NASCAR 2011

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2011

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 7:59 pm

15 laps to go
Smoke by 1.4 seconds
Smoke, Edwards, Kes, Truex, Kenseth, Blech, JG, Bowyer, KK, Harvick
Smith: 16
Dinger: 17
Menard: 18
Bayne: 22
Labonte: 28
Gilliland: 33
Ambrose: 39
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 8:05 pm

6 laps to go
Kes comes in for fuel
Smoke leads by 1.0 seconds
Smoke, Edwards, Truex, Kenseth, JG, Bowyer, KK, Harvick, Hamlin
Dinger: 15
Smith: 14
Menard: 16
Bayne: 25
Kes: 23
Labonte: 27
Gilliland: 33
Ambrose: 39
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 8:08 pm

SMOKE WINS THE CHASE!! HE WINS THE RACE!!
Smoke, Edwards, Truex, Kenseth, JG, Bowyer, KK, Harvick, Hamlin, Burton
Jr, Newman, Smith,, Mac, Dinger, Menard, Vickers, Reut, Logano, Kes
Bliss, Kvapil, Blech, MM, Bayne, Mears, Labonte, Blaney, Bell, Bodine
JPM, JJ, Gilliland, Kurt, Biff, Cassill, Whitt, Ragan, Ambrose, etc...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 8:16 pm

In Fantasy League, according to my initial calculations, Tilly won the race.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » November 20th, 2011, 8:39 pm

A rocking good time!
Tilly may have won the race, but me thinks Lavabe took the title. All hail the 2011 King of CTN race LAVABE!! :ymapplause: :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^
knights68

Post by knights68 » November 20th, 2011, 8:39 pm

TILLY HAS MADE ME SSSOOOO PROUD!! :ymhug: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
(Eat your heart out guys!! she is aaallll mine!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 20th, 2011, 9:15 pm

Congratulations to Lavabe for once again winning the CTN NASCAR fantasy league. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Lavabe wrote:In Fantasy League, according to my initial calculations, Tilly won the race.
Tilly had a MONSTER week, earning 360 points, vs. knights' 336 pts, then my 327, colchar's 323 pts, and Ymo's 232 pts. Hurray for the Duchess!!!! That was a BIG score!!

I wound up with 9838 pts, enough for the 97th percentile, finishing in 6,020th place. I wound up 20 pts behind one of the experts, Jay Busbee. In our league, I wound up 261 pts ahead of knights, who led Ymo by 140 pts, who led colchar by 262 pts, who beat Tilly by 310 pts.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 9:22 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Congratulations to Lavabe for once again winning the CTN NASCAR fantasy league. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Thank you, Duchess!! Guess I'll have to change my signature. :ymdevil:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 9:26 pm

knights68 wrote:A rocking good time!
Tilly may have won the race, but me thinks Lavabe took the title. All hail the 2011 King of CTN race LAVABE!! :ymapplause: :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^
You had a great start to the playoffs, but I somehow managed to string together a few wins. Thanks for a great competition!!

I suspect we will all be in trouble next year, as devildeac's newest son-in-law will probably join our league next year. He's a Jeff Gordon fan, but he texted me congratulations as soon as Smoke won today. :ymapplause:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 20th, 2011, 9:28 pm

knights68 wrote:TILLY HAS MADE ME SSSOOOO PROUD!! :ymhug: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
(Eat your heart out guys!! she is aaallll mine!
:dance: \:d/ :-BD :ymparty:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 20th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Congrats to our Champion!

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Now that Lavabe has established a winning in alternating years trend, I wonder if I can live up to his example and continue that trend next year?

And far far more importantly - I wonder what the Group C list is going to look like next year? I thought this year's list was terrible and I think we all got into trouble with regards to running out of picks, or coming close to doing so, with the two or three decent drivers that they had included on that list.

And does anyone else think we need a trophy smilie of some sort that can be presented at the end of our season? Perhaps something that Lavabe can include in his sig? Maybe we should tell CB&B to get on that!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 28th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Last week: Steve Addington leaves, and is no longer Kurt Busch's crew chief.
Last week: Kurt Busch gets fined by NASCAR and reprimanded by his sponsor for his obscene gesture and scumbag behavior towards the media during the Homestead race.
This week: Steve Addington becomes Tony Stewart's crew chief.

YEAH!!
:ymapplause: :-BD
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » December 5th, 2011, 5:15 pm

OMG!!! Kurt Busch and Penske racing have parted ways mutually!!

SOMEWHERE, TILLY IS DOING A HAPPY DANCE!!
^:)^ :pickle:

I wonder if David Ragan goes to Penske...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 5th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Lavabe wrote:OMG!!! Kurt Busch and Penske racing have parted ways mutually!!

SOMEWHERE, TILLY IS DOING A HAPPY DANCE!!
^:)^ :pickle:

I wonder if David Ragan goes to Penske...
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 6th, 2011, 9:31 am

I'm not sure how mutual it was as this article says he was fired:

http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/201 ... cers-.html
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » December 6th, 2011, 11:16 am

colchar wrote:I'm not sure how mutual it was as this article says he was fired:

espn had it as a "mutual parting," and interviews with Busch and Penske revealed the identical phrasing.

Having said that, Busch has begun attending sessions with a sports psychologist (apparently, as recommended by Smoke, JJ, and Jeff Gordon). Dude has LOTS of issues.

As I stated in an earlier post, Shell was pissed at Busch, and reprimanded him for his behavior. That was ultimately the big clue. You don't go pissing off the sponsor.

According to espn, among the candidates to replace Busch are Ragan, Reutimann, and Vickers. Ragan has received his release from Roush. Reutimann received his release from Michael Waltrip racing DURING the Chase, and Vickers raced for the soon-to-be-defunct Red Bull Racing team.

I really hope Red Bull stays together with Vickers. Kahne really showed that Red Bull had a good setup.

In news about other fiery NASCAR racers, JPMontoya's crew chief, Pattie, is heading over to be the crew chief for Bowyer.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 6th, 2011, 11:42 am

If true, even better.

Now, what will it take for JGR to fire the other :ymsick: .
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 6th, 2011, 7:07 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

If true, even better.

Now, what will it take for JGR to fire the other :ymsick: .

Another public fuck up?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 6th, 2011, 7:17 pm

This was today at Richard Childress Racing, just south of Winston-Salem in the remote Welcome NC.
http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/arti ... ion-At-RCR
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"