Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 15th, 2022, 8:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
June 15th, 2022, 9:19 am
The effects of The Great Lie has now taken hold in the real world. Folks in New Mexico are refusing to certify the recent primary results in part because of Dominion machines.
New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero County to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

“I have huge concerns with these voting machines,” Otero County Commissioner Vickie Marquardt said Monday. “When I certify stuff that I don’t know is right, I feel like I’m being dishonest because in my heart I don’t know if it is right.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-commissi ... 11875.html

X( X(
I can certify with great confidence that she is a brainwashed moron who should not hold public office.

I have lost track of where the lawsuits that Dominion has filed stand, but this seems like it should help their case.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 16th, 2022, 3:05 pm

The DOJ has requested interview transcripts from the Select House Committee.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog

Post by dudog » June 16th, 2022, 4:08 pm

Loudermilk has to get kicked out of Congress, doesn't he? DOESN'T HE?!?!?

OPK, he represents part of Atlanta. Does he belong to you?
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » June 16th, 2022, 8:47 pm

dudog wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 4:08 pm

No. Proud to say, though, that when I lived in Atlanta my Congressman was Ben “Cooter” Jones from Dukes of Hazzard.
dudog

Post by dudog » June 16th, 2022, 10:44 pm

OPK wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 8:47 pm
dudog wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 4:08 pm

No. Proud to say, though, that when I lived in Atlanta my Congressman was Ben “Cooter” Jones from Dukes of Hazzard.
:banana-wrench:

I suppose that's still better than a lying has-been football player. :obscene-tolietpush:
dudog

Post by dudog » June 16th, 2022, 11:23 pm

It's hard to pick on you, OPK, when we have the likes of this in Florida;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

This is my uncle's congressman, I have no idea if he voted for him.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 17th, 2022, 8:59 am

This is how bad things are for Biden right now.
The survey of 1,541 U.S. adults, which was conducted from June 10-13, found that if another presidential election were held today, more registered voters say they would cast ballots for Donald Trump (44%) than for Biden (42%) — even though the House Jan. 6 committee has spent the last week linking Trump to what it called a “seditious conspiracy” to overturn the 2020 election and laying the groundwork for possible criminal prosecution.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-biden-d ... 21657.html
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 17th, 2022, 10:20 am

June 17th, 2022, 8:59 am
This is how bad things are for Biden right now.
The survey of 1,541 U.S. adults, which was conducted from June 10-13, found that if another presidential election were held today, more registered voters say they would cast ballots for Donald Trump (44%) than for Biden (42%) — even though the House Jan. 6 committee has spent the last week linking Trump to what it called a “seditious conspiracy” to overturn the 2020 election and laying the groundwork for possible criminal prosecution.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-biden-d ... 21657.html
I am trying to figure out what there is within his power that he can do in the next few months to right the ship. Inflation and the economy are largely beyond his control (he can do some things, but contrary to popular opinion, the president doesn't have a ton of influence on the global economy). He also only has limited power over gas taxes. He has actually created a lot of jobs.

I'm still trying to figure out what Trump actually did that made people think he was a good president.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 17th, 2022, 12:52 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
June 17th, 2022, 10:20 am

I am trying to figure out what there is within his power that he can do in the next few months to right the ship. Inflation and the economy are largely beyond his control (he can do some things, but contrary to popular opinion, the president doesn't have a ton of influence on the global economy). He also only has limited power over gas taxes. He has actually created a lot of jobs.

I'm still trying to figure out what Trump actually did that made people think he was a good president.
I don't think he can do much. That's part of him being in a tough spot with Congress, and part of him being truly ineffectual as President. He surely won't go down in history as being amongst the top half of those in office.
But he did what he needed to do in that he prevented Trump from being there for another 4 years. Hopefully someone is able to do that again (it won't be Biden). I don't care from which party they come from, even. I just don't want that malevolent insanity back in office.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 19th, 2022, 9:31 am

I'm quoting this merely for the shear poetry of it.
In the pantheon of truly awful political candidates, one stands out, and may likely enter the Truly Awful Political Candidate Hall of Fame. His name is Herschel Walker.

His U.S. Senate candidacy in Georgia continues to careen along, like a wrecked car whose engine won't stop after hitting three buses and the side of a building.
=)) =))

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/train-wrec ... 40691.html
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 19th, 2022, 10:18 am

June 19th, 2022, 9:31 am
I'm quoting this merely for the shear poetry of it.
In the pantheon of truly awful political candidates, one stands out, and may likely enter the Truly Awful Political Candidate Hall of Fame. His name is Herschel Walker.

His U.S. Senate candidacy in Georgia continues to careen along, like a wrecked car whose engine won't stop after hitting three buses and the side of a building.
=)) =))

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/train-wrec ... 40691.html
If he wins and Oz wins, I'm going to Canada. Maybe it is just the moderate in me speaking, but Warnock really needs to stay in the center rather than getting pulled far to the left so that all Republicans who realize that Walker is a total nightmare have no excuse but to vote for Warnock. If Warnock veers too far left, he gives them the excuse of "yeah, I know Walker is cray cray, but he will probably vote party-line Republican and that is better for me than this woke guy."
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 20th, 2022, 5:19 pm

Following up on my prior post, here is another one - this nutjob was a year or two ahead of me at Duke (mid-90s). I did not know him but I knew others who did and he was that guy who was a huge striver, kissing whatever butts were necessary to advance in the world. By becoming a SEAL he obviously did not take the easy way, but he is not a good human being and has clearly sold his soul to his ambition. I believe even Hawley has backed far away from him, which says a lot. Not one for Duke to be proud of.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/20/11062285 ... -in-a-new-
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 20th, 2022, 9:08 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
June 20th, 2022, 5:19 pm
Following up on my prior post, here is another one - this nutjob was a year or two ahead of me at Duke (mid-90s). I did not know him but I knew others who did and he was that guy who was a huge striver, kissing whatever butts were necessary to advance in the world. By becoming a SEAL he obviously did not take the easy way, but he is not a good human being and has clearly sold his soul to his ambition. I believe even Hawley has backed far away from him, which says a lot. Not one for Duke to be proud of.

I had no idea that guy was a Duke grad...wow.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 20th, 2022, 11:27 pm

June 20th, 2022, 9:08 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

I had no idea that guy was a Duke grad...wow.
Yup. Square who he is today with this article from Duke in 2007 that I just found about him. What a phony. Stephen Miller is a miserable human being and an embarrassment to Duke but it sounds like he has always been that way. Greitens is an opportunist who completely changed who he is (at least publicly) in search of power.

https://today.duke.edu/2007/10/greitens.html
dudog

Post by dudog » June 21st, 2022, 8:10 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

HA! He majored in ethics, philosophy, and public policy at Duke.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 21st, 2022, 9:42 am

Former President Donald Trump sees no reason to defend conservative attorney John Eastman, Rolling Stone reported.

The decision the outlet relayed came in light of the heavy scrutiny of Eastman in the Congressional Jan. 6 committee hearings, which detailed his role helping Trump try to overturn the 2020 election.

-------------------------------------------------------

Per Rolling Stone, Trump has taken to saying he "hardly" or "barely" knows Eastman, despite evidence that Trump contacted him for legal advice.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ready- ... 09413.html

=)) =)) =))
dudog

Post by dudog » June 21st, 2022, 10:09 am

June 21st, 2022, 9:42 am
Former President Donald Trump sees no reason to defend conservative attorney John Eastman, Rolling Stone reported.

The decision the outlet relayed came in light of the heavy scrutiny of Eastman in the Congressional Jan. 6 committee hearings, which detailed his role helping Trump try to overturn the 2020 election.

-------------------------------------------------------

Per Rolling Stone, Trump has taken to saying he "hardly" or "barely" knows Eastman, despite evidence that Trump contacted him for legal advice.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ready- ... 09413.html

=)) =)) =))
SSDD. Let's hope they all get what they deserve.
OPK

Post by OPK » June 21st, 2022, 10:35 am

Trump’s best play is to hug up to Eastman, say he was a trusted legal source, and that he reasonably relied on Eastman. If Eastman gave bad advice, that’s on him but I did not knowingly break the law. I listened to my lawyer.

It’s his best argument to defeat the mens rea element of the criminal statutes.
dudog

Post by dudog » June 21st, 2022, 11:20 am

OPK wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 10:35 am
Trump’s best play is to hug up to Eastman, say he was a trusted legal source, and that he reasonably relied on Eastman. If Eastman gave bad advice, that’s on him but I did not knowingly break the law. I listened to my lawyer.

I believe it's already out there that Eastman told Trump the scheme was illegal and wouldn't pass the Supreme Court.

Though it's too late now, I believe Trump's best play would have been to show contrition about January 6 and lay low. Maybe the call for a commission would have died ("let's put this behind us and "heal""). But to this day he continues to spout the lie, so I believe he has no defense like you state. He has dared the Justice Department to hold him accountable, and I see no way that they can shirk the duty.

But contrition and laying low is not his nature, like the scorpion riding the frog across the river.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 21st, 2022, 11:51 am

dudog wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 11:20 am
OPK wrote:
June 21st, 2022, 10:35 am

I believe it's already out there that Eastman told Trump the scheme was illegal and wouldn't pass the Supreme Court.
According to the lawyer from the last hearing (he worked with Pence), Eastman did acknowledge that, but it was in a conversation between the guy testifying and Eastman, not Eastman and Trump. So OPk's defense strategy would still hold.