Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 10:38 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Can someone explain to me Gatorade G2? Who the heck wants to drink artificial sweetener when they want a refreshing drink after exercising?

I continue to pump as many artifical sweeteners and preservatives into my body so as to save it for all posterity. :-j
Is anyone else here like me who thinks artificial sweeteners taste bitter and gross? I'd rather drink water than anything with artificial sweetener in it.
-- DukeUsul
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:38 am

bjornolf wrote:Oops you posted before me. I think this one does it.

%%-
Yep, we are definitely there...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:39 am

DukeUsul wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Can someone explain to me Gatorade G2? Who the heck wants to drink artificial sweetener when they want a refreshing drink after exercising?

I continue to pump as many artifical sweeteners and preservatives into my body so as to save it for all posterity. :-j
Is anyone else here like me who thinks artificial sweeteners taste bitter and gross? I'd rather drink water than anything with artificial sweetener in it.
They are in some ways too sweet IMHO.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:39 am

bjornolf wrote:We're at 9298. I think that's doable unless you're leaving in the next ten seconds.

%%-
Okay, maybe I'll stick around until there are under 600 posts to go.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 10:40 am

Just wasted an hour of my life I"ll never get back....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 10:40 am

our annual 'sexual harrasment training' webinar.....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 10:41 am

it would be much more interesting if they would provide creative ways to harrass people. :ymsmug:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:42 am

windsor wrote:our annual 'sexual harrasment training' webinar.....
My word, what they'll put out via the web for training these days.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 10:43 am

DukeUsul wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

Yes, I've posted on here before about it. The ability to taste saccharin and other artificial sweeteners is genetic. If you can taste them, you're NOT going to like that kind of stuff no matter what. When I was in 7th grade, our science teacher did an experiment with us. He said that if you licked the saccharin strips he provided and tasted something bitter, you would never like diet coke, but that if you licked it and couldn't taste anything, then you might as well drink diet. We had all kinds in our class. Some couldn't taste anything, some were slightly put off by it. I almost puked. I had the most violent reaction he'd ever seen. I had to run out of the room and spend about five minutes at the water fountain before I could stagger back into the room with my eyes still tearing. It was HORRIBLE. And I have YET to find a diet drink I could stomach. I was able to drink Diet Pepsi for about a month, but eventually decided the misery just wasn't worth it and went back to the real stuff.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:44 am

I hope I didn't step over the line with a post in another thread.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 10:45 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I hope I didn't step over the line with a post in another thread.

If you're talking about the new dress thread, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Knowing Windsor, I'm sure she's complimented. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:45 am

bjornolf wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
Yes, I've posted on here before about it. The ability to taste saccharin and other artificial sweeteners is genetic. If you can taste them, you're NOT going to like that kind of stuff no matter what. When I was in 7th grade, our science teacher did an experiment with us. He said that if you licked the saccharin strips he provided and tasted something bitter, you would never like diet coke, but that if you licked it and couldn't taste anything, then you might as well drink diet. We had all kinds in our class. Some couldn't taste anything, some were slightly put off by it. I almost puked. I had the most violent reaction he'd ever seen. I had to run out of the room and spend about five minutes at the water fountain before I could stagger back into the room with my eyes still tearing. It was HORRIBLE. And I have YET to find a diet drink I could stomach. I was able to drink Diet Pepsi for about a month, but eventually decided the misery just wasn't worth it and went back to the real stuff.

%%-
I can't really handle sugar any more. It tastes way too thick...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 10:46 am

bjornolf wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I hope I didn't step over the line with a post in another thread.

If you're talking about the new dress thread, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Knowing Windsor, I'm sure she's complimented. ;)

%%-

She is. You have to go a loooonnnnnggggg way to step over my lines!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 10:47 am

DukeUsul wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

I'm sensing deja vu all over again.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 10:48 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:In the space of less than a decade, I've gone from "can watch the Braves game in Tegucigalpa, Honduras" to "can't watch the Braves game in South Carolina" because of TBS' brilliant programming decisions, outlined above. There is some suit somewhere who deserves to be punched in the balls.
Paging Chris Paul. Chris Paul, please report to TBS Programming immediately.
HAH! Well played, DinK. Very well played.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 10:51 am

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:In the space of less than a decade, I've gone from "can watch the Braves game in Tegucigalpa, Honduras" to "can't watch the Braves game in South Carolina" because of TBS' brilliant programming decisions, outlined above. There is some suit somewhere who deserves to be punched in the balls.
Paging Chris Paul. Chris Paul, please report to TBS Programming immediately.
HAH! Well played, DinK. Very well played.
Thank you, thank you very much! I'll be here off and on all day/night. ;)
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 10:52 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:'Parenthood' is on WGN right now. Very funny movie, IMO.
The original or the Lindsay Lohan remake?
Remake? There was never a Lindsay Lohan version of that film. Do you mean The Parent Trap?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:56 am

The race to 2000 for bjornolf and wilson continues.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:57 am

Of course, I've overstayed my self-imposed deadline. But I can only put off getting stuff done for so long.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 10:58 am

I doubt he'll have any trouble beating me. I'm leaving in a minute anyway.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...