "SuperTaster."
What does GAH mean?

I didn't think about it a lot, just learned about it in school. You could very well be a "super taster". I didn't mean to imply that you weren't. What level of "taster" you are depends on the number of taste buds per square inch of tongue you have. Your ability to taste artificial sweeteners in a genetic predisposition independent of your number of taste buds. However, the number of taste buds could potentially affect the LEVEL of your revulsion. ;)

%%-
It's an interjection

Interjections (Hey!) show excitement (Yow!) or emotion (Ouch!).
They're generally set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point,
Or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2009, 2:33 pm

The one thread over yonder that looked interesting was closed after about 5 posts. It's the "how famous are you on DBR" thread. No explanation for the closing. Goofiness.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:The one thread over yonder that looked interesting was closed after about 5 posts. It's the "how famous are you on DBR" thread. No explanation for the closing. Goofiness.
How famous are you on CTN?

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2009, 2:38 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:The one thread over yonder that looked interesting was closed after about 5 posts. It's the "how famous are you on DBR" thread. No explanation for the closing. Goofiness.
Dunno, want my autograph? :))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:40 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Dunno, want my autograph? :))
But, of course! Will you pose for a picture with me?

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:41 pm

Only 55 more posts until I pass Ozzie.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:41 pm

That probably won't happen any time soon.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 2:42 pm

He'll surge ahead of me.

~ James Naismith