LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » September 8th, 2009, 11:35 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:What is O I C? And is it contagious like swine flu?
It is a reference to "The Big Bang Theory." The girl keeps hearing the head geek say AFK. She asks what it means and when he tells her she responds "oh, I see." Head geek asks "what does that stand for?"

You really need to check out "The Big Bang Theory." I don't get a lot of the theoretical physics stuff, actually I don't get any of it, but there is plenty of other stuff to LMAO.
My lil sis posted that she love the "Big Bang" show on FB and I had to remind her that WE JUST DON'T DO THOSE THINGS IN PUBLIC!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 8th, 2009, 11:37 pm

wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
CellR wrote:"quote="DukeUsul""I need a scotch"/quote"
Ron Burgundy: I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
Hey now, are we talking HOP scotchy (no offense intended), but you can't have developed a taste for scotch (ya know that stuff that you have to be 21+ to drink) yet, correct? If the latter, becareful, that stuff is addictive and can get you in a lot of trouble if you enjoy for anything but the taste! :-?
It's a movie quote. Ron Burgundy is the main character (played by Will Ferrell) in 'Anchorman', IMO one of the funniest movies of the past decade.
I salute you, CellR.
Oops, I don't get out enough apparently! The Dad was coming out in me, sorry!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 8th, 2009, 11:38 pm

cl15876 wrote:OMG, I am dating myself! :oops:
Is there something you'd like to tell us? :roll: :lol:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 8th, 2009, 11:38 pm

CellR wrote:And that was my 600th post.
GREAT JOB!!!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2009, 11:39 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I prefer chocolate to vanilla. But what is the base ice cream for mint chocolate chip? Do they just mint flavor some vanilla? Or is it it's own special blend?
vanilla
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 8th, 2009, 11:40 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I just skipped ahead 22 pages. I'm not going to look back at them.

Oh, the Yankees won 3-2 tonight, getting a walk-off home run from Nick Swisher. It was his second home run of the game! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

The Yankees are now 90-50 for the season, and 39-13 since the All Star break. That's .750 baseball! Wow!
You are going to miss out on the complements we paid to you!!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 8th, 2009, 11:40 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Vanilla ice cream is an oft overlooked and underestimated flavor
I'm a huge fan of vanilla ice cream.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2009, 11:41 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Well, lots of milestones for people tonight.
Just reading ~30 pages of the LTE has been a milestone for me. and posting about 4-5 times...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2009, 11:42 pm

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Now..... see here's the problem. Vanilla isn't the base flavor of ice cream. Vanilla is a flavor itself. People often overlook it's greatness because it's thought of as basic.

Would Sweet Cream be the base flavor of no-flavor-added ice cream?
That should be "its". :-B
time for bed, wilson... :roll:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 8th, 2009, 11:42 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Vanilla ice cream is an oft overlooked and underestimated flavor
Personally, I overlook it because I find it boring unless I have toppings for it.
But vanilla itself is such a wonderful flavoring. I add it to all my pancakes, it makes them delicious on their own, without topping.
It's also a great additive for french toast.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 8th, 2009, 11:43 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
wilson wrote: quote="DukeUsul"Vanilla ice cream is an oft overlooked and underestimated flavor /quotePersonally, I overlook it because I find it boring unless I have toppings for it.
LOTS of chocolate syrup... poured all over the mounds of hills and in the valleys... YUMMMMM, I love scooping every drop up and as DukePA would say, let the puppy clean those dishes!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Did I ever tell you I don't like chocolate?
Obviously, something awful must have happened to you to cause this severe psychological damage.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2009, 11:44 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:[
When they're showing 'Everybody Loves Raymond', or any of the passel of utterly abysmal Tyler Perry shows.
In the space of less than a decade, I've gone from "can watch the Braves game in Tegucigalpa, Honduras" to "can't watch the Braves game in South Carolina" because of TBS' brilliant programming decisions, outlined above. There is some suit somewhere who deserves to be punched in the balls.
Paging Chris Paul. Chris Paul, please report to TBS Programming immediately.
Did I get the right Wake player?
right in the junk :)) :)) =)) =)) :roll: :roll:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 8th, 2009, 11:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:"quote="DukeUsul""Saw a flyer up at Duke Pediatrics wanting parents to volunteer their children for H1N1 (piggy) flu vaccine trials. I'm not at all against vaccines (I love them in fact), and I'm all for getting my family involved in research (Katie has twice participated in studies at the Duke Infant Cognition Center).... but something gives me the heebie jeebies about putting my kid in a H1N1 (piggy) flu vaccine study."/quote"

I signed up my kid for all kinds of studies. One, a breastfeeding study, earned us free diapers for a year.

Another study got us free formula (which kind of conflicted with the breastfeeding study), but once he quit nursing, we just switched over to the free formula.
Sign me up! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) but only if they are cloth diapers! Those things are amazing!!!! :)) :)) :)) :))
Actually, I hated the cloth diapers because when they're wet, they don't wick away the moisture from the baby, and then it gets cold, and the baby wakes up in the middle of the night.

For a good night's sleep, I used Pampers.
Silly, Silly, silly girl... I wasn't talking about using them on babies!!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2009, 11:45 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
That was Dave Parker who also played for awhile with Cincinnati and probably some other teams.
I remember Dave!!!!! OMG, I am dating myself! :oops:
I thought you were dating someone else? Now I'm confused. :-\
:)) :)) =)) =))
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 8th, 2009, 11:45 pm

cl15876 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:The Phillies.
Boooooooooo!!!! :))
Double BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Actually, I used to follow them also, Mike Schmidt in the 70's and early 80's amongst others, awesome times!!! My uncle actually pitched for the KC Royals before he threw his arm out.... I should have tried for the Pro's.... OH well, should-of, would-of, could-of..... they'll kill ya.... I still have it with some work, but those days are behind me now!!!
Would I have seen him play?
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2009, 11:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I just skipped ahead 22 pages. I'm not going to look back at them.

Oh, the Yankees won 3-2 tonight, getting a walk-off home run from Nick Swisher. It was his second home run of the game! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

The Yankees are now 90-50 for the season, and 39-13 since the All Star break. That's .750 baseball! Wow!
If you don't look at those pages, you'll never know what we wrote about you.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 8th, 2009, 11:47 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I'm game, but then I don't have much to do for the next day or so. Before I hit the road to Cincy...just a two day trip to sign the lease, say hi to the boss, pickup the laptop, and have a washer and dryer delivered to the new place.
What kind of washer/dryer did you get? I really like my Whirlpool Duet.
A couple GE Profile ones. I got a huge employee discount for it before I left. They have the steam cycles.
"shit steam?"

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 8th, 2009, 11:48 pm

devildeac wrote:We left the house at about 715 PM to go to a couple dance classes and a Goodberry's custard sundae and I come back to SEVENTEEN pages of new material on the LTE. S-E-V-E-N-T-E-E-N freakin' pages. Unprecedented. Absolutely amazing display, spearheaded by Ymo and his henchmen BONES, wilson and DukeUsul with cameos by CellR and yours truly at the end. I read 10-12 pages and , while doing that, fell two or three more pages behind.

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

I may wear the crown but I am ready to relinquish it to Ymo after today's incredulous undertaking.
I'm in a similar boat. I think I was about 30 pages behind when I started. I'm still trying to catch up. :o
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 8th, 2009, 11:48 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote: Chocolate is for girls. BOOM! Owned!!! :p :p :p
Must be why Wilson is so popular with the ladies. He likes chocolate and shares it with the girls.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 8th, 2009, 11:48 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Ice cream time
What happened to the scotch? :-o :-o :-o
Scotch and vanilla ice cream go VERY well together
I might have to try this sometime!