Weather Check!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Weather Check!

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 22nd, 2011, 9:14 pm

Ad, I'm hoping all is OK there and you are safe. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 22nd, 2011, 10:21 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Another fun-filled night of severe weather to look forward to. A tornado hit Joplin, MO, around an hour ago. They're showing pictures on The Weather Channel - the damage is extensive. The hospital took a direct hit. The storms are headed this way. :-ss
Vibes and prayers for your safety, AD. :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 22nd, 2011, 10:35 pm

Thanks for the vibes! Storms are past, and they weren't bad at all. Send prayers and vibes to the city of Joplin. I don't know if you've seen pictures on The Weather Channel, but much of the town was leveled. The hospital took a direct hit. :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » May 22nd, 2011, 10:53 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Another fun-filled night of severe weather to look forward to. A tornado hit Joplin, MO, around an hour ago. They're showing pictures on The Weather Channel - the damage is extensive. The hospital took a direct hit. The storms are headed this way. :-ss
Hope your family in/near Little Rock come through okay too -- looks like the storms are extending southward into Arkansas.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2011, 9:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks for the vibes! Storms are past, and they weren't bad at all. Send prayers and vibes to the city of Joplin. I don't know if you've seen pictures on The Weather Channel, but much of the town was leveled. The hospital took a direct hit. :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
AD, I'm glad you're safe. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Joplin.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 23rd, 2011, 9:37 am

Words fail me. This did turn out to be the end of the world for so many. Prayers and vibes doubled and redoubled.
Love and care to all, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 23rd, 2011, 1:33 pm

Throatybeard just posted on FB that the thunderstorm that passed through Joplin after the tornado is headed straight for St. Louis, with 60-70mph straight-line winds.

Vibes and prayers for throaty, AD, and all of those in the storm's path. :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 25th, 2011, 1:12 pm

Well that was fun. Just spent 45 minutes or so taking shelter due to tornado watch. There was a report of a funnel cloud touching down about 4 miles away. No reports of damage but it could be an interesting afternoon as the reports come in from all around town. Latest report had a funnel cloud just east of Kauffman Stadium.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 25th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Umm, throaty? Arkie? Y'all okay? CNN is showing some hideous weather in St.Louis County. Hope you're okay!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 25th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:Umm, throaty? Arkie? Y'all okay? CNN is showing some hideous weather in St.Louis County. Hope you're okay!!
I'm at home and watching the weather. All of my evening activities have been canceled. Looks like the worst of it is past us - for now.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 25th, 2011, 8:21 pm

I'm with Ima, praying and vibeing. :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 27th, 2011, 3:56 pm

My avatar's umbrella is very, very appropriate today!!!!! We just got 4 inches in about an hour! Franklin Street pedestrians have had to get out their water wings! And foundations and walls are shifting down by the Q-Shack in Derm.
Love, Ima :character-ariel:
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » May 27th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:My avatar's umbrella is very, very appropriate today!!!!! We just got 4 inches in about an hour! Franklin Street pedestrians have had to get out their water wings! And foundations and walls are shifting down by the Q-Shack in Derm.
I'm gald I got my Q from the Shack last night. :D :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: AW
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 27th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:My avatar's umbrella is very, very appropriate today!!!!! We just got 4 inches in about an hour! Franklin Street pedestrians have had to get out their water wings! And foundations and walls are shifting down by the Q-Shack in Derm.
Damn!!! Chapel Hill got part of the rain we need in Northern Orange. We only got 1/2 inch. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 28th, 2011, 2:03 am

Apparently, it hit 84 in Fairbanks, Alaska today. Here in Seattle, we barely reached low 60's. There's something wrong with that. God, I miss NC spring & summer.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 30th, 2011, 1:02 am

Saturday - high was in the low 60s with drizzle most of the day.

Sunday - sunny and the high was in the high 80s.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » June 3rd, 2011, 6:47 am

We're supposed to finally get into the mid-70's today!!!!!!!!!! This will be the first time Seattle's hit those numbers in over 250 days. We may even hit 80's over the weekend. WITH sun!!! :-BD :dance: :-BD

We're celebrating by hitting up our favorite sandwich shop, and having a picnic overlooking Lake Union. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 3rd, 2011, 8:02 am

It's nice this morning, 62 degrees when I got up at 7:00. I've been on the deck drinking tea. Harley loves the cooler temps. :happy-bouncyblue:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 3rd, 2011, 8:31 am

It's supposed to be cooler today and tomorrow here too. Sunday it goes back to being effing hot.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 3rd, 2011, 9:25 pm

Beautiful, coolish evening here on the humpdump. We had a supper of shrimp salad on the back porch. Think I'll spend the rest of the evening out there reading. Hope it's nice where you are.
Love, Ima