NASCAR 2010

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2010

Post by Lavabe » October 17th, 2010, 7:42 am

colchar wrote:Looks like I am fucked this week. I usually make my picks on the Wednesday but this week I left them until Thursday and, apparently, am now too late to make them so I am stuck with the same drivers that I had last week.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this is how you react on weeks when you win... :)) =))

Congrats!

Having said that, you pulled away from me by 36 pts. Having 3 drivers in the top 12 didn't hurt you.

That race was VERY weird last night. Lots of spin outs, including Jeff Burton late. He didn't lose a lap, but RCR seemed to run into all sorts of issues. Bowyer got tapped and became loose in traffic late, Harvick was mediocre (for him), and Burton hit some bad luck (as usual). Bowyer also got the worst of it when he sideswiped JJ coming out of the pits. Jeff Gordon raced well, but then came an endless series of bad things (battery/alternator issues, speeding penalty, etc...). Carl Edwards was a dud last night. And poor Kasey Kahne got into a crash, came to the pits, and couldn't continue (replaced by JJ Yeley). Kurt Busch got tagged early, and never could get back into the race. Smoke got tagged early, and was never a factor in the race (that and he had several weird pit incidents). JPM was his usual self.

Racers who were good: JamieMac, Blech (who admitted he LOST the race for his team), JJ, Hamlin, Logano, Kenseth, Truex, Reutimann. Otherwise, lots of mediocre and subpar performances.

The Chase is coming down to a two driver race, JJ and Hamlin. And frankly, Hamlin has been VERY consistent this Chase. It's the only reason JJ has yet to run away with it. Next week, we move on to Martinsville. THIS should be a major decider in the Chase championship. Hamlin may just do it this year!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 17th, 2010, 10:25 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I've taken a much different viewpoint on speeding lately. What's the rush? Have I gotten old?
Whoops posted this in the wrong thread...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 17th, 2010, 12:47 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I've taken a much different viewpoint on speeding lately. What's the rush? Have I gotten old?
Whoops posted this in the wrong thread...
I thought you were making a comment about Jeff Gordon. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 17th, 2010, 12:49 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
colchar wrote:Who won this week? They are taking forever to update the Yahoo site.
You did with a 273, a few others very close behind.

I just noticed that now. I'm shocked by this considering the fact that I got my picks in too late and was stuck using last week's drivers.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 17th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Looks like I am fucked this week. I usually make my picks on the Wednesday but this week I left them until Thursday and, apparently, am now too late to make them so I am stuck with the same drivers that I had last week.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this is how you react on weeks when you win... :)) =))

Congrats!

Having said that, you pulled away from me by 36 pts. Having 3 drivers in the top 12 didn't hurt you.
Thanks.

I'll take every point I can get right now as the lead that had seemed so large at the end of the summer session has been halved due to my poor performance in the fall session. Right now it is just a case of hanging on until the season ends.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 17th, 2010, 9:14 pm

colchar wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
colchar wrote:Who won this week? They are taking forever to update the Yahoo site.
You did with a 273, a few others very close behind.

I just noticed that now. I'm shocked by this considering the fact that I got my picks in too late and was stuck using last week's drivers.
Where were you when you forgot to keep up with everything, Tuktoyaktuk?

Let's be clear... you weren't "STUCK" with token shmoes, as you had JJ, Edwards, Hornish (top three C List pick in this week's race notes), Kenseth, and Harvick. David Ragan was the worst option you had; Logano actually had a good race.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 17th, 2010, 11:40 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Where were you when you forgot to keep up with everything, Tuktoyaktuk?

Let's be clear... you weren't "STUCK" with token shmoes, as you had JJ, Edwards, Hornish (top three C List pick in this week's race notes), Kenseth, and Harvick. David Ragan was the worst option you had; Logano actually had a good race.

No, I just had other stuff on my plate and figured I could leave my picks until Thursday. I had forgotten it was a Saturday night race and that picks would have to be in a day earlier than for a typical Sunday race.

And no, I wasn't stuck with a bunch of schmoes but I like to make new picks every week rather than riding the same guys a couple of weeks in a row. Luckily, it worked out for me this week.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 18th, 2010, 4:40 am

IIRC, earlier this year, right after Watkins Glen, Tilly made no changes in her picks (including top C list choice PATRICK CARPENTIER) and lost out by maybe 10 points on the win the following week.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 18th, 2010, 5:08 am

From SportsIllustrated's web site, about the blow-up between Kasey Kahne and Richard Petty Motorsports during the race:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/r ... ref=sircrc

No brakes? :-o
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 20th, 2010, 11:54 am

Don't forget to get your picks in this week!!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 20th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Mine are in.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 21st, 2010, 12:26 am

Major change with Kasey Kahne; he is out of Richard Petty Motorsports for the rest of the season. Look at the change in lineup:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/r ... ?eref=sihp
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 22nd, 2010, 9:50 am

This article has done the impossible...
http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlin ... index.html
It has linked the financial struggles of Richard Petty Motorsports with the recent sale of Liverpool Football Club of the English Premiership. About 2/3 of the way into the story, it discusses Roush's business partner, John Henry, who just bought Liverpool from the main owner of RPM, Gillet.

THIS IS KOOKY! :-o
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 22nd, 2010, 10:00 am

Shouldn't this thread have a V-8 section? Or should that be a V-10 or V-12? :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 22nd, 2010, 11:42 am

devildeac wrote:Shouldn't this thread have a V-8 section? Or should that be a V-10 or V-12? :ymdevil:
Perhaps the #9 Aric Almirola should get a secondary sponsor of CLAMATO, just to go with his main sponsor, Budweiser. ;)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 22nd, 2010, 11:47 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Shouldn't this thread have a V-8 section? Or should that be a V-10 or V-12? :ymdevil:
Perhaps the #9 Aric Almirola should get a secondary sponsor of CLAMATO, just to go with his main sponsor, Budweiser. ;)
Now there's a thought. It would be kind of cool if teams would have sponsors of compatible items.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 22nd, 2010, 10:02 pm

Denny Hamlin wins the pole, followed by Ambrose. JJ starts 20th.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2010, 2:02 pm

117 laps into the race:
Hamlin led a few laps, then fell back fast into the 15th area. He has now worked his way back up to 4th or 5th.
Ambrose took over from Hamlin, but fell back a little.
Jeff Burton has held the lead since, with Reutimann holding well in 2nd. Rocketman is holding steady iin 3rd (I believe he led a lap or two), with Hamlin in 4th, followed by Biffle, Harvick, JJ, and JG.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 24th, 2010, 2:47 pm

Has JJ won it already?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Oh YUCK... Bowyer just hit the wall. Last week it was Rocketman. This week it's Bowyer. :ymtongue:
202 of 500 laps done
Burton, Hamlin, Harvick,JJ, and JG. Jr, Rocketman, and Reutimann next, followed by Blech and JFL.